MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wasn't George Washington a Freemason? Dun dun dun!

perhaps.....many politicians were/are. But it's not right for a Christian to be involved in freemasonry, because it's a religion of its own, which denies Christ. Maybe when a person first joins it doesn't seem that way, but as you advance, it becomes more and more evident. At least...that's what I've read from every single source on the subject.

Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Baptists don't have "priests", and of SB pastors, I seriously doubt that anything like half of them are masons.

Of the pastors I've known who I knew to be masons, apart from their doctrine (I'm not a Baptist) they were pretty decent folks. Then again, I've known a couple of non-mason Baptist preachers who were grubworms who specialized in fleecing the flock, but their problem was the usual - sinful self-seeking.

Well, I reckon that settles it, then. War's over, Satan won. I'd have thought God would make a better showing than that, Him being the Creator of the universe and all, and Satan being one of His creations. But if your boy has documented how Christianity has been "destroyed", then I reckon the jig is up.

Gotta watch them druids, no doubt. Turn your back on 'em and next thing you know they'll be hanging mistletoe over your church door and sacrificing polecats in the choir room.

Satanists my... foot. I'll tell you how "Satan gets in the Church". He does it through us, you and me. Every time we act like the sinful, self-centered, self-important, self-promoting, ego-maniacs that our natural inclinations cause us to be, then we are the "satanists". We have met the enemy, and he is us. You can put away the garlic and the sharpened dowels, you won't be needing them. You can see the devil's servant every time you look in the mirror.

Any time we create dissension in the church, we've done the devil's work. Every time we grumble and gripe and find fault with out brethren rather than trying to set things right ourselves, we've become Satan's minions. When we gossip and backbite and intrigue against our brothers and sisters, then we've become Old Nick's packhorses.

Bother a bunch of "Satanists". What use could Lucifer get out of them that he can't as easily get from us by just leaving us to our natural inclinations?
He doesn't have to lift a finger to tear up a congregation,we'll do it for him. Just give us a few years and the normal complement of jealousy, spite, pettiness, and ill-will, and and down it all comes like the walls of Jericho.

Devil hunting is great fun, right up there with worrying about other people's sins. And who knows, there may actually be some Satanists out there somewhere. But as long as Satan can keep you chasing elusive devil-worshippers and ignoring the real problem, then he has it made in the shade.

(And just a reminder, the Gates of Hell will NOT prevail against the Church. Know it or not, the game is already over, and Satan lost - big time. Nick can no more "destroy the Church" than he can hurl God from His throne. Just thought it needed saying,)

I said fifty per cent of Southern baptist were freemasons and you doubted, yet gave no figure.

is it 5 per cent, 10 per cent or 40 per cent.

You are filghting against sense and reality.

I am going to call on William T Still.

people have spoken about the takeover of Freemasonry of Southern baptists.

YouTube - ‪William Still on Infiltration of Freemasonry‬‎

You have to love these forums, people just argue on gut feelings.

guess what? your gut feelings are lying to you.

Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Baptists don't have "priests", and of SB pastors, I seriously doubt that anything like half of them are masons.

Of the pastors I've known who I knew to be masons, apart from their doctrine (I'm not a Baptist) they were pretty decent folks. Then again, I've known a couple of non-mason Baptist preachers who were grubworms who specialized in fleecing the flock, but their problem was the usual - sinful self-seeking.

Well, I reckon that settles it, then. War's over, Satan won. I'd have thought God would make a better showing than that, Him being the Creator of the universe and all, and Satan being one of His creations. But if your boy has documented how Christianity has been "destroyed", then I reckon the jig is up.

Gotta watch them druids, no doubt. Turn your back on 'em and next thing you know they'll be hanging mistletoe over your church door and sacrificing polecats in the choir room.

Satanists my... foot. I'll tell you how "Satan gets in the Church". He does it through us, you and me. Every time we act like the sinful, self-centered, self-important, self-promoting, ego-maniacs that our natural inclinations cause us to be, then we are the "satanists". We have met the enemy, and he is us. You can put away the garlic and the sharpened dowels, you won't be needing them. You can see the devil's servant every time you look in the mirror.

