• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scared I swore on someone's life on a sin

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello I've been feeling so so so worried. I've been struggling with a certain sin and I feel like God even though I know it's not true is trying to make me swear on my family's life not to commit this sin again and I've had horrible intrusive thoughts were I feel like I've sweared and then I know I haven't. Well I woke up and I realised I didn't really do my sin and I always do it. Then I had a thought this is not accurate but I think I said in my head "wow I haven't thought about sin maybe I Swore on my brothers life or something" and then I had a thought saying that "I swore on his life not to do the sin" I have no idea why I did that maybe it's because I didn't do it before but I really really would never swear on his life I don't know if it was an unwanted thought or If it was from me but one of my biggest fears is swearing on someone's life for the sins I struggle with especially family. I know in my heart I would never in a million years swear on any of my family's life and I'm worried That God will harm him or let him be harmed beause I had a death thought as well saying something like "if you do it again he will die in this time blahahah" I know that was my thought but I'm afraid God will make it come true. By the way I didn't say that I swore on his life it was a thought I would never do such a thing with a sin I struggle with so I don't know why I had that thought. I've prayed in the past and said to God that "I will never swear on my family's life " when I thought I have because I thought I had before Please help me is my brother going to be harmed I know for fact I would never swear on someone's life regrading my sin and I'm so confused to why I did. I don't know if it was an unwanted thought or I just did by accident I know God knows my heart and I can assure you I DONT SWEAR ON HIS LIFE FOR THAT SIN. This morning I was in tears because I was so so so worried that something bad or might happen to him like him dying. I would never because I know that I will do it again and I don't know why I did in my thoughts. I'm really struggling with this sin and I would never swear to stop so I don't know why I thought it. Please help me someone I'm worried.

Reactions: brinny

LickedByaDog

Bewilderated
May 15, 2016
the wine cellar
✟16,449.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are assuming that God is some form of irrational blind force directed by your stray thoughts, other people have their own purpose that is known only to God, who is hardly going to harm anyone just because it arose as a thought in your mind.

Everyone has thoughts that appear in their heads seemingly form nowhere, you have to just let them go by like clouds in the sky, you can't stop them but you can decide not to react or go with them, it's not healthy to obsess on such things.

Is there some group activity you could get involved in that would take up your spare time & energy & lead your mind "outwards" to more constructive matters ?

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if you have read my other forums but I struggle with intrusive unwanted thoughts that's why I'm confused thinking if I thought the thought on purpose or it was a unwanted random thought. And the sin I'm struggling with I don't know if I can stop that's why I would swear on someone's life to stop. I'm just worried God is going punish my brother or let something horrible happen to him. @LickedByaDog i go CBT therapy once a week but haven't been a while.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure of the full spectrum of the issue here but FWIW, all sin starts with a thought, it has to, it's what we do with the thought, or how far it goes that can be a problem. In some cases, like lust/hate/covetousness, continuing the thought, just in itself could be a sin. In other cases, allowing the thought to turn into action could definitely be a sin if the action is a sin. If we cut the thought right away, I don't think it's a problem at all because that means we chose not to sin, and nothing more in Gods eyes. Even if we go on with some thoughts for hours days weeks whatever and end up making a right decision, no sin there either.

Those are just some personal thoughts on the matter, nothing really biblical or written in stone so take it for what it's worth, if it's worth anything at all.

Also, if you have a true disorder, and some things are out of control, just remember, our God is fair, he knows exactly what is going on with you, and what you can't help doing.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello I've been feeling so so so worried. I've been struggling with a certain sin and I feel like God even though I know it's not true is trying to make me swear on my family's life not to commit this sin again and I've had horrible intrusive thoughts were I feel like I've sweared and then I know I haven't. Well I woke up and I realised I didn't really do my sin and I always do it. Then I had a thought this is not accurate but I think I said in my head "wow I haven't thought about sin maybe I Swore on my brothers life or something" and then I had a thought saying that "I swore on his life not to do the sin" I have no idea why I did that maybe it's because I didn't do it before but I really really would never swear on his life I don't know if it was an unwanted thought or If it was from me but one of my biggest fears is swearing on someone's life for the sins I struggle with especially family. I know in my heart I would never in a million years swear on any of my family's life and I'm worried That God will harm him or let him be harmed beause I had a death thought as well saying something like "if you do it again he will die in this time blahahah" I know that was my thought but I'm afraid God will make it come true. By the way I didn't say that I swore on his life it was a thought I would never do such a thing with a sin I struggle with so I don't know why I had that thought. I've prayed in the past and said to God that "I will never swear on my family's life " when I thought I have because I thought I had before Please help me is my brother going to be harmed I know for fact I would never swear on someone's life regrading my sin and I'm so confused to why I did. I don't know if it was an unwanted thought or I just did by accident I know God knows my heart and I can assure you I DONT SWEAR ON HIS LIFE FOR THAT SIN. This morning I was in tears because I was so so so worried that something bad or might happen to him like him dying. I would never because I know that I will do it again and I don't know why I did in my thoughts. I'm really struggling with this sin and I would never swear to stop so I don't know why I thought it. Please help me someone I'm worried.

Sweetie, you need to speak to your doctor.

Nobody here is qualified to help you in the way you need.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Bless yer heart, you can be forgiven, precious. Praying for you, for healing, and that God pours out His inexplicable grace, His healing, and His peace onto and in you. Father, may it be so, in Jesus name. Remove all that is not you from this dear one and commence to healing all the hurting places, and grant this precious one Your peace, in His dear name, amen.

