Satan bound for 1000 years

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the belief is that Satan is bound for 1000 years in the "bottomless" (Abyssos) so he should decieve the nations no more... and adventist teaching is that this "bottomless-Abyssos)" is the earth uninhabited. well let's show how this is false Abyssos is where the demons reside NOW and in the time of Jesus. We see the word used 9 times in the new testament : Luke 8:31, Rom 10:7, Rev 9:1-2,Rev 9:11, Rev 11:7, Rev 17:8 and rev 20. So the idea that this bottomless Abyssos is the earth uninhabited is false. Abyssos is where demons reside and that is satan will be bound along with his friends so they should decieve the nations that remain on the earth no more. This is when the millennial reign of Christ on Earth begins as described all throughout the old testament. (Dan 2:43-44, Dan 7:13-14, 25-27, Is 65:15-24, Is 24:1-6, 19, Zach 14, Is 45:20-25) This is where we will reign and rule with Christ as described in the new testament (Luke 1:32-33, 2 Tim 2:11-12, Rev 2:26-27, Rev 12:5, Rev 5:10, Rev 19:11-21, Rev 15:4, Rev 20:7-9)

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are you expecting posting this in the Adventist forum? If you want to disparage our faith, I suggest you spread this contentious spirit outside of our forum.... GT perhaps?
I was an adventist until the LORD delivered me from that bondage, now I can look back and think for myself and have the Holy Spirit guide me while reading the Bible and not mans/woman's traditions.hopefully some of you can start believing what the whole bible says and not just cherry picking parts to support Your doctrine.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the belief is that Satan is bound for 1000 years in the "bottomless" (Abyssos) so he should decieve the nations no more... and adventist teaching is that this "bottomless-Abyssos)" is the earth uninhabited. well let's show how this is false Abyssos is where the demons reside NOW and in the time of Jesus.

In Job 1 and 2 the question is asked of the devil "where do you come from? " -- and his answer is "from the Earth - from walking to and fro and up and down the earth".

In Matt 4 and Luke 4 - Satan says the world has been given to him and he can give it to whomever he wishes.

in Rev 12 Satan comes down to earth with great wrath -- after the cross. And the Bible says "woe" is to the inhabitants of the earth.

Paul says we wrestle against the devil and can stand only in the armor of God.

2 Cor 4:4 says Satan is the 'god of this world'

Peter says the devil freely goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

I was an adventistv

Then you know that what you now teach is doctrinal error - choose the Bible instead.

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Job 1 and 2 the question is asked of the devil "where do you come from? " -- and his answer is "from the Earth - from walking to and fro and up and down the earth".

In Matt 4 and Luke 4 - Satan says the world has been given to him and he can give it to whomever he wishes.

in Rev 12 Satan comes down to earth with great wrath -- after the cross. And the Bible says "woe" is to the inhabitants of the earth.

Paul says we wrestle against the devil and can stand only in the armor of God.

2 Cor 4:4 says Satan is the 'god of this world'

Peter says the devil freely goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

Then you know that what you now teach is doctrinal error - choose the Bible instead.
Umm what did anything you just write have to do with my post? we are talking about Abyssos here. ???

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Umm what did anything you just write have to do with my post? we are talking about Abyssos here. ???

It shows that in both OT and NT Satan is on earth -- and the Bible says he is the "god of this world" -- even in post-cross NT times. (2 Cor 4:4)

In Job 1 Satan says the only thing stopping him from having full access to Job - is the hedge that God places around Job.

In Genesis 1 the earth is formless and void... and the spirit of God hovered over the surface of "the deep" - the Septuagint uses the same word as in Rev 20 -- "abyss" for the earth in that state. A chaotic earth in Gen 1 prior to week-day-1 of creation week.. as the "Abyss".

In the Old Testament abyssos [a [busso"] is invariably descriptive of the watery depths of the earth, whether oceans or springs, in contradistinction to the land (e.g., Psalm 77:16 ; 78:15 ; 106:9 ; Isa 51:10 ; Amos 7:4 ), ... Abyssos [a [busso"] never translates from Greek as Sheol, so in the Old Testament it never carries the idea of the realm of the dead or the afterlife. In Genesis 1:2 the total inchoate earth is called "the deep, " over which the Spirit of God hovered.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It shows that in both OT and NT Satan is on earth -- and the Bible says he is the "god of this world" -- even in post-cross NT times. (2 Cor 4:4)

In Job 1 Satan says the only thing stopping him from having full access to Job - is the hedge that God places around Job.

In Genesis 1 the earth is formless and void... and the spirit of God hovered over the surface of "the deep" - the Septuagint uses the same word as in Rev 20 -- "abyss" for the earth in that state. A chaotic earth in Gen 1 prior to week-day-1 of creation week.. as the "Abyss".

