Saved by Grace + Christ's works (done in you) vs. Saved by Grace + evil works (being ignored)

Are We Saved by Grace + Christ's works? or Are We Saved by Grace + evil works (being ignored)?

• Saved by Grace + evil works (being ignored on some level).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I won't vote... This is a setup. There should have been an 'other' option.

Nobody is saying that you have to vote. But really, it's not a set up or a trap. You can just tell us right now what you believe. If you believe there is another option, then please explain how evil works (sin) and or good works (Christ directed works done in you) is linked with God's saving grace; Unless of course you are of the belief that no believer who lives out their faith will have no works (good or bad). If so, then please explain. For to say that works has no connection with God's saving grace is just silly (Because it would mean that one is in denial of the existence of works). One can either ignore these works or one can acknowledge them. The choice is yours. But regardless, a person is going to do some kind of works (Whether they be good or bad).

So if you believe present and future sin is automatically paid for, and no sin can separate you, then you are saved by Grace + evil works (i.e. sin). It is the equation.

If you believe sin can separate you from God if you do not repent of it, then you believe Option #1 whereby you are saved by Grace + good works (i.e. Christ directed works done in you).

Please take note that I am not saying you are saved by Man Directed Works here. Salvation is not Man Directed Works Alone Salvationism anymore than Salvation is Easy Believism or Belief Alone-ism. Salvation is Jesus Christ and abiding in Him. Salvation is Relationship-ism. For if a person abides in Christ, then good fruit and not bad fruit will be evident in one's life. It's why Paul says that we are to prove whether or not Christ is in us, unless we are reprobate (2 Corinthians 13:5). How can we have an assurance that we know Christ? 1 John 2:3-4 gives you that answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
this is philosophy for the sake of argument.
you do not even understand why man choose what he has chosen.

But life deals with "what if scenarios."; Especially the scenarios I mentioned. We know life has many possibilities and that man is not being forced against His will to be one way or the other. Scripture even says we are to choose this day in whom we will serve. Statements like these in Scripture would not make any sense if it was God force regenerating a person against their will before they are able to have faith in Christ.

Anyways, not dealing with the questions that I asked before, either means you do not know, or you are afraid to admit the flaws in your own belief system.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is saying that you have to vote. But really, it's not a set up or a trap. You can just tell us right now what you believe. If you believe there is another option, then please explain how evil works (sin) and or good works (Christ directed works done in you) is linked with God's saving grace; Unless of course you are of the belief that no believer who lives out their faith will have no works (good or bad). If so, then please explain. For to say that works has no connection with God's saving grace is just silly (Because it would mean that one is in denial of the existence of works). One can either ignore these works or one can acknowledge them. The choice is yours. But regardless, a person is going to do some kind of works (Whether they be good or bad).

So if you believe present and future sin is automatically paid for, and no sin can separate you, then you are saved by Grace + evil works (i.e. sin). It is the equation.

If you believe sin can separate you from God if you do not repent of it, then you believe Option #1 whereby you are saved by Grace + good works (i.e. Christ directed works done in you).

Please take note that I am not saying you are saved by Man Directed Works here. Salvation is not Man Directed Works Alone Salvationism anymore than Salvation is Easy Believism or Belief Alone-ism. Salvation is Jesus Christ and abiding in Him. Salvation is Relationship-ism. For if a person abides in Christ, then good fruit and not bad fruit will be evident in one's life. It's why Paul says that we are to prove whether or not Christ is in us, unless we are reprobate (2 Corinthians 13:5). How can we have an assurance that we know Christ? 1 John 2:3-4 gives you that answer.

Thanks for the details; it is details like these which would have made your opening post a lot clearer (at least to me). Given what I see here, I am definitely Option 1. Both faith and salvation are an ongoing process which requires man's ongoing and willful participation. I will go back and vote now.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
images