Any time we create dissension in the church, we've done the devil's work. Every time we grumble and gripe and find fault with out brethren rather than trying to set things right ourselves, we've become Satan's minions. When we gossip and backbite and intrigue against our brothers and sisters, then we've become Old Nick's packhorses.

Bother a bunch of "Satanists". What use could Lucifer get out of them that he can't as easily get from us by just leaving us to our natural inclinations?
He doesn't have to lift a finger to tear up a congregation,we'll do it for him. Just give us a few years and the normal complement of jealousy, spite, pettiness, and ill-will, and and down it all comes like the walls of Jericho.

Devil hunting is great fun, right up there with worrying about other people's sins. And who knows, there may actually be some Satanists out there somewhere. But as long as Satan can keep you chasing elusive devil-worshippers and ignoring the real problem, then he has it made in the shade.

(And just a reminder, the Gates of Hell will NOT prevail against the Church. Know it or not, the game is already over, and Satan lost - big time. Nick can no more "destroy the Church" than he can hurl God from His throne. Just thought it needed saying,)

You are living in dreamsville,

Jim Shaw when he was inducted in the 33 degree freemasonry met, Billy graham at the ceremony.

You are talking like a wise guy who have figured out hoe to outsmart Lucifer.

Lucifer has a kingdom and agents in the pulpits, preaching today!

You are reading the bible without understanding, you are misquoting those scriptures.

You are one of the reasons why the church will worshilp the antichrist.

You are saying that the church will not be touched by satan, have you read the book of revelations and the seven churches of Asia?

You are too simplistic, donot underestimate Lucifer- so if everything is taken care off.

Why did Jesus say be wise as serpents and as gentle as doves.

I apologise if you have recently come to christianity, but the church has fallen away.

The head of the church of England is a practising Druid. So go take the mickey out of him,like you are mocking us.

How dare you?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*
You are living in dreamsville,
:D
I feel that way everytime I log onto GT :p

funny-pictures-guinea-pig-has-strange-dreams.jpg

Upvote 0

Some Other Guy

Jul 15, 2010
✟637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lately, I've been reading more and more accounts of satanic infiltration in all types of christian churches, baptist, catholic, and everything else.

People need to be on guard, be aware. Don't trust people just because they go to your church!

I have read several very personal accounts of victims of these satanic rituals that are preformed by church members in the basements and hidden rooms in christian churches.

Please, never trust your children to just anyone! Satan is infiltrating our communities, be on guard at all times.

Satanic Infiltration Of Fundamentalist 'Christian' Churches

Satanists, Freemasons Infiltrate Christian Churches | FaithDirt

WITCHCRAFT IN THE CHURCH A message about the infiltration of witchcraft into churches and how to be delivered from its causes. Believersweb.org

Yeah, these urban legends were huge back in the late 80's-early 90's.

Upvote 0

Some Other Guy

Jul 15, 2010
✟637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is sad.
But we are warned in the bible of things like this.

I'm struggling to find that verse. On the other hand, I do know the passage where we're warned to be wise as serpents, which would include not falling for silly internet urban legends, and another that says that we're to have nothing to do with rumor mongering and gossip.

If only churches would follow the Biblical criteria for accepting someone for church membership, rather than letting every Tom, Dick, and Harry in, it wouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm struggling to find that verse. On the other hand, I do know the passage where we're warned to be wise as serpents, which would include not falling for silly internet urban legends, and another that says that we're to have nothing to do with rumor mongering and gossip.

If only churches would follow the Biblical criteria for accepting someone for church membership, rather than letting every Tom, Dick, and Harry in, it wouldn't be an issue.
Be wise as them but do not let them strike ye :thumbsup:

Matthew 10:16 "behold, I do send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves, be ye therefore wise as the serpents, and simple as the doves.

Matt 23:33 "Serpents, generation/breed of Vipers! How may ye may be fleeing from the judging of the geennhV"

Revelation 12:14 And were given to the woman the two wings of the eagle, the great, that she may be flying into the wilderness into the place of her where she is being nourished there season, seasons and half equal season from face of the Serpent.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You dont know very much about the very order you associate with. I suggest you do some HEAVY research into Freemasonry.

