Scientology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueLioness

No. It's probably not nice, but my mother has said some pretty strange things about Scientologists. I guess mom has been guilty of speaking bad things about others who did not believe the same way she did (she's a baptist), and thinking that those people were "weird" or "strange" -- I think Baptists (or fundamental christians) and Scientologists believe and teach different things.

I know a lot of what Christians believe in (being I was raised one), but I'm sorry, I know nothing about Scientology. Of course, in any Christians' mind, if you are not a Christian you must be in cahoots with the devil and be guilty of every evil walking this planet. I've heard that one so many times.

I am not even sure that Scientology is Christianity to begin with.

No, mom follows the christian religion and her denomination is called "baptist." At least that is what they've always called us. "Baptist." I am not even sure what the word itself means...I mean, of course that is the name of a denomination within Christianity, that much I know. Just like Lutheran or Presbyterian, or Quaker, or any other denomination.

I have often wondered how my life would have played out had I been raised by a different sort of parents. But I wasn't. The instant my mother had me she brought me to a christian church, and I have memories of being in the nursery as a baby and hearing the pastor preaching over the intercom.

I am aware that there are different religions out there, like Buddhism, Sikhism, and Wicca, (most recently I have heard of Jainism), and other belief systems such as Agnosticism, and Athiesm, I was just not raised a follower of any of those religions, so I know very little about them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Can anyone give me a breakdown of Scientology? Core views and beliefs?

In all my years being a Baptist I have never yet met even one Scientologist. I am beginning to think that they are rare. o.o

We Christians do not believe we are evil. We believe we follow a divine figure, this is why we think that others who accuse us of being evil are insane. And yes, I have heard that accusation before, but I think I made fun of it. Because logically speaking, divinity is not evil. There is absolutely no way God can be evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rev55

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,819.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Doing some quick research you can find that a man named Ron L. Hubbard who was a science fiction writer invited Scientology. They believe the Galactic Lord XENU brought our spiritual ancestors here to earth and bombed them with nuclear weapons and we are all made if their spiritual energy. You must pay in order to advance in their ranks and take tests so they know you are ready to learn things others don't know. They video tape confessions and use those against you if you try to leave the church. When you do leave the church they completely disown you and no one in the church is allowed to have contact with you. That's just the little I got from a quick study I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Operation clambake is a very good resource when it comes to scientology. Whats important to know though is that information is revealed in stages. And even when scientologists are challenged on what they believe they will always deny, deny, deny. Many may not even be aware of the higher levels because they are told very early on if they do the steps out of order they may get sick and die.

I dont believe the following is revealed until at least OT level three. The core belief is that they believe we are thetans and hundreds of thousands of years ago, an evil lord Xenu, trying to solve a population problem on his own planet tied up the thetans and dropped them into volcanos with nuclear bombs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.