Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Seems that many professional sports have scandals. Performance enhancement drugs are one of the main reasons. Look how cycling and athletics have been affected. Lance Armstrong. Marion Jones.
Australia is no different. We've had drug scandals in both rugby league and Australian Football.
Tiger Woods of golf received a lot of attention for sex scandals. Seems like his best days of golf are behind him.
Swimming attracted some scandal with Ryan Lochte this year.
Name a popular spectator sport that has been free of scandal.

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly, I think anything that involves a lot of people will inevitably have some sort of scandal associated with it. What you want to do is have an organizing body or something that is not complicit in the scandals and that deals with them in a fair even-handed way when they occur, and takes proactive steps to try to stop them from happening again.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How about Ultimate Frisbee? It's relatively new, but it's been a professional sport in US for the last 3 years (a friend of mine is a coach for NYC). I started playing in 1986 and it's how I met my wife. All of the Ultimate couples we know who both played Ultimate are still married.

And, there are no referees at any level of the game. The game is self-officiated by what we call the 'Spirit of the Game', which says that there's no replacement for the players respect for each other and that we make our own calls.

Here's a video for your viewing pleasure.

I played my last game of Ultimate at age 50 on Thanksgiving Day. I played over 4 decades of Ultimate. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not much of a sports fan anymore. I am rather disgusted with American sports actually.

I know. The whole culture has gotten so weird.

I'm still into women's soccer, but, thanks to Hope Solo, it's not scandal free.

• Haha
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0