1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Satanic bands

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by slockmn, Jan 10, 2012.

1. slockmn

slockmn Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I'm just compiling a list of satanic and specifically anti-Christian bands for everyone to avoid. Ones with a question mark (?) are likely to be satanic but it hasn't been proven. Feel free to sugest bands. I'll put them on the list.
    Acheron
    Angelcorpse
    Arch Enemy
    Archgoat
    Avenged Sevenfold (?)
    Beherit
    Bad Religion (?)
    Behemoth (?)
    Burzum
    Bullet for my Valentine (?)
    Cradle of Filth
    Cannibal Corpse (?)
    Slayer (?)
    Dissection
    Gorgoroth
    Dark Funeral
    Deicide
    Dimmu borgir
    Mayhem
    Ozzy Osborne (?)
    Hellhammer

Stay away!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

That's the battle friend.
    Good versus evil.
    There is no other.
    All good intents are from God alone.
    All wicked intents are from the devil.
    That is the battle we confront.
    A warrior. Friend by my side. May God bless friend.

3. MasterpieceMesias

MasterpieceMesias King of Stoic Cynicism

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    :doh::doh::doh:
    why?? what's the point?? I really hate it when people do this, your battle is pointless.
    Cannibal Corpse, Ozzy Osborne, Arch Enemy and (lool) Avenged Sevenfold are on your list?? That's completely asinine and ridiculous because those bands are clearly not anti-Christian. Why don't you go read some lyrics instead??
    How about instead of telling people what to stay away from and what to do just leave us be, you aren't helping anyone nor are you preventing anything you're just being annoying.
    I listen to a lot of those bands on your list and they've done nothing harmful at all. People listen to the music they like, some folks like extreme metal some enjoy contemporary Christian music. Why don't you try something more useful like giving encouraging words or telling people about Christ's sacrifice, heck even go debate on the theology forum but don't go around telling people what to and what not to listen to because that's quite irritating. In fact it's extremely irritating. I'm sure there are a few other Christian metalheads here as well so please don't get me started.
    just leave it alone, it'd be nice if the mods just went ahead and locked the thread altogether. Would that be too much to ask??

4. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

Discipline is noble. Eschew that which is evil and cleave to that which is good.
    Gods love will prevail.

5. Autumnleaf

Autumnleaf Legend

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Charismatic
    Good point. Don't forget to put Genesis in there. I've always thought Phil Collins wasn't quite right.

6. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

"There is no greater love..." :)

7. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I think in general people seem to think heavy rock/heavey metal is satanic. Instead of looking at the music and seeing its not! Sure maybe alot of songs aren't the best for christians, but it doens't mean they are satanic. I listen to alot of the artists from the Guitar Hero games, doens't mean I love satan.

8. MasterpieceMesias

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    no kidding, is it my turn to say the obvious and recycle the same overused sayings??

oh here's one. . . this thread sucks

9. powerpoint

powerpoint Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I know nothing about Metal, but as someone who listens to mainly rap music, I can kind of identify where your coming from in a Christian context. A lot of the same accusations get levelled at my favourite groups and its insane.

In the part I put in bold you've summed up, far better than I ever could, my problem with this sort of mentalist legalism. People need to grow up, stop trying to dictate what is and isn't right for others walks with God and start focusing on spreading Christ and the Gospel.

10. Jaws13

Jaws13 Urban Nomad. Literally.

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    What gives you the right to label people satanic?

11. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I don't see the point in compiling a list, since new bands start, and people can always repent. Besides, such lists are commonly inflated by people who take mere rumors as facts, and who think playing a certain style of music automatically makes them "satantic."

12. slockmn

slockmn Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian

Okay, let's list some lyrics to a few songs shall we?

Satan My Master: Dimmu Borgir

Uuuuggghh alright
    Satan, my master
    I slit my wrists to drain me of my blood
    Satan, my master
    Upside down I turn the cross of God
    Satan, my master
    Recieve this sacrifice this blood of mine
    Satan, my master
    I carve into my rotten flesh your signs
    Satan, my master
    Remember me when judgement day is near
    Satan, my master
    Take my hand when Armageddon's here

Matt Tuck of bullet for my valintine has been photographed wearing the infamous, "Jesus is a c*nt shirt.

Varg Vikernes of Burzum burnt down three historical chuches and murderd the guitarest for another band, Mayhem.

Nergal of Beamoth was filmed on state ripping up a bible and screaming, "F*ck God and F*ck Jesus Christ"

How about some more lyrics? Here's Avenged Sevenfolds lyrics to the song, God hates us.

Total Nightmare!
    Total Nightmare!

