• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Sorry if this dont make sense
We self injured last night husband was out the house at the time
am all fixed up No need to go to hospital as they will not do anything
we told our therapist about the DID / MPD
Unsure if she believed me told me to tell my Psych about it at the end of next month when i see him
i see my therapist at the beginning of next month
i cant tell her why i self injured So scared she will think am lying or something
my mother calls my mental health attention seeking and that i should get a job
the abuse is effecting me right now
i feel like i shouldn't be here anymore the only reason i am is my husband and my alters
with out them id kill myself a long time ago

Leslie B

Jun 27, 2015
✟8,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if this dont make sense
We self injured last night husband was out the house at the time
am all fixed up No need to go to hospital as they will not do anything
we told our therapist about the DID / MPD
Unsure if she believed me told me to tell my Psych about it at the end of next month when i see him
i see my therapist at the beginning of next month
i cant tell her why i self injured So scared she will think am lying or something
my mother calls my mental health attention seeking and that i should get a job
the abuse is effecting me right now
i feel like i shouldn't be here anymore the only reason i am is my husband and my alters
with out them id kill myself a long time ago

What are alters?

I encourage you to start seeking the Lord very earnestly. We honestly cannot help you but the Lord can. If you are having suicidal thoughts please go to the hospital.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Praying that the Lord will heal you, dear one. Please know that the Lord deeply loves you and wants only the best for you. Trust Him and in His love for you.

I do agree with Leslie B however, if you are having suicidal thoughts, please go to the hospital immediately and get help.

You are precious to the Lord. May He bless you and protect you and give you peace (Numbers 6:24-26) :)

Yours in Christ,
David

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
home is where the heart is <3
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alters are other personalities

Hi.... I believe you. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time right now. It's an especially difficult time for many abuse survivors. Take extra care. I'm here listening and praying for you. Sending lots of caring... and gentle hugs, if okay. ((( hugs )))

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Few seem to understand DID, even skilled mental health workers. Cutting is common, often due to specific conditioning by the abusers. When a part 'takes over' you don't even know what is happening. No amount of' will power' can help you with that.

John
NZ

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0