In the Old Testament abyssos [a [busso"] is invariably descriptive of the watery depths of the earth, whether oceans or springs, in contradistinction to the land (e.g., Psalm 77:16 ; 78:15 ; 106:9 ; Isa 51:10 ; Amos 7:4 ), ... Abyssos [a [busso"] never translates from Greek as Sheol, so in the Old Testament it never carries the idea of the realm of the dead or the afterlife. In Genesis 1:2 the total inchoate earth is called "the deep, " over which the Spirit of God hovered.
Ok first of all we are talking about the new testament here. Greek not hebrew.Secondly even if you use the Hebrew word and apply it to the new testament than what you are saying is that the earth is formless and void when the word Is used ALL the other times in the new testament. No no, satan is bound in Abyssos for a thousand years, it is the same place where the Angel that has the key to the bottomless (abyssos)pit releases the demons from. It's very obvious, the only reason you don't want to see it is because you are defiled by the teaching of woman, you think your church (woman) is infallible. Instead of wanting to follow the lamb where ever he leadest, you reject clear truth of scripture and instead hang on to traditions of men and women.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok first of all we are talking about the new testament here. Greek not hebrew.

We are talking about the Bible and how the term for Abyss is used. We see from the very start - that the greek translation of the OT - shows that same word for "Abyss" used in Genesis 1 for the earth before week-day-1 of creation week.

So then we are using the greek word in Genesis 1 as seen in the Septuagint and comparing it to the use of the same Greek word in Rev 20.

Secondly even if you use the Hebrew word and apply it to the new testament than what you are saying is that the earth is formless and void when the word Is used ALL the other times in the new testament.

I am saying that the empty state of the "deep" in Genesis 1 reflects the condition of earth where Satan is restrained in Rev 20.

No no, satan is bound in Abyssos for a thousand years, it is the same place where the Angel that has the key to the bottomless (abyssos)pit releases the demons from. It's very obvious, the only reason you don't want to see it is because you are defiled

While much name-calling and emotionalism may have worked well to decide who is right and how is not - in the dark ages. That does not works so well in the light of day.

Satan is bound for 1000 years on earth in Rev 20 -- because earth is brought to a state something like it was in Genesis 1:1 -- and no humans are alive on earth.

We see that in Rev 19 all humans on earth are killed who were not taken to heaven at the 2nd coming.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's very obvious, the only reason you don't want to see it is because you are defiled by the teaching of woman, you think your church (woman) is infallible. Instead of wanting to follow the lamb where ever he leadest, you reject clear truth of scripture and instead hang on to traditions of men and women.
Shameful that you know that EG White was but one of the influential pioneers that were given this present truth message. Uriah Smith, JN Andrews, Jones and Wagoneer are but a few.... but you know this and yet you still try and attack our faith like an ignorant neophyte that knows nothing about what we believe.

Fwiw, I don't accept all of what she wrote as inspired or backed by scripture but then again she never said she was without error... she was a fallible human like every other prophet that God ever used throughout time. God expects us to use the discernment we ask for when studying His Word. Our small congregation has personally read 60-70% of her writings to date and have found little to question... all of which always points us to Christ. A false prophet would never continue to exalt Christ and His Word throughout a 70+ year ministry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Adventist, but nor am I part of this debate - all I came here to say, is that he may have been bound for a thousand years... but he's not anymore. I 100% guarantee you he is no longer bound.
He hasn't been bound yet... that will happen after Christ has returned, redeemed His saints, the wicked will be dead upon the earth and satan and the fallen angels will be bound to this desolate earth to think about their rebellion and to be tormented by it with no one to tempt.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are talking about the Bible and how the term for Abyss is used. We see from the very start - that the greek translation of the OT - shows that same word for "Abyss" used in Genesis 1 for the earth before week-day-1 of creation week.

So then we are using the greek word in Genesis 1 as seen in the Septuagint and comparing it to the use of the same Greek word in Rev 20.

I am saying that the empty state of the "deep" in Genesis 1 reflects the condition of earth where Satan is restrained in Rev 20.

While much name-calling and emotionalism may have worked well to decide who is right and how is not - in the dark ages. That does not works so well in the light of day.

Satan is bound for 1000 years on earth in Rev 20 -- because earth is brought to a state something like it was in Genesis 1:1 -- and no humans are alive on earth.