Reactions: Victoryismine
Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
:heart: Bless yer heart, you can be forgiven, precious. Praying for you, for healing, and that God pours out His inexplicable grace, His healing, and His peace onto and in you. Father, may it be so, in Jesus name. Remove all that is not you from this dear one and commence to healing all the hurting places, and grant this precious one Your peace, in His dear name, amen.
Amen

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Please respond @brinny @brinny is God going to harm my brother.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please respond @brinny @brinny is God going to harm my brother.

God will not harm your brother because of your thoughts...

as you bring all of this to God, in repentance, God will change what was meant for evil into blessing. What you can also do, is pray for the protection of your brother, and family, and yourself from all that would cause harm.

Praying for your brother, your family, and you too (((hug)))

Reactions: Victoryismine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm
Just worried because I had the thought swearing on his life not to commit that sin but I really really did not mean to and I've already committed the sin after that thought. It's something I struggle with a lot. I make no promises on anyone's life. I just don't want God to harm him if I continue with that sin. will he harm him if I continue with it ??@brinny @brinny

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm
Just worried because I had the thought swearing on his life not to commit that sin but I really really did not mean to and I've already committed the sin after that thought. It's something I struggle with a lot. I make no promises on anyone's life. I just don't want God to harm him if I continue with that sin. will he harm him if I continue with it ??@brinny @brinny

What do you mean by "swearing on his life"?

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i had a thought in my head swearing on his life not to commit the sin I struggle with but I didn't mean to. I think it was an unwanted thought but I'm
Not sure because I know in my heart that I would never swear on his life for anything. I've had thoughts swearing on people's life's not to do things before and it was unwanted thoughts and I prayed to God telling him that I don't swear on anyone's life especially my family's. Then I swore on his life in my thoughts not to commit the sin and I really really do not mean to I would never do that. I didn't say out loud it was just a thought but I'm scared gods going to let something horrible happen to him because I'm struggling with that sin and I've committed it after that thought already. I would never swear on his life because I love him and I'm scared something bad would happen to him because I'm struggling with that sin. Do you understand now? @brinny @brinny

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i had a thought in my head swearing on his life not to commit the sin I struggle with but I didn't mean to. I think it was an unwanted thought but I'm
Not sure because I know in my heart that I would never swear on his life for anything. I've had thoughts swearing on people's life's not to do things before and it was unwanted thoughts and I prayed to God telling him that I don't swear on anyone's life especially my family's. Then I swore on his life in my thoughts not to commit the sin and I really really do not mean to I would never do that. I didn't say out loud it was just a thought but I'm scared gods going to let something horrible happen to him because I'm struggling with that sin and I've committed it after that thought already. I would never swear on his life because I love him and I'm scared something bad would happen to him because I'm struggling with that sin. Do you understand now? @brinny @brinny

Do you mean wishing that he would die?

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
No no God forbid! I don't wish him to die I'm just scared because I had the thought promising on his life not to commit the sin and I have. I struggle with unwanted intrusive thoughts so I'm not sure if it was a thought on purpose or an unwanted thought . I'm scared now that gods going to kill him or something horrible happen to him because I broke the promise in my head I really did not mean to make. I know for fact that I would never swear on his life because I struggle with this sin so so much. But I'm unsure if it was an unwanted thought but please tell me is God going to let him die because I've committed the sin after the thought and I'm struggling with it @brinny

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Victory, I see you're pentecostal. I've spent a lot of time in pentecostal churches over the years and have discovered that most are rampant in witchcraft practices. Most of the leaders have no idea they're actually working withcraft, because the things they're doing have been done for decades and they just think that's how church is done.

But, being a part of such a system subjects you to all kinds of foul spiritual forces which will attack you continually, especially if people are trying to control you and your conduct in some manner. When they "pray" over you they unleash these foul forces and presume God is helping them "deal with you."

If you are an adult, and can take the time and find the space, it may be beneficial to withdraw from the influence of the church you're a part of. Simplify your walk with the Lord, don't worry about what others think, get in the word and get stabilized in God's truth. Most churches with this kind of problem bring tons of cloudiness, confusion, and spiritual attack and the flock is harassed and helpless like sheep without a Shepherd.

Check out this website, it explains what's happening in a lot of churches in greater detail and has some helpful, practical ideas about getting free from the bondage of manipulative ministries: www.becarefulhowyouhear.com

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear heart, the living God is the God of LIFE. He doesn't carry out evil deeds against those you may have slipped up and mentioned in a way that you were trying to avoid doing. Whenever you have these thoughts, TAKE THEM TO GOD. You can also keep a journal to "write your thoughts" to God, so to speak. In the mix of it, write DELIBERATELY and FREQUENTLY what you are thankful for (it counteracts negative, intrusive thoughts). When you do this more and more *express your thanks for what is good" His peace and His joy will be more evident in your heart, mind, and consequently your thoughts...

Praying, dear heart (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So gods not going to let something bad happen to my brother ? @brinny sorry for being annoying I just need assurance I have anxiety really bad anxiety. I'm a teen I still need to learn more about gods love because I feel like my mind portrays him as being vile and mean.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So gods not going to let something bad happen to my brother ? @brinny sorry for being annoying I just need assurance I have anxiety really bad anxiety. I'm a teen I still need to learn more about gods love because I feel like my mind portrays him as being vile and mean.

God is not vile and mean.

Did you know that He rejoices over you with singing? Did you know that He is a very present HELP in our times of trouble? Did you know that we can snuggle under His wing when we're anxious or worried? Did you know that He is a GOOD Shepherd, and that He PROTECTS and DEFENDS us.

Did you know that He LOVES you?

Upvote 0