Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm totally unaware of who those people are :confused: lol

I don't know what either of those names mean :(

Google is your friend. I'm an oldster and recognized the names, though. You could just google images of the two and post who you think is the more attractive one. :D

I don't actually watch tennis games, but I have seen Agassi in interviews (quite awhile ago, though) and he seemed like a good guy. I don't know anything about Pete Sampras other than that he was/is a good tennis player.

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mid-90's:

agassi-sampras.jpg

Recent:

sampras-agassi.jpg

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well...D's post summed it up...look at that second picture..... Agassi...come on now..not that I don't adore me some Sampras...

and to settle another question....Nadal...

ugh...:swoon: Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.

I was wondering what took you so long to get in this thread haha :)

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mid-90's:

agassi-sampras.jpg

Recent:

sampras-agassi.jpg

...my glory days...I miss watching them play. Now I'm kind of down and it's my fault ^_^ Ah well....I have some great memories :thumbsup:

Well...D's post summed it up...look at that second picture..... Agassi...come on now..not that I don't adore me some Sampras...

and to settle another question....Nadal...

ugh...:swoon: Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.

Adore you some Sampras...that's cute :p

I honestly have never watched Nada play. (oops sorry, I mean Nadal ;)

I quit watching once Sampras and Graf retired. It was kind of one of those golden periods. It was soo fun to watch. Growing up I loved watching (yes, Agassi ;p Graf, Sampras, Sabatini, and Capriati. The last two were kind of no-shows for a bit but I relate to that period. I miss it. :)

When Philippoussis came out with a serve that you couldn't volley to, I kind of lost interest. ^_^ I should watch again.

Overall, Agassi :swoon: such talent and interesting. Sampras was consistent though. I knew that no matter if he was down, he would pull through some way, some how. I loved that.

Anyhoo....I hope you got a laugh out of this girly :p :cool:

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Easy question, simple answer Agassi. His style of play was much more appealing to me than that of Samprass. Having said that we are missing some people that play in the style of Samprass and men like Rafter now a days. But yeah Agassi was totally my favourite player when I was growing up. Actually his style somewhat resembled mine, though of course he was far more talented than I ever was.

As for who's the greatest player of all time? Clearly that is Federer the most complete and technically gifted player to have walked the face of the earth. Hell Nadal could win 30Slams he would still be an inferior player to Federer, who seems like the last player to try to play on technique rather then power.

Another guy I need to mention, Fabrice "The Magician" Santoro. Now that was a purely touch player, such a fun guy, and what a hell of a player.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

As for who's the greatest player of all time? Clearly that is Federer the most complete and technically gifted player to have walked the face of the earth. Hell Nadal could win 30Slams he would still be an inferior player to Federer, who seems like the last player to try to play on technique rather then power.
Federer's only the "greatest player" right now because Nadal needs more time to surpass him ^_^...He's got more under his belt than Federer did at his age...

and a) power is part of Nadal's technique...and b)he uses so much more...have you watched him play ^_^

oh gosh I'm a dork....

ohhh I'm so going to miss it so much this summer..Sandy - keep me updated on the majors...please and thank you! :holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Federer's only the "greatest player" right now because Nadal needs more time to surpass him ^_^...He's got more under his belt than Federer did at his age...

and a) power is part of Nadal's technique...and b)he uses so much more...have you watched him play ^_^

oh gosh I'm a dork....

ohhh I'm so going to miss it so much this summer..Sandy - keep me updated on the majors...please and thank you! :holy:
Yes I've watched him play(I'm a tennis player, used to be a pretty good one till I blew out my knee and shoulder. Watching is the closest thing I've got now a days), he's got one move, he basically does the same thing over and over again. One dimensional player, hence not the best ever. Federer on the other hand is versatile, he is extremely skilled at every aspect of the game. Look people fail to grasp this concept, but there is a difference between the best and the most succesful. Power is not a technique it's compensating the lack of it(take a look at the difference in the facial expressions of Federer and Nadal at the moment of hitting a ball, Nadal's face is all tensed up, while Federer is relaxed, just one of the many indications of Federer's superiority). I found it telling a few weeks ago Nadal gave an interview and he said something like I'm not good enough yet, so I need to work on my power. Again that is not technique. Every idiot can go into the gym and work on power, every idiot can go stand on a court repeat the same stroke over and over again and become a reasonable player. That is what Nadal has done, and yeah he's good at it, and yeah he's succesful, and yeah he's more succesful than Federer was at that age(Federer has himself to blame for that mind you, his attitude was appaling when he was younger) that does not make him the greatest player. I'm a purist, I love watching people play with a soft touch, I love seeing people invest time in mastering every aspect of the beautiful game of tennis, and Nadal is not that guy. Nadal is the guy that through extremely hard work came much further than he ever should have based on his talent. And I respect that, I really do, and apart from his annoying manners on the court(I mean seriously it doesn't matter how you position your water bottle, or the constant tugging at his underwear, or his constantly taking to much time to serve, seriously time it, by the rulebook he shouldn't even be on the court after his first three service games, or his constantly being coached by his uncle, or his faking of injuries) I like the guy, but he's a one dimensional player, and thus inferior to the legends of old, and to the legend that is Federer. Again for all I care Nadal can win a hundred majors, I couldn't care less. He will never ever be the better player. Borg, McEnroe, Agassi, Lendl, Rod Laver, Federer, Samprass, were all far superior to Nadal, simple as that.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

oh gosh I'm a dork....

Sure thing :)

Upvote 0

LightUp

Apr 18, 2011
✟15,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"As a single person" who is your favorite? Why?

:cool:

For me, it depends on how you define favorite. On a personal 'I would like to be friends with" level I have to pick Agassi. But, on a 'who was a better tennis player' level I have to pick Sampras. He was just so dominate. Maybe I am old-school, but I totally enjoy how much they hate each other.

Although, if I am totally honest, I would not pick either of them. My top 5 would be:

A close 1 & 2 - Roger Federer and Bjorn Borg
3, 4, & 5 (in no particular order as it changes every day) - Rafael Nadal, Pete Sampras, & John McEnroe
Just outside - Ivan Lendl & Jimmy Conners

Upvote 0