Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your passages from 1Peter are saying to be aware of temptation and not possession.

It doesn't specify anything so it could be temptation or it could be possession or any number of other bad things. The point is Christians do not have this magical protection that makes them impossible to be "touched" by Satan.

Upvote 0

Colin.B.H

Jul 16, 2016
Tennessee
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't specify anything so it could be temptation or it could be possession or any number of other bad things. The point is Christians do not have this magical protection that makes them impossible to be "touched" by Satan.
Then how do you know that people are possessed to this day by Satan if that is the passage that you use for this subject. Or is there another?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then how do you know that people are possessed to this day by Satan if that is the passage that you use for this subject. Or is there another?

The bible does not state possession was only possible for a limited time thus it can and does happen today. Satan is not yet bound.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
anyone who fits the bill is satan. in the world of spirits, where we all live in already, if you accept evils then you find a group of souls which are like you. if you love angelic things then you hang around angels. of course we must be free and so we need choices if we are to become and therefore devils try to drag us into hell and angels try to draw us into heaven more.

when you read a book of a saint they and countless other beings concerned with it are there with you but devils also try to give you a warped perception of the good book that they might use what was good for evil. God sends his angels to many things you would not think he would and we might give heed to angels or demons concerning most things we find in our world.

the new jerusalem is holy and is Gods city and the gates are never closed but sinners stand outside of it in outer darkness and weep and gnash their teeth. the new jerusalem descends from heaven to earth for God is with us always, just like he said he would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Re-posting...
Mat 13:28 And he saith to them, A man, an enemy, did this; and the servants said to him, Wilt thou, then, that having gone away we may gather it up? 42 and shall cast them to the perpetual: ineffaceable - not to be quenched, of the fire; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.  [YLT]
he shall incinerate G2618 κατακαίω From G2596 and G2545; to burn down (to the ground), that is, consume wholly: - burn (up, utterly).
[by inextinguishable].G762 ἄσβεστος asbestos From G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of G4570; not extinguished, that is, (by implication) perpetual: ineffaceable - not to be quenched, unquenchable. [ Moulton and Milligan; BAG 411-412; LN133; Strong]

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Mat 13:28 And he saith to them, A man, an enemy, did this; and the servants said to him, Wilt thou, then, that having gone away we may gather it up? 42 and shall cast them to the perpetual: ineffaceable - not to be quenched, of the fire; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.  [YLT]
he shall incinerate G2618 κατακαίω From G2596 and G2545; to burn down (to the ground), that is, consume wholly: - burn (up, utterly).
[by inextinguishable].G762 ἄσβεστος asbestos From G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of G4570; not extinguished, that is, (by implication) perpetual: ineffaceable - not to be quenched, unquenchable. [ Moulton and Milligan; BAG 411-412; LN133; Strong]
Ezekiel seems to say "man" about Satan, as the or in the man, or having to work through a man, the King of Tyre...

Ezekiel 26, 27, and in Ezekiel 28, in Ezekiel 28:2...

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel seems to say "man" about Satan, as the or in the man, or having to work through a man, the King of Tyre... Ezekiel 26, 27, and in Ezekiel 28, in Ezekiel 28:2...
Prophecy Against the Prince of Tyre Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: 10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more. yea, they shall dwell with confidence, Eze 28:26 when I [GOD] have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they [the house of Israel] shall know that I am the LORD their God.
Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Do you think God didn't Kill the firstborn of all the Egyptians?
Why do you think God destroyed the cities of Sodom after Abraham ask Him to spare the city if He could find just one believer?

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0