At the Vatican in spirit
✟1,083.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have no desire to watch Mr. Hahn, if you have someone more digestible than he is, I will consider watching them. I just can not take Mr. Hahn . . . I would watch a hate-mongering anti-Protestant than I would wathc him.

Do you have anymore videos of someone other than Hahn?
This thread is about Hahn though.

If I ever find a video I like I'll sart a thread.

BTW: I think your description of Hahn is cruel and mean-spirited. I have seen him a lot on EWTN and he always comes across as a good, kind, thoughtful family man.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread is about Hahn though.

If I ever find a video I like I'll sart a thread.

BTW: I think your description of Hahn is cruel and mean-spirited. I have seen him a lot on EWTN and he always comes across as a good, kind, thoughtful family man.
Have you ever seen much of him when he is off camera?

Upvote 0

TheCatholic

Sep 15, 2009
At the Vatican in spirit
✟1,083.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever seen much of him when he is off camera?
No I have not. But neither has anyone else here. And I will think the best of people unless they give me cause to do otherwise

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Sorry, that's how I feel and what I think regarding Mr. Hahn. What about my description of Keating? You have no objections to it? What about my description of Aquilina . . . oh, I forgot, this thread is about Hhn. So, if we are being strictly regualted here, I'll be seeing your around . . . .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No I have not. But neither has anyone else here. And I will think the best of people unless they give me cause to do otherwise
One reason I am not interested in listening to him or reading his books is that I am SOLO SCRIPTURA and he is not. :blush:

Scott Hahn Heretic

[FONT=OMGMHP+TimesNewRoman,Bold]Attacks authority of the Bible [/FONT]
Hahn attacks the fact that the Bible alone is the ultimate authority. He takes up the silly argument that the Bible does not say specifically that it is the only authority. He carefully lays out his own argument against the Bible as the ultimate authority by showing how others argued the point to him. But Hahn never answers their arguments with any Bible verses. Rather he quotes other men who themselves do not believe that the Bible alone is the ultimate authority. Hahn sums up one such exchange by recounting his conversation with another theologian with whom he obviously agrees, “‘But professor [I said]…what we are saying then is that we should only believe what the Bible teaches, but the Bible doesn’t teach us to only believe what the Bible teaches. Our assumption isn’t taught by the Bible…That feels like we’re cutting off the branch that we’re sitting on.’ Then he said, ‘Well, what other option do we have?’ Good point, all right.”The Lord Jesus Christ declared clearly the truth of God’s Word. He said, “[FONT=OMGMLA+TimesNewRoman,Italic]Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth[/FONT].” God’s Word not only contains the truth but it is Truth itself. This is consistent with the declarations throughout the Old Testament in which the Holy Spirit continually proclaimed that the revelation from God is truth. Christ Jesus rebuked the Pharisees because they placed their tradition on a par with the Word of God. He condemned them because they were attempting to corrupt the very basis of truth by equating their traditions with the Word of God. He declared to them that they were “[FONT=OMGMLA+TimesNewRoman,Italic]making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered[/FONT].”21

Since the Scripture alone is inspired, it alone is the ultimate authority. It alone is the final judge of all human traditions and reasonings. The Word of the Lord teaches, “[FONT=OMGMLA+TimesNewRoman,Italic]Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.[/FONT]”22 It then immediately commands in the next verse, “[FONT=OMGMLA+TimesNewRoman,Italic]Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar[/FONT].” This teaching and command show emphatically that it is God’s Word alone that is pure and uncontaminated. The truth is this: since God alone breathes out His written Word, it—and it alone—is the sole rule of faith. It cannot be otherwise. Any church that contradicts Scripture or attempts to assign to it an inferior position in the life of faith may safely be accounted as a liar and deceiver bent on moving God off His throne so that it may occupy the position of absolute authority itself.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is always smart to be well read. You should read books from everybody
Isaiah 8:19-21
And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are you talking to me? Because, if you are I hafta ask you if you've read anything i've posted here? why do you presume that "I'm not well read" simply because I've told you I have no desire to read Hahn? If I wern't "well read," most likely I wouldn't have even known who he was. I just told you a Catholic friend sent me three books . . . three books and I read ALL three. And, because I have a thing about finishing books I start, I somehow muddled my way through Hahn's book. I found Keating more tolerable and redible than Hahn.

So, nope, I won't be suckered into reading another one of Hahn's books. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Uh, I know I'm taking a big chance here, livin' on the edge by venturing off topic, but since you brought up, how many non-Catholic books have you read?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, do you not let your kids read school books either? Is every book other than the Bible somehow evil?
That sort of extremist fundamentalism breeds ignorance
No one implied that. I just don't read books period.

I somehow had a "vision" of the "Mod Squad" coming in soon, as they did this other S. Hahn thread :sorry:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7336070/#post50376471
Dr Scott Hahn on "The Journey Home" - FULL VIDEO

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So, do you not let your kids read school books either? Is every book other than the Bible somehow evil? That sort of extremist fundamentalism breeds ignorance
I tell you what, I can go even further than that, I let my daghter marry a Catholic . . .:thumbsup: Seein' as she was over eighteen (18) weren't a whole lot I could do to stop her. However, I guess since she was only a freshman in highschool when they started dating, I could have refused to let her date him. Boy . . . :sigh: If I had only known then . . .:doh:

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, do you not let your kids read school books either? Is every book other than the Bible somehow evil?
We are looking for Truth, Who should we turn to BUT God?
You think idea's just 'pop' into peoples heads? :idea:
THOUGHT is spiritual and is received via the spirit either by many spirit's or by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Philippians 3 3:2-3
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Originally Posted by TheCatholic
Ironic isn't it.

... and causes quite a problem.

The used the wrong thing to reach a conclusion he regards as true. The conclusion, AT BEST, must be faulty since the way he reached it was wrong and now rejected.

As Christians we know that the Bible is the written word of God.
And yet the Bible itself says there is more to what Jesus did than is written within its pages, and it tells us how Jesus chose men to lead his church.
Yes, the Gospel of St. John says Jesus DID some things not recorded in that singular Book. Jesus likely ate breakfast on Palm Sunday. John doesn't record that. Yup, I think John was probably right.

But that's a LONG WAY from someone reading in Scripture about all the things the RCC says are true that the Bible doesn't record. THAT seems to be a problem.....

EITHER he used something WRONG to come to a conclusion that he regards as RIGHT - leaving us wonder how wrong things lead to right conclusions, or he used something RIGHT that lead to a conclusion that it is WRONG, thus his conclusion is wrong. Either way: Houston, we've got a problem, he's gotta be wrong.

If one concludes from using Scripture that Scripture is not the right rule for coming to conclusions, then isn't his conclusion likely false? If one looks to self as the arbiter and concludes that self is not a reliable arbiter, then isn't his conclusion likely false?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States