Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi y'all! I need help. I'm going to buy a new outfit for the date but I need suggestions!

Post your ideas here. Photos, please. :D

Please, nothing too revealing. Also, keep in mind that I'm a heavier girl and I am pretty well, uh..endowed :blush: in the chest area so it needs to be flattering without hanging too crazy.

Go!

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know you said you don't like dresses but I think this would be a great date outfit as its feminine but not constricting and yuo could easily pair it with casual sandles and some fun jewelry :)

vx036_floralprint_l.jpg

Or a tunic and dress slacks combo in fun summer colors:

le062_print_m.jpg

pi098_pinkmulti_l.jpg

lb780_silvergrey_2_l.jpg

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Different body types look best with different styles :) I think if you went dressy casual you would be fine :thumbsup:

Female body shape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Female shapes

Independent of fat percentage, weight or width, female body shapes are categorised into one of four elementary geometric shapes,
[1] though there are very wide ranges of actual sizes within each shape:

Apple (triangle downward)Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.
[1] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look out of proportion compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.

Banana or straight (rectangular)The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.
[1] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.

Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.
[1] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.

Hourglass shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.
[1] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.

A study of over 6,000 women carried out by researchers at the
North Carolina State University around 2005 found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[1] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[1]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I love this (though the style more than the color; not a fan of pink :sorry:) and for myself, I would pair it with a nice pair of jeans...though dress pants (like the ones Amber posted) are probably a safer bet if you don't know where you are going.

And Sara is an apple shape, from the looks of a FB pic. Good question, since shape does matter when picking an outfit.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What kind of place will you be going to for the date?

He's going to surprise me, so I'm not sure. :)

I know you said you don't like dresses but I think this would be a great date outfit as its feminine but not constricting and yuo could easily pair it with casual sandles and some fun jewelry :)

vx036_floralprint_l.jpg

Or a tunic and dress slacks combo in fun summer colors:

le062_print_m.jpg

pi098_pinkmulti_l.jpg

lb780_silvergrey_2_l.jpg

I like the dress and the other combo. Thanks. :D :D

Different body types look best with different styles :) I think if you went dressy casual you would be fine :thumbsup:

Female body shape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Female shapes

Independent of fat percentage, weight or width, female body shapes are categorised into one of four elementary geometric shapes,
[1] though there are very wide ranges of actual sizes within each shape:

Apple (triangle downward)Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.
[1] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look out of proportion compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.

Banana or straight (rectangular)The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.
[1] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.

Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.
[1] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.

Hourglass shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.
[1] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.

A study of over 6,000 women carried out by researchers at the
North Carolina State University around 2005 found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[1] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[1]

Looking at that, I think I would be more of a banana. My waist is smaller than the hips and torso but I don't know that I would be an hourglass.

I love this (though the style more than the color; not a fan of pink :sorry:) and for myself, I would pair it with a nice pair of jeans...though dress pants (like the ones Amber posted) are probably a safer bet if you don't know where you are going.

And Sara is an apple shape, from the looks of a FB pic. Good question, since shape does matter when picking an outfit.

I love pink! :D I actually like the pattern too. :) I think I will ask him if I should do jeans. If we're going bowling or anything like that, I'm not gonna want to wear slacks.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love pink! :D I actually like the pattern too. :) I think I will ask him if I should do jeans. If we're going bowling or anything like that, I'm not gonna want to wear slacks.

I'm with Historia in the fact that I limit pink in my own wardrobe but I think the pattern would set off your beautiful coloring and eyes perfectly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think this would look perfect for your body type. It will show your waste and curves all in the right places.
tumblrktuj18ey6c1qa1e0p.jpg

This holds all the right places. It looks comfortable AND shows a bit of your sexy/foxy side.
dydress1blacklicorice.jpg

This is my favorite for you because I know you can work it! Plus he wont keep his eyes off of you. :)
artisticnatureprintbelt.jpg

For more casual, I recommend this:
gweendolyncardiganfront.jpg

You want to KNOCK HIM DEAD?!
If you don't mind drooling that is.....
pencilbordeauxfront.jpg

Reactions: traingosorry
Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think this would look perfect for your body type. It will show your waste and curves all in the right places.
tumblrktuj18ey6c1qa1e0p.jpg

This holds all the right places. It looks comfortable AND shows a bit of your sexy/foxy side.
dydress1blacklicorice.jpg

This is my favorite for you because I know you can work it! Plus he wont keep his eyes off of you. :)
artisticnatureprintbelt.jpg

For more casual, I recommend this:
gweendolyncardiganfront.jpg

You want to KNOCK HIM DEAD?!
If you don't mind drooling that is.....
pencilbordeauxfront.jpg

Where are those clothes from? lol. I like most of them. I don't really like the red skirt with black top.

Whooooooo... I vote for the denim pencil skirt with the top of the 2nd to last picture :clap:

Hmm. Those tops don't make fat chicks look fatter? And I'm meaning me, not anyone else. That model doesn't even look "plus sized" to me, though I know she must be. :p

You're a very pretty woman, anyone with negative comments is just an idiot, or a troll.

Oh. Thank you. :blush:

You're a beautiful lady, Sara. :)
Thank you, Jason. :hug:

Upvote 0