Really? One of my relatives happens to be a 33rd Degree mason. Two of my relatives (now deceased) were also 33rd Degree masons. I hope to one day reach that level. I have never seen a mason doing anything that would amount to anything remotely what is being discussed here. There is no "new world order" or "masonic take over of the country". The last "masonic" president was Gerald R. Ford. He was a really good guy, and I doubt he was up to any "church infiltrating" ..lol.
Lets see, Ford left office in 1977, this is 2010, that means their has not been a mason in the White House in 33 years! Guess who has he honor of being the last United States Vice President who was a Freemason? That honor goes to Gerald R. Ford also. He left the office of Vice President in 1974, thus it has been 36 years since a mason was Vice President of the United States. There are NO MASONS currently serving on the United States Supreme Court. The last Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court who was also a Mason was Earl Warren. Earl Warren left the court in 1969, that means it has been 41 years since a Mason was Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court. The last Mason to serve as a member of the United States Supreme Court was Thurgood Marshall (he was I think a Prince Hall Mason but I may be incorrect). Thurgood Marshall left the court in 1991, thus no Mason has served as member of the United States Supreme Court for 19 years! I am unsure about exactly how many masons are in congress but since 17 are women and I think 15 of the male members of Congress are Roman Catholic (total of 17 + 15 = 32). Thus it is Highly unlikely that the majority are Masons unless nearly everyone of the remaining 68 was a Mason and I can assure they are not. A similar picture emerges in the United States House of Representatives, the vast majority are NOT masons. So given all of this how do you suppose we are taking over or running some sort of "new world order"? By the way neither George H. W. Bush nor George W. Bush were masons so the whole "New World Order" thing is poppycock!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Some Other Guy

Jul 15, 2010
✟637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
55429313]Really? One of my relatives happens to be a 33rd Degree mason. Two of my relatives (now deceased) were also 33rd Degree masons.
[/COLOR]

As was my grandfather. Wonderful man. However, his membership in that organization would have disqualified him from membership in our church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[/color]

As was my grandfather. Wonderful man. However, his membership in that organization would have disqualified him from membership in our church.

How so? I know of several Southern Baptist who are member of the Lodge. I even know of a minister or two. What reasoning is there for such discrimination? Do you think we are having blood rituals or something like that? While all rituals are secret in nature, I will tell you they are not "satanic" and there is nothing going on there that would be a problem except in the mind of someone who simply wanted to read something into it.

Upvote 0

Some Other Guy

Jul 15, 2010
✟637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
max1120 said:

In order to be a Mason, he has to affirm beliefs that contradict the beliefs he would have to affirm in order to be a member of our church.

I know of several Southern Baptist who are member of the Lodge. I even know of a minister or two.

Yes, it's a terrible problem within the SBC.

What reasoning is there for such discrimination?

The Bible often calls us to discriminate. There are many criteria involved in church membership that one could call "discriminatory".

Do you think we are having blood rituals or something like that?

Not at all. It's just the doctrines one is required to affirm to be a Mason (and before you tell me I'm wrong, I have all of my grandfather's materials from the Masons).

While all rituals are secret in nature, I will tell you they are not "satanic" and there is nothing going on there that would be a problem except in the mind of someone who simply wanted to read something into it.

Really? So then Masonry doesn't teach Universalism?

When worshipping the "Great Architecht of the Universe", do Masons make any distinction between the gods of the varying religions among members, or do they believe that they all belong to one god?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I said fifty per cent of Southern baptist were freemasons and you doubted, yet gave no figure.
And you gave a figure pulled out of thin air. Which is better?

You are filghting against sense and reality.
No, I'm fighting against superstition and tilting at windmills. The problem in the Church is sin. Your sin, my sin, and everyone else's. Trying to blame some nonexistent cabal of Satanists or Freemasons or what have you for the results of our own sinful behavior is ridiculous, and wildly counter-productive.

people have spoken about the takeover of Freemasonry of Southern baptists.
I'm sure they have. They also talked about aliens and reptilians and a zillion other equally silly things. The problem with the Church isn't with outside agents provocateurs, diabolical or otherwise. It's with sin. Always has been.

guess what? your gut feelings are lying to you.
So you say. I say that your conspiracy buffs are lying to you, or propagating lies they've been told by others and hadn't sense enough to question.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are living in dreamsville
Nope, just in boring old reality.

