United States
✟6,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My scripture professor at Ave maria U (who is convert from Lutheranism) is friends with Dr Hahn and helped him wright a portion of the study notes in the Old Testament in the Ignatius Catholic study bible.

Wow! That's interesting.

Boy, if I were young again, I'd love to go to Franciscan University in Steubanville

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow! That's interesting.

Boy, if I were young again, I'd love to go to Franciscan University in Steubanville
You mean you are too old? Seems M Luther mentioned something about that ehehe

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/1_update.html

"If I were younger I would want to learn this language [i.e. Hebrew], for without it one can never properly understand the Holy Scripture….
For that reason they have said correctly: 'The Jews drink out of the original spring, The Greeks drink out of the stream flowing out of the stream, The Latins, however, out of the puddle.'"
--Martin Luther (1483-1546)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Although I am not Catholic, I've read Hahn's books and listen to Him on EWTN. Mike Aquilina's book on the Church Fathers is also good.

"A Father Who Always Keeps His Promises" is excellent. I like his teaching on the covenants.

"The Father wanted to convince his children "heirs of the promise," that He is absolutely faithful, unchangeable in character. He knew the Israelites were surrounded by peoples with fickle gods, benevolent one day, and vindictive the next. Why should the Hebrews not expect more of the same? No wonder God went to such great lengths to convince His people that He was different. He swore an oath to strengthen their trust, accomodating himself to their weakness of faith, in His initial word of promise. Like the Hebrews, we need to hold on to hope as a "sure anchor of the soul", especially since we have a better covenant."

"The basic message God wants to convey by covenant can be stated simply:" I love you. I am commited to you. I swear I will never forsake you. You are mine and I am yours. I am your father and your family." How astonishing that the creator has such a profound love for His creatures!" - Scott Hahn

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Although I am not Catholic, I've read Hahn's books and listen to Him on EWTN. Mike Aquilina's book on the Church Fathers is also good.

"A Father Who Always Keeps His Promises" is excellent. I like his teaching on the covenants.

"The Father wanted to convince his children "heirs of the promise," that He is absolutely faithful, unchangeable in character. He knew the Israelites were surrounded by peoples with fickle gods, benevolent one day, and vindictive the next. Why should the Hebrews not expect more of the same? No wonder God went to such great lengths to convince His people that He was different. He swore an oath to strengthen their trust, accomodating himself to their weakness of faith, in His initial word of promise. Like the Hebrews, we need to hold on to hope as a "sure anchor of the soul", especially since we have a better covenant."

"The basic message God wants to convey by covenant can be stated simply:" I love you. I am commited to you. I swear I will never forsake you. You are mine and I am yours. I am your father and your family." How astonishing that the creator has such a profound love for His creatures!" - Scott Hahn
Very beautiful! But not enough for me to join the Catholic Church as all churches, including the EO have very beautifull writings from their Patriarchs.

All to the Glory of Him!!!:pray:

Reve 15:3 And they are singing the song of Moses the bond-servant of the God and the song of the lambkin saying "great and marvelous the works of Thee Lord! the God the Almighty/pantokratwr <3841>, just and true the ways of Thee the King of the saints/*ages/*nations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lamb, the guy is a Methodist. He's not trying to make you Catholic. LOL
You mean Scott Hahn?
So he didn't become a Catholic or is a Catholic now? If not, then I apologize for the inference. I sometimes tend to get confused when it comes to Denominations :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

katholikos

Aug 29, 2008
United States
✟6,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
NO! I mean "seeking him", the poster you responded to when you said "Very beautiful! But not enough for me to join the Catholic Church"
Ahhhh! :doh::sorry:
I have too many irons in the fire today on CF I guess :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Although I do think doctrine is important, I like what Watchmen Nee (Protestant) says:

"People can be mentally convinced of doctrinal correctness, or emotionally stirred, but spirit must touch Spirit."

"Edification is when our spirit contacts God's Spirit. It doesn't matter through whom or what He moves, but I will be built up, edified, nourished and revived."

I've been through a time of some trials, and God has used many Catholic brethren to speak to me. As Fr. Benedict Groeschel says: mercy, mercy, mercy. :):crossrc:

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Although I do think doctrine is important, I like what Watchmen Nee (Protestant) says:

"People can be mentally convinced of doctrinal correctness, or emotionally stirred, but spirit must touch Spirit."

"Edification is when our spirit contacts God's Spirit. It doesn't matter through whom or what He moves, but I will be built up, edified, nourished and revived."

I've been through a time of some trials, and God has used many Catholic brethren to speak to me. As Fr. Benedict Groeschel says: mercy, mercy, mercy. :):crossrc:

Amen!:amen:

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"If I were younger I would want to learn this language [i.e. Hebrew], for without it one can never properly understand the Holy Scripture….
For that reason they have said correctly: 'The Jews drink out of the original spring, The Greeks drink out of the stream flowing out of the stream, The Latins, however, out of the puddle.'"
--Martin Luther (1483-1546)
Well then, good thing I drink from the Rock, huh? :amen:

YouTube - Jesus Is The Rock, Not Peter (zkueker88)

Upvote 0

katholikos

Aug 29, 2008
United States
✟6,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Father Groeschel is pretty good, isn't he.

Sometimes he can have a wry sense of humor too

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have read most of Dr. Hahn's books and have heard his debates with some of the top protestant scholars and apologist. I think he is awesome. I think many anti-Catholics( like James McCarthy) are against him because over the last 20 years he has literally helped thousands of protestants come into the fullness of truth in the Catholic church via his lectures, books, tapes, and debates. He has helped many former Catholics return to their Catholic faith and see how biblical, logical, and historical it is.

Jesus Christ definately had a plan for him in the new evangelization promoted by Vatican council II and Both John Paul II and Benedict XVI.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.