Jul 7, 2012
USA
Visit site
✟7,805.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This YouTube video by Worship Mob is a beautiful, moving, and powerful combination of music, lyrics, and Scripture. The video reinforces that we can learn most of the important parts of Scripture from Christian music and lyrics. I personally find that music and lyrics touch me at a deeper personal level than I can get from reading the same words from Scripture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSmQdTJFIM

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i hadn't heard that before. that's a great song. youtube is a wonderful resource for Christian music.

music really speaks to my heart as well. your post about how sometimes the words in music conveys the message more powerfully than merely reading it, reminded me of this immensely beautiful song i was listening to this morning. as a matter of fact, i had the same thoughts about this song, "Now That I've Held Him In My Arms," as you mentioned while i was listening today. i had read of Simeon many times, but never did his story come alive and touch my heart as it did as portrayed in this song.

here are the verses from Luke chapter 2 regarding Simeon.

25And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

the song is from a while back, i believe either late 80s or early 90s, i didn't look it up to find out when, but i used to listen to it on the radio, and without the video, this song still touched me deeply when i heard it, but now, with the video, it's even more powerful. i hope you enjoy it.

and i hope someone else does too... we just need more activity on these boards. i wish more people would participate in threads on here. i am new to the 'music' area of CF, and it was disappointing to me to see how so many threads had zero responses, so i've been responding now and again to ones that i have something to contribute. thanks for posting.

God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7iNHdgOLk

Upvote 0