Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes how yet it doesn't stop man from using science to make supernatural claims like the Big Bang (clearly supernatual) and abiogenesis (extremely supernatual) and even a wolf turning to a whale (that's a greater miracle than Jesus turning water into wine)

Then there is the supernatural string theory with 11 dimensions and the supernatural stuff called dark matter and dark energy and the supernatural multi-universe.

Science doesn't make supernatural claims, nor can it. Humans make supernatural claims and attach them to natural phenomena, as you did there. Just like people thought lightning was caused by Zeus getting angry.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You're awfully bitter when people disagree with you. His contribution is perfectly valid, you're tolerance of it is all that is lacking here.

I'm afraid you have read bias, where there is none.

The conversation can continue without you, if you would prefer to say nothing.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Science doesn't make supernatural claims, nor can it. Humans make supernatural claims and attach them to natural phenomena, as you did there. Just like people thought lightning was caused by Zeus getting angry.
Science is done by humans. Of course today we have a better understanding of lightning so we don't consider that supernatural. Now how stars are formed is still unknown which scientist believes it's cause by the Big Bang just like those who thought lightning was caused by Zeus. Man today is the same as man in the past.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Science is done by humans. Of course today we have a better understanding of lightning so we don't consider that supernatural. Now how stars are formed is still unknown which scientist believes it's cause by the Big Bang just like those who thought lightning was caused by Zeus. Man today is the same as man in the past.

So you're saying that the Big Bang was supernatural because you don't understand it? God of the gaps is terrible science and terrible theology.

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

now how stars are formed is still unknown which scientist believes it's cause by the Big Bang

Scientists do not believe stars were formed in the Big Bang. You are only exposing your ignorance of even the basics of the topic.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that stellar development is some great mystery. It isn't. We have telescopes that can observe it taking place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Scientists do not believe stars were formed in the Big Bang. You are only exposing your ignorance of even the basics of the topic.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that stellar development is some great mystery. It isn't. We have telescopes that can observe it taking place.
All man's theories of how to create a new star requires stars already exist. (ex: star can be create in theory by supernovas which were stars)They have no idea how you go from the Big Bang (no stars) to stars and galaxies.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
All man's theories of how to create a new star requires stars already exist. (ex: star can be create in theory by supernovas which were stars)They have no idea how you go from the Big Bang (no stars) to stars and galaxies.
The cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation shows the universe at a state where matter was still pulling together from a nearly uniform state. There are small variations in the CMB, the map looks spotty. That was the beginning of gravity pulling together the mass into clumps.

Quasars are so bright and so far away because that is the startup of a galaxy. All galaxies started out as quasars billions of years ago.

So we can see the progression of matter from starless to star filled.

Upvote 0

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It leaves out the actual theological principles in defining God's eternal nature. One of those would be the asiety (utter independance) of God.

I have to agree with this comment. The video lacked any clear direction towards Christ as well. I did like the comment made about thermodynamics, but that was about it. The video itself was not very aesthetically pleasing to watch, which made it a little difficult.

Although, I have to disagree that there is no need to pursue proving the existence of God.

I believe that there are people called to serve God in the scientific arena. What better way to work towards evangelism than learning to speak the language of the one you are attempting to bring to Christ.

Not everyone has a literary learning style and so for them, I can very much appreciate that there are those who are called as evangelists to this group.

I don't know that I think this is the best video for that objective though.

But, the most important thing about this subject, I think, is to not be negative and assume that someone has to come to know God a certain way and that they can't use the field of science to encourage their own or someone else's faith.

It is a worthy venture to pursue especially in our present day and age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums