• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizophrenia Help

onebit

Dec 12, 2004
In Heaven
Visit site
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus can help. He helped me and I had been diagnosed with scitzophrenia. The symptoms are real and medication does help. I am now free and I give God all the glory! My experience is that it is a spirtural and physical battle. The dilusional thinking was caused by chemical imballances which is physical. I had speach problems. Neuro transmitters were not firing correctly. I even developed tremors. However the spiritual cannot be denied. When Jesus addressed physical ailments, some of the time he rebuked demon spirits. I didn't have knowledge of what I needed until I opened my bible up continually to David crying out for deliverance. I did not have faith that I could be healed until God gave me faith. So medication was God's hand of mercy. I had always known that my problem was by origin spiritual (demonic) because the devil would speak to me and pretend to be God. I was praying and trying to hear the Lord when this would happen. This did create problems. Thinking problems. Confusion. It began to disable my judgement of what was real and what was not - because I at times was fooled into beleiving I heard God. God also confirmed that this was happening when I met another Christian form Singapore who also had problems with demons pretending to be God. She was diagnosed as mad and delusional. What is attacked is your thoughts. This does cause many problems including deep depression. The meds helped the physical problems that came into being by spiritual principalities yet did not deal with the source of the problem. Then I was introduced to a brother in Christ who God used to deliver people from demons and heal people. He was a humble man that was led by the Holy Ghost very closely. Jesus said that when he goes that us believers would do greater works than He (In the gospel of John). Well this man has a gift of extraordinary faith and discernment. He will also let you know that the healer and deliverer is Jesus. When I told him what was happening, He asked the Father for grace to do His work and then grabbed my forehead like his hand was cranial forcepts. He then began to shake. Then power began to flow over me and I began to shake. I was literally lifted to my tippy toes. This sounds crazy but then he swung his fist at my abdomen and the power of God hit me! I never felt his fist. I was knocked off my feet into the air and landed in what felt like a pillow of feathers. The first thing I noticed was that my jaw and the rest of my body was not tense and strained. I then proceded out side to see if fear and confusion was present. Because many times symptoms would leave me when I went to church and return once I left. This time nothing returned. I have free speach and my thoughts are clear and I have no tremor in my arm. Jesus set me free! I also have learned that the word helps transform dilusional thoughts into truth. Proverbs says that we are delivered through knowledge. The new testiment says that Christ was made all wisdom and knowledge to us. The truth does set us free and we do have power to choose what we will think and to do battle against evil thoughts. I also recieved two words of wisdom while I was afflicted. One was to take every thought captive unto the obedience of Christ. The other was to gird the loins of my mind with truth. I would seek out discerning Christians who deal with demons and healing. Also know that deliverance is in God's timing. We have to what on Him. He wants all the glory! He also wants you to be free!!! Try these key words to find a web site of this man for further learning about deliverance: Faith Ministries International, Dave Duell, Denver Colorado. Also know that speaking in toungues also helps battle depression. God bless!

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
my love to you dear friend...any mental disorder can cause much struggle and pain....I have depression and anxiety....it is quite hard to deal with at times...keep striving through the struggle. I know you can keep going!

Upvote 0