florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
TBN? No thank you...not that I agree with how folks shold worship the Lord part..I don't like ANY part of TBN.

That is what modern worship is now. That's what I'm objecting to. Churches are copying TBN.

Upvote 0

shawnavery

this space for rent
Sep 2, 2013
christiana PA
✟8,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I mentioned in an earlier post, it's not so much these instruments are in the church as it is the way they are played. They should be played in a reverent way. Also, the drum sets and electric guitars should not replace the cross as a focal point in the church.

The upbeat jazzy sound comes naturally to black people so it is ok if they worship in that way. It's from their hearts. It is not natural for white people to do that, therefore it's not from their hearts. They are just mimicking black people. It's a performance, not praise. Which is abominable to the Almighty.

Then by your reasoning then neither should the electric organ replace the cross as the focal point. Right?

John 3:16

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Then by your reasoning then neither should the electric organ replace the cross as the focal point. Right?

John 3:16
The electric organ was always pretty much hidden where I went to church. The cross was always front and center and above.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
satan has thrown out the hymnals and brought in new age "music" . Drum sets and electric guitars have replaced the cross. Moronic
moneygrubbers have replaced preachers. Mockery has replaced reverence. Noise has replaced peace.

The moneychangers had nothing on the church today. Remember what Jesus did to them?

Were you aware that when hymn singing was first introduced that some said that it should not be allowed because not everyone can sing well?

The church has always had a difficult time with change. While there are some who take advantage in the church and there are some churches were services resemble rock concerts, you have to remember that God will always save a remnant of his church. After all, it is His church

Upvote 0

jeffdp72

Sep 16, 2013
✟7,656.00
Faith
Christian
That is what modern worship is now. That's what I'm objecting to. Churches are copying TBN.

Thankfully, TBN is not widely broadcasted in Australia (I could be wrong there), I had to goggle TBN to found out about it. Personally, I would stay well away from TBN.

Please don’t bring TBN to Australia, please, leave the pink haired lady in America, I’m happy watching repeats of Garner Ted Armstrong sermons. [My opinion].

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
"I always do..so its ok if there hidden?"

As long as the instruments are not the focal point. You see, satan was in charge of music when he was in Heaven. Today he's using it against the Almighty. If you put a drum set or electric guitar, for instance, in a prominent place instead of a cross, it may be paying homage to the devil. So, in my heart, I believe that musical instruments should be obscure in the house of worship and the cross predominant.

You might disagree. It's just what I believe.

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What attracts these lost young people is not wholesome. Heaven is wholesome. Thereby pleasing to God.

Copying the devil is not wholesome.

YOu know that the music is different from what was in bible times than the want you know right? There were no pianos and not violins. Do not judge. Rock music for many and rap is satan but remember many people thought other things were a sin. It's what they do with it not about what genre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"I always do..so its ok if there hidden?"

As long as the instruments are not the focal point. You see, satan was in charge of music when he was in Heaven. Today he's using it against the Almighty. If you put a drum set or electric guitar, for instance, in a prominent place instead of a cross, it may be paying homage to the devil. So, in my heart, I believe that musical instruments should be obscure in the house of worship and the cross predominant.

You might disagree. It's just what I believe.

However you are wrong the bible cleanly state a person should you their talents. You must rule out pianos. How do you know. Your making a judge on something you don't understand. The drums aren't the devils for it has nothing to do with the Devil.

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If your using the satan thing you must know in O.T many Egyptians used the same instruments that the Hebrews used and the organ was used by Roman Circus as the pagans fed Christians to the Lions. So you must ban all instruments for this reason for all the biblical world had the same instruments.

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
51ULmlnHMLL._SY300_.jpg

See here this is Ancient Egypt and they are using the some of the same instruments in that the verses

Psalm 150:3–6
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,o
praise him with the harp and lyre,p
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,q
praise him with the stringsr and pipe,s
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,t
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everythingu that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

SO you logic is not holding on Satan is destroying church for God is asking them to use the same thing has the Egyptians used. It's not playing them it's how you play them for God created music.

Last edited:
Upvote 0