Jim Shaw when he was inducted in the 33 degree freemasonry met, Billy graham at the ceremony.
Anybody else there we need to know about? Elvis perhaps? The Pope? Barak Obama?

You are talking like a wise guy who have figured out hoe to outsmart Lucifer.
I didn't have to figure it out, our Lord told us how. If we resist Old Nick as our Savior showed us, he will flee from us. That works for me.

lucifer has a kingdom and agents in the pulpits, preaching today!
Yep. They're called sinners, reprobates, and liars. They're not just in the pulpits, either. There are plenty of them in the pews as well. They're us, behaving like our sinful natures would have us behave. Let's face it, we don't need Satan's help to sin. We're altogether keen to do it on our own.

You are reading the bible without understanding
Oh, is this where the famous catch-all "what that really means is..." tactic somes into play? Oh yeah, the Bible doesn't exactly say what your doctrine says, but what it really means is (insert favorite bit of doctrinal blatherskite here). Yep, that's a good 'un. You couldn't build even the simplest heresy without it. And if someone doesn't buy your notion that when the Bible says right it really means left, then you simply say they they lack understanding, and that they aren't "rightly dividing the Word".

you are one of the reasons why the church will worshilp the antichrist.
Nope, ain't gonna happen. You believe it's possible to to deceive the very elect?

You are saying that the church will not be touched by satan
Nope, never said that. Our Lord said that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church. You reckon He got it wrong?

You are too simplistic, donot underestimate Lucifer- so if everything is taken care off.
I don't buy your dualistic "negative god" version of Lucifer. Satan is one of God's creations,and hence just as absolutely under God's control as anyone or anything else. He can do what God gives him leave to do, and not a subatomic particle more. You saw how our Lord dealt with Nick when Nick tried to tempt Him.You saw our Lord send Satan's spooks packing with a word. St. Paul says that if we put on the armor of God we'll stand in the evil day, and St. James say that if we resist the devil he'll flee from us. So maybe I understand Lucifer better than you do. My info comes from Scripture rather than the fevered imaginings of people who, for some reason, believe that God is warring against the devil and that the issue is in doubt.

I apologise if you have recently come to christianity, but the church has fallen away.
The Church was falling away in Biblical times. Remember, St. John's revelation wasn't simply talking to people thousands of years in the future. The church at Laodicea was real, and our Lord was addressing them directly through St. John. You'll note that He didn't harangue them about going devil hunting or fearing Lucifer. He told 'em to straighten up. That is the point.

The head of the church of England is a practising Druid.
Well no, he isn't a "practising druid". He's a member of the Welsh Gorsedd of Bards, which is about as "druid" as the Rotary Club. Zat the best you can do?

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[/color]

In order to be a Mason, he has to affirm beliefs that contradict the beliefs he would have to affirm in order to be a member of our church.

Yes, it's a terrible problem within the SBC.

The Bible often calls us to discriminate. There are many criteria involved in church membership that one could call "discriminatory".

Not at all. It's just the doctrines one is required to affirm to be a Mason (and before you tell me I'm wrong, I have all of my grandfather's materials from the Masons).

Really? So then Masonry doesn't teach Universalism?

When worshipping the "Great Architecht of the Universe", do Masons make any distinction between the gods of the varying religions among members, or do they believe that they all belong to one god?

No worship of any one occurs in freemasonry. Again I have known men of each degree and they are not worshiping the devil..lol No man who is an admitted atheist is admitted. We do not subscribe to a particular religious doctrine as we are not a religious organization any more than the Optimist or the local PTA. All we require is that they are not a atheist. In every Lodge their are Protestants of every denomination and Jewish members as well. The Lutheran, Baptist, Jew, and Anglican all sit together as brothers. We do not fix any religious test for membership outside of a belief in a higher power. This is so that all men will enter. Since we are not creating a religion their is no need for such distinctions between us. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you gave a figure pulled out of thin air. Which is better?