You wanna hear my side?
    You need to drown to know
    With all the times,
    it hurt me to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] you,
    I built a wall with your blood to show!

God Save Us!
    God Save Us All!
    God Hates Us!
    God Hates Us All!
    Total Nightmare!
    Total Nightmare!

Nothing to heal
    no one to break
    Pills had a role now there's nothing to take
    Nothing to trust
    No one to fake!
    You'll find out sooner that it's best if we just know our place!

My infiltrated mind!
    My lacerated soul
    It took me years, create me, control you
    I left myself for an idea I stole!

God Save Us!
    God Save Us All!
    God Hates Us!
    God Hates Us All!
    Total Nightmare!
    Total Nightmare!

Liar Rape kill, Love Hate Fear

You better take your time
    You better take it slow
    Cuz when you seek the one
    There's Nothing left to show

Total Nightmare!
    Total Nightmare

Crowley from Acheron was made a priest of the Church of Satan.

I could go on all day about these bands but I'm not.

And, MasterpieceMesias, I love metal. I listen to Alestorm, Disturbed, DragonForce, Iron Maidnen, Metallica, Kill Switch Engage and countless others. But I hate how some metal perverts the overall genre of metal with it's Satanism and non-christian antics.

13. MasterpieceMesias

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    you do realize that a lot of stuff is done simply for shock factor to p!ss people off and that a lot of those guys aren't even satanists at all in reality.
    Many black metal bands don't even write about satanism. And I didn't say Dimmu Borgir wasn't satanic. I also never said a thing about Behemoth, Burzum or Acheron. In actuality I was talking about the bands I was talking about loolz. think you've twisted my words.
    And so what, Matt Tuck was wearing a shirt?? Does that make him a satanist?? Nope, not even. As much as I hate the entire metalcore genre and BFMV is no exception, I have to say their lyrics are not satanic at all and are better than a lot of other metalcore bands I've cringed at in the past. Wearing a shirt does not suddenly change lyrics and band images into satanic ones.

14. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Well I guess I'll have to go buy all this music so I can verify it vs just trusting some random poster to tell me what to do.

15. slockmn

slockmn Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. With all the pop, rap, hip hop and R'n'B that's so popular these days us metal heads are a dying bread. We should stick together and not squabble over petty things such as this. It's mostly Black Metal really that's Satanic anyway. Everyone just has to be careful about the sort of music they listen to and follow.

And I have to agree with you when it comes to Metalcore. The most metal core I go is KSE and that's not really metal core at all.

16. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    I'd really appreciate a list like this... but I do need a short sentence on why they are on the list.

What I'd also like is a list of the satanic/evil leaning television programs. It appears we have more and more and more of the ghost hunter, spell casting, and dark side programs as time goes on and as more cable channels are added.

17. MasterpieceMesias

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    lol do you listen to metal?? if so do you listen to extreme metal?? if so then you'd know that some of those bands are vehemently anti-God. It's quite ridiculous. Of course I'm also not ashamed to admit that I do listen to some of the bands on the list. . . well, that is, the milder ones.

lists like this are annoying. While the poster himself may not be as annoying as originally thought (apologies) I really would prefer not to have some guy telling me what not and what to stay away from and listen to. What I listen to really is between me and my spiritual relationship with God.

18. znr

znr Report THIS. Supporter

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    I find lists like this annoying because they're mostly negative. They don't draw me toward your cause, even if you could prove any one of these bands are satanic.

19. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I recently played the song "Devil Went Down To Georgia" (listen below). Does this mean the guy that wrote it is satanic? Does it mean I am a sinner? No. It just means he wrote a song and I liked his song. The song is somewhat comical and silly. Now...if the song was like a gospel song (well except devil version) where the people love the devil and stuff, I may not listen to it. Still, its just words.
    Devil Went Down to Georgia (Guitar Hero 3 Version) - YouTube

Also look at Marylin Manson. My parents told me to avoid him growing up. But I heard a few of his songs and really liked them! Suposedly my dad said he was a satan worhsipper. But it turns out hes not, he believes in god. His view is a little messed up though. People judge by what they see instead of reading about someone. As Lady GaGa says, Manson "Performs this way". Its not really him, its just for the effect. On a side note I hate Lady Gaga. >.<

20. vespasia

vespasia Post LHP. Franciscan. Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Anglican
    Marilyn - bless him he always makes me think he needs a good meal - certainly is a member of the Church of Satan and I do not mean the outer membership that comes free to anyone who makes a purchase of any of their merchandise.

That makes him an atheistic satanist who beleives in himself who ran that way after nice cristians gave him hell growing up.