Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Saudi King Dismisses Flogging Sentence of Woman Involved in Sex-Talk Show - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
The journalist was charged with helping coordinate a talk show on a Lebanese channel featuring a Saudi man describing what appeared to be his active sex life. Though the charges against her were dropped, the judge ordered the flogging as a "deterent" al-Yami said.
No charges, but the judge can order a person to be whipped?

They need to get a grip on their judicial system. She had an interview with a man, and the man bragged about his sex life, even if she could have stopped him, it wasn't her place to try. ---oops, my mistake, she wasn't even involved in the interview, she just coordinated the talk show.--

Dang, I'm thinking even Oprah would be in for some lashes from this judge, and all the interviews she has done.

I am glad the King dismissed the lashes. I do believe she will be punished,
just not while in the spotlight, and not on these charges. She might be punished by those vigilante morality squads, or the judge might just find other reasons to flog her later on. The media(ie this reporter) challenged his power.

I do not support the morality crimes, nor the punishment of flogging, but at least only punish people that are linked directly to a crime.
Although, maybe all the daytime talk shows would get alot better if they faced flogging...:scratch:
"Womans fiance sleeps with the every person in town, and he is going to tell her today, live, on the _______show." and to make it even better we provided an open bar hours before they are to go on. Don't miss it.

Last edited:

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So you can't say he was right, this time?
Or are you saying she should have been flogged?

I only know what I read.
I don't even attempt to take sides anymore, because I have no reliable information. MSM covers one side, and the other side says its untrue, and vice versa.

So, I will return to topic, and see what your answers are to the above questions.

Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
So you can't say he was right, this time?
Or are you saying she should have been flogged?

I only know what I read.

You can say he was right and agree with the decision but that is the point of the article. People only know what they read and when 80% of the population only read corporate news outlets the information is often trivial or completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0