Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Peace,

All secular music I see as evil.
Even some Christian bands I catch them speaking evil. I don't want to pass judgement on others, but we should and can recognize a tree by its fruit.

This list shouldn't only be only metal/rock. Why not every genre that has lyrical content? But, why make a list when discernment is easy like breathing to a Christian.

... People need to grow up, stop trying to dictate what is and isn't right for others walks with God and start focusing on spreading Christ and the Gospel.

I had another realization how hypocritical I can be.

I agree with this, but at the same time its good to have a sincere concern for anyone. When a brother or sister of ares who exposes evil he should be commended, and maybe recommended to a better, similar path.

Peace and grace be to you all.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
People need to grow up, stop trying to dictate what is and isn't right for others walks with God and start focusing on spreading Christ and the Gospel.

YES! THIS! EXACTLY THIS!

While I hate metal, I don't think it's 'evil'. On the subject on Manson, (s)he does so many things for shock factor, if it gets him/her money, then (s)he'll do it. Just like with Lady GaGa. Welcome to Hollywood, USA, where people will do anything for money. Though, I did hear that he claimed to be the anti-Christ at some point but I don't know if that's legit or not.

If you think something is Satanic, then pray for them, don't go around making lists and telling others that they shouldn't listen to it.

Upvote 0
S

someguy14

I think in general people seem to think heavy rock/heavey metal is satanic. Instead of looking at the music and seeing its not! Sure maybe alot of songs aren't the best for christians, but it doens't mean they are satanic. I listen to alot of the artists from the Guitar Hero games, doens't mean I love satan.

Combinations of sounds are just that, sounds. The intents of men/women singing and playing though, God is the judge.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'd really appreciate a list like this... but I do need a short sentence on why they are on the list.

What I'd also like is a list of the satanic/evil leaning television programs. It appears we have more and more and more of the ghost hunter, spell casting, and dark side programs as time goes on and as more cable channels are added.

I absolutely love Ghost Hunters!

Upvote 0

Ice Queen

The Curious One
Apr 2, 2014
Oklahoma, U.S.A
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I wouldn't call Arch Enemy Satanic, just merely Atheist, or so they say. As far as I have read, their lyrics are more Anarchist than anti-God/religion, but I'll have to look up further on that.

The former lead singer of AE, Angela Gossow, was actually raised in an Orthodox Cristian family. Things changed drastically, though, after her parents divorced and they lost the family business. As a result, she became Anorexic and Bulimic and, so it appears, lost faith in God. Speaking from personal experience (in terms with my brother), even though she says she's Atheist and believes that there is no God, deep down I think she still believes. Subconsciously, she could just be trying to convince herself there is no ruling Deity. Either way, I pray for her.

By the way, that woman can growl!

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟7,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Actually M Shadow of A7F states outright they are NOT a Christian band.

Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows: The Current Q & A

Speaking of God

(interrupting) Absolutely not. I don’t believe in those things. (laughs) I try not to get into that because a lot of our fans are Christians and a lot aren’t. I have my own beliefs, but I don’t believe in any kind of religion that we have nowadays. But we’re definitely not a Christian band.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟7,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of God

(interrupting) Absolutely not. I don’t believe in those things. (laughs) I try not to get into that because a lot of our fans are Christians and a lot aren’t. I have my own beliefs, but I don’t believe in any kind of religion that we have nowadays. But we’re definitely not a Christian band.

see what you think.

Upvote 0