We see that in Rev 19 all humans on earth are killed who were not taken to heaven at the 2nd coming.
What dont you understand about the fact that if you use the word Abyss in Rev 20 as meaning the word is in a state as in genesis 1, then you have to apply this same logic to Revelation 9:1-2, Lets see... is the earth with our form and void as in genesis 1??? when the locusts come out of the Abyss?? How about the King that the locusts have over them, the Angel of the Abyss in verse 11???? What about the beast that ascends out of the Abyss in Rev 17:8. That goes for the rest of the times Abyssos is used in the new testament. You are doing a typical adventist stunt, you use the word only when it fits your doctrine. On top of that you are using the septuigint manuscript that adventist scream as being corrupted but when its convenient for them they choose to quote out of it. There is no way of getting around the fact, the bible is clear, Abyssos is the place the demons are and NOT the earth uninhabited. Scripture interprets scripture. As for Rev 19, why dont you read verse Rev 19:15,
" And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Rev 12:5
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Rev 2:26-27

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Any many more...

Once again a typical adventist tactic, you use one verse while ignoring the rest of the verses/prophecies on the subject from the new and old testament.
If you look at ALL of the scriptures on the subject of Jesus's second coming and the period right after as described in the New and Old testament, there is NO WAY it lines up with the adventist understanding. If you dont think that the adventist church is infallible (or Ellen W.) , than if someone points out clear error to you, why are you fighting it?? The Abyssos error is very clear. If you cant see that than i feel sorry for you, because how are you to receive further light from God when your cup is already full?

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He hasn't been bound yet... that will happen after Christ has returned, redeemed His saints, the wicked will be dead upon the earth and satan and the fallen angels will be bound to this desolate earth to think about their rebellion and to be tormented by it with no one to tempt.
But it says he will be released to deceive the earth once again after the 1000 years. So that's not possible.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shameful that you know that EG White was but one of the influential pioneers that were given this present truth message. Uriah Smith, JN Andrews, Jones and Wagoneer are but a few.... but you know this and yet you still try and attack our faith like an ignorant neophyte that knows nothing about what we believe.

Fwiw, I don't accept all of what she wrote as inspired or backed by scripture but then again she never said she was without error... she was a fallible human like every other prophet that God ever used throughout time. God expects us to use the discernment we ask for when studying His Word. Our small congregation has personally read 60-70% of her writings to date and have found little to question... all of which always points us to Christ. A false prophet would never continue to exalt Christ and His Word throughout a 70+ year ministry.
I am showing you where error is, there is something called today's present truth, something you want nothing to do with, you are stuck, trapped, cut off from God revealing you truth because you hold on to traditions of men and woman, instead of using the Bible and Bible alone to get your TRUTH.
never mind that, please stay on the subject of this post.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uriah Smith, JN Andrews, Jones and Wagoneer are but a few....
Um - that is spelled Waggoner. Two Gs and one E.

Ellet J Waggoner died in Battle Creek Michigan 12 years before my dad, Rev. William R Waggoner, was born in that same city. (ordained Wesleyan Methodist) Not sure if we are related or not. (but probably are due to the rare spelling)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Um - that is spelled Waggoner. Two Gs and one E.

Ellet J Waggoner died in Battle Creek Michigan 12 years before my dad, Rev. William R Waggoner, was born in that same city. (ordained Wesleyan Methodist) Not sure if we are related or not. (but probably are due to the rare spelling)
Thanx for the correction, I was going from my own intellect and we see where that got me...lol

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanx for the correction, I was going from my own intellect and we see where that got me...lol
Yeah - not an uncommon mistake. But usually it gets spelled Wagner. (much more common) I guess I am rather sensitive to that since in grade school I was asked a LOT how I was related to a guy with the more common spelling. (we were not) I finally met the guy in high school.

Your spelling was the former name of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What dont you understand about the fact that if you use the word Abyss in Rev 20 as meaning the word is in a state as in genesis 1, then you have to apply this same logic to Revelation 9:1-2, Lets see... is the earth with our form and void as in genesis 1??? when the locusts come out of the Abyss?? How about the King that the locusts have over them, the Angel of the Abyss in verse 11???? What about the beast that ascends out of the Abyss in Rev 17:8. That goes for the rest of the times Abyssos is used in the new testament. You are doing a typical adventist stunt, you use the word only when it fits your doctrine. On top of that you are using the septuigint manuscript that adventist scream as being corrupted but when its convenient for them they choose to quote out of it. There is no way of getting around the fact, the bible is clear, Abyssos is the place the demons are and NOT the earth uninhabited. Scripture interprets scripture. As for Rev 19, why dont you read verse Rev 19:15,
" And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Rev 12:5
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Rev 2:26-27

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Any many more...

You don't appear to have a point at all here - chaos can apply to whatever context you want... the contents of a box or the whole world.

Your logic is "illusive" when you insist that chaos-disorder applied as a description for the world can not ever be a description for anything else.

Please be serious or you will be seen as simply posting fluff.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am showing you where error is, there is something called today's present truth, something you want nothing to do with, .

Just not in real life.

In real life - the opposite is true.

Present Truth - is what Christ is doing presently - and also what He is about to do.

And that is true in all ages.

Upvote 0