School Field Trip to Teacher's Lesbian Wedding Sparks Controversy

Which would you choose, if both were possible?

• Today's government-managed public school.

• Home school.

Results are only viewable after voting.

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
same gender marriage is a human concept and against God’s purposes as I have demonstrated from scripture.

God's purpose was rather 'clinical'. His command was 'to begat'. Obviously it requires a male and a female to accomplish that. Human beings were also designed to have 'concepts' and to be diverse so no need to knock it. Otherwise we'd be robots. Strangely, God never said anything about 'love' in regard to same gender marriage. I guess it's just assumed. God didn't even distinguish the difference between 'lust' and 'strong sexual attraction'. One is wrong while the other appears to be right. What IS the difference ...anyone know?

Yes they are, one has to be fundamentally Christian to be Christian, if you cant provide some scriptural evidence from both testaments that countenances same sex unions I don’t think you cant put the Christian position.

The Christian position (as per the word of God) would also have us executing disobedient kids and those who profane the Sabbath. So, precisely HOW obedient are we to be to God's word before common sense and reasoning kicks in?

Actually, have you ever been tempted to execute someone else's spoiled little brats ...I mean, really! :)

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
God's purpose was rather 'clinical'. His command was 'to begat'. Obviously it requires a male and a female to accomplish that. Human beings were also designed to have 'concepts' and to be diverse so no need to knock it. Otherwise we'd be robots. Strangely, God never said anything about 'love' in regard to same gender marriage.
No such thing as same gender marriage. God never said anything about a concept outside what He created. Your idea is baseless, God created woman for man, He created male and female; it was for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. (Gen 2, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6-7)

Actually, have you ever been tempted to execute someone else's spoiled little brats ...I mean, really!
I disagree, unless you can provide some scriptural evidence from both testaments that countenances same sex unions I don’t think you cant put the Christian position.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To KCKID,
No such thing as same gender marriage. God never said anything about a concept outside what He created. Your idea is baseless, God created woman for man, He created male and female; it was for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. (Gen 2, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6-7)

Whoops. I don't normally post without checking the contents of my post. This time I goofed (slaps wrists).

What I intended to post was this:
God's purpose was rather 'clinical'. His command was 'to begat'. Obviously it requires a male and a female to accomplish that. Human beings were also designed to have 'concepts' and to be diverse so no need to knock it. Otherwise we'd be robots. Strangely, God never said anything about 'love' in regard to opposite gender marriage. I guess it's just assumed.

You're just going to have to catch on sooner or later, bms, that we are NOT robots. We have a mind to think for ourselves. We have a mind with which to be creative. We have a mind with which to choose WHO to love as opposed to following a legal mandate (as YOU would prefer) as to who we are to love.

I personally find your brand of Christianity to be most questionable since it stifles one's God-given life choices that were given to each of us as well as the freedom to be diverse ...neither of which is necessarily evil or against God. You evidently don't want choice or diversity. You evidently want rigidness. You evidently desire to follow the letter just like all legalists do and your Christianity suffers as a result. You have no right to dictate to people who they are to love/be attracted to. Nor does God have the right because HE chose to give US freedom to choose for ourselves. One's choice to be attracted to/marry someone of the same gender DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THEY ARE IN DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD!

We can agree to disagree if you wish because I CERTAINLY disagree with you on THIS issue. :)

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,

Whoops. I don't normally post without checking the contents of my post. This time I goofed (slaps wrists).

God's purpose was rather 'clinical'. His command was 'to begat'. Obviously it requires a male and a female to accomplish that.
Then you still haven’t read or believed the Bible as His purpose or reason was to create woman for man as the scripture says, He made them male and female it was for this reason that a man shall be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. Whether you think it is robotic or not you can’t change what He created.
God never said anything about 'love' in regard to
opposite gender marriage. I guess it's just assumed.
Marriage is the union of man and woman the two sexes as you can see in the Biblical testimony.

You're just going to have to catch on sooner or later, bms, that we are NOT robots. We have a mind to think for ourselves. We have a mind with which to be creative. We have a mind with which to choose WHO to love as opposed to following a legal mandate (as YOU would prefer) as to who we are to love.
That came through disobedience, ‘did God really say?’ and such rebellion was the reason for Jesus Christ. One can be creative for God and one can be creative against God’s purposes, same sex unions are an example of the latter.

I personally find your brand of Christianity to be most questionable since it stifles one's God-given life choices that were given to each of us as well as the freedom to be diverse ...neither of which is necessarily evil or against God.
As I said unless you can provide some scriptural evidence from both testaments that countenances same sex unions as I have done that exclude and condemn it you cant have the Christian position on this.

just like all legalists do and your Christianity suffers as a result.
Christians following Jesus Christ live in freedom not the OT law (Romans 8), unlike those who keep asking about legal aspects of the law like yourself. Loving ones neighbour does not include sexual immorality it excludes it.