No, I'm fighting against superstition and tilting at windmills. The problem in the Church is sin. Your sin, my sin, and everyone else's. Trying to blame some nonexistent cabal of Satanists or Freemasons or what have you for the results of our own sinful behavior is ridiculous, and wildly counter-productive.

I'm sure they have. They also talked about aliens and reptilians and a zillion other equally silly things. The problem with the Church isn't with outside agents provocateurs, diabolical or otherwise. It's with sin. Always has been.

So you say. I say that your conspiracy buffs are lying to you, or propagating lies they've been told by others and hadn't sense enough to question.

You are a freemason!

Did you not see the video I posted of William Still?

You say the figure I produced is wrong, yet you do not say what the real figure is.

Only a mason would have an interest in defending the diabolicalism in the Southern Baptist.

I can smell a mason from a mile off, you are one!

Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JIPSAH you said I plucked figures out of the air,

I repeat thehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1UquRHJwk&feature=player_embedded evidence.

is your video player working?

Plus why are you obscuring what is being said, you talk about sinners when we are talking about gnostics and luciferians infiltration of the church.

You definitely have something to hide!

Who talked about Aliens?!!!

You want to mock us, why.

because you are a member of the lodge.

Upvote 0

Some Other Guy

Jul 15, 2010
✟637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
max1120 said:
No worship of any one occurs in freemasonry.

Yes, Freemasons do have a little god whom they refer to as the "Great Architect of the Universe".

Again I have known men of each degree and they are not worshiping the devil.

And, as I pointed out to you before, this is a strawman, as no one here has claimed that Masons worship the Devil.

No man who is an admitted atheist is admitted. We do not subscribe to a particular religious doctrine

Of course Masons do. They have numerous beliefs and doctrines concerning the Great Architect.

as we are not a religious organization any more than the Optimist or the local PTA.

Except that the Optimists and the PTA haven't created a god.

In every Lodge their are Protestants of every denomination and Jewish members as well. The Lutheran, Baptist, Jew, and Anglican all sit together as brothers. We do not fix any religious test for membership outside of a belief in a higher power.

Really? You require a belief in a "higher power", that you claim to be a god? I thought you just said you're not a religious organization. I thought you just said that you have no codified doctrinal beliefs. Which is it?

This is so that all men will enter. Since we are not creating a religion their is no need for such distinctions between us. :thumbsup:

You say that you're not "creating a religion" so let me ask you this:

As a part of the 33 Degree initiation ceremony, the initiate is required to repeat the words, "We meet this day to commemorate the death of our 'Most Wise and Perfect Master,' not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide, but as at least the greatest of the apostles of mankind.""

Who is the "most wise and perfect master" referred to here?

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[/color]

Yes, Freemasons do have a little god whom they refer to as the "Great Architect of the Universe".

There is no worship incorporated in our rituals of any god, small or large..lol

And, as I pointed out to you before, this is a strawman, as no one here has claimed that Masons worship the Devil.

Oh quite contrare they say it all the time no matter how false it is they say it...lol

Of course Masons do. They have numerous beliefs and doctrines concerning the Great Architect.

Except that the Optimists and the PTA haven't created a god.

Nor does the Lodge.

Really? You require a belief in a "higher power", that you claim to be a god? I thought you just said you're not a religious organization. I thought you just said that you have no codified doctrinal beliefs. Which is it?

That is why we require that they not be atheist. A belief in god is not a religion. We create no religous test.

You say that you're not "creating a religion" so let me ask you this:

As a part of the 33 Degree initiation ceremony, the initiate is required to repeat the words, "We meet this day to commemorate the death of our 'Most Wise and Perfect Master,' not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide, but as at least the greatest of the apostles of mankind.""

Who is the "most wise and perfect master" referred to here?

First of all there is no way you are priviy to the 33rd degree ritual. I will tell you that in no way does the canidate for iniation into the 33rd degree make reference to any god as you put it.

Upvote 0