Galatians 5:13 “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature ; rather, serve one another in love.
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Nor does God have the right
God does have the right as I have shown you from His Biblical testimony.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To KCKID,

[/i]Then you still haven’t read or believed the Bible as His purpose or reason was to create woman for man as the scripture says, He made them male and female it was for this reason that a man shall be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. Whether you think it is robotic or not you can’t change what He created.
Marriage is the union of man and woman the two sexes as you can see in the Biblical testimony.

That came through disobedience, ‘did God really say?’ and such rebellion was the reason for Jesus Christ. One can be creative for God and one can be creative against God’s purposes, same sex unions are an example of the latter.

Then don't involve yourself in a same-sex union. I'm sure no one is twisting your arm.

As I said unless you can provide some scriptural evidence from both testaments that countenances same sex unions as I have done that exclude and condemn it you cant have the Christian position on this.

But I believe that I DO have the Christian position on this. I just don't have the 'bms position' of the Christian position on this. I can readily believe that Jesus would be fine with (a) one having a sexual orientation that was not 'ordered', and (b) one therefore choosing to commit themselves to a monogamous relationship with someone of like orientation to whom they are attracted. What makes you think that Jesus would be concerned that the 'letter of the law according to religious bigots' was not being adhered to? It wouldn't be the first time Jesus either ignored the self-righteous indignance of the Pharisees (no offense bms) or otherwise took them down a peg or two.

Christians following Jesus Christ live in freedom not the OT law (Romans 8), unlike those who keep asking about legal aspects of the law like yourself. Loving ones neighbour does not include sexual immorality it excludes it.

You really are a Bible-thumper, bms. Within a committed relationship why would homosexual sex be any more immoral than heterosexual sex? I mean, sex is sex, is it not? You seem to be hung up on the idea that if the pieces don't fit then the very same kind of sexual pleasure one might experience from homosexuality is somehow not possible and therefore taboo. Is it the 'pleasure' aspect of homosexual sex that bothers you so much? I think that perhaps your 'hang up' is more of a psychological nature than a scriptural one. You DO seem to have a rather unhealthy obsession, bms, with the sexual aspect of homosexuality. Would you like to talk to me about it? I do have a social science degree. ;)

Galatians 5:13 “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature ; rather, serve one another in love.
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you feel so strongly about the above then more power to you if you can avoid these apparent pitfalls and live a perfect life. The author of Galations couldn't do that, however. He lamented the fact that he does what he should not do and doesn't do what he should do ..."oh wretched man that I am," said Paul.

God does have the right as I have shown you from His Biblical testimony.

If God has the right to take away the freedom of one to choose and DOES SO then He's not a God but a puppeteer.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
Then don't involve yourself in a same-sex union. I'm sure no one is twisting your arm.
Well apart from the fact I wont, whether I do or not or anyone else does or doesn’t, it doesn’t change God’s purposes. God’s purposes remain the same whether people seek to follow them or not, it is God’s purposes I am referring to not any judgement about what people do.

But I believe that I DO have the Christian position on this. I just don't have the 'bms position' of the Christian position on this.
But I believe you don’t and have offered the reason why. If you think you have the Christian position provide some evidence.

I can readily believe that Jesus would be fine with (a) one having a sexual orientation that was not 'ordered', and (b) one therefore choosing to commit themselves to a monogamous relationship with someone of like orientation to whom they are attracted.
and I can see He isn’t. ( Gen 2, Matt 19, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6, 1 Tim 1, Romans 1)

What makes you think that Jesus would be concerned that the 'letter of the law according to religious bigots' was not being adhered to?
I can see His teaching to the NT writers was that He was concerned. What makes you disbelieve it?

How does that It wouldn't be the first time Jesus either ignored the self-righteous indignance of the Pharisees (no offense bms) or otherwise took them down a peg or two.
The Pharisees didn’t agree with Jesus that marriage should be a faithful union between man and woman, like the Pharisees neither do you.

You really are a Bible-thumper, bms.
If Bible thumping is what it takes to know the freedom from the law by the Spirit that’s good isn’t it? I think so. Though I would say you were the Bible thumper as you keep asking about the OT law.
Within a committed relationship why would homosexual sex be any more immoral than heterosexual sex?
Why ask me, I can see God’s word says it is. Are you trying to convince yourself?

If you feel so strongly about the above then more power to you if you can avoid these apparent pitfalls and live a perfect life. The author of Galations couldn't do that, however. He lamented the fact that he does what he should not do and doesn't do what he should do ..."oh wretched man that I am," said Paul.
You can see from Galatians 5 that implicit in our freedom is not indulging in sexual immorality including same sex unions. We love according to the Spirit and same sex unions are opposed to the Spirit.

If God has the right to take away the freedom of one to choose and DOES SO then He's not a God but a puppeteer.
Fine, then that sums up the god you are thinking about, the God I know is able to do all things and gives us freedom to choose His ways or our own.

Upvote 0