Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth

Which singer was better in Van Halen?

• Sammy Hagar

• David Lee Roth

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I dislike David Lee Roth and I loathe Sammy Hagar, but up until about Diver Down or so VH was an undeniably great band. I think they would have been better without a singer, but whatya gonna do? Rock and roll doesn't get much better than the intro to Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

Also this is what an debut album's tracklist is supposed to look like:

Runnin' With the Devil
Eruption
You Really Got Me
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
I'm the One
Jamie's Cryin'
Atomic Punk
Feel Your Love Tonight
Little Dreamer
Ice Cream Man
On Fire

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I love Jamie's crying...
But ya know, Diamnond Dave probably was the reason behind alot of tears.

Well, if he could get past himself and actually love someone else...maybe he would be the one singing for the guy crying! :p Ack.

I simply do not like DLR because his ego supercedes him.

Sammy...eh. He is ok. He didnt annoy me so much.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yea, like that song alot too.

'Why can't this be love' vs...
'Ain't talkin bout love...' [Cos I am rotten to the core]
SEE how their personalities are oceans apart??

Sammy can sing. :) Its more his personality too, that over shadows DLR [for me anyway]

Also in every video DLR hogged the cameras. It was always about him. :sick: And it bothered me.
I guess his personality did it for me...

Not that I am saying he isnt a good singer.. its just that HE KNOWS IT... know what I mean?
Humble he is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:eek:
Ya never heard 'Cant drive 55...' ??

^_^
I have but that's because I had a friend who also lived in Dallas so I saw him in Dallas many times but here, no, he was not popular. "Heavy Metal" was cool, in fact I have that soundtrack somewhere up in my attic.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I voted for Sammy Hagar because I tend to like romantic sentimental songs and he had more good ones in that category (Well, to the extent that hard rock can be romantic or sentimental ;)) that David Lee Roth. I'll admit if my tastes were a little different, I might easily go the other way. Hager just did more stuff that fits into the general framework of what I like. The band always rocked with some really wicked guitar licks, but that was the Valen Halen brothers themselves and not either of the lead singers, right?

I'll admit I tend to usually prefer soft rock like Peter Cetera and stuff (With some exceptions), so I'm not sure my vote should count anyhow. ;) I do own a two-disc best of Valen Halen CDs somewhere, though. :) And I've always been fond of Rush. And grew up with some of the grunge rock of the early 90s like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. And actually like Velvet Revolver a bit. So it's not like I hate hard rock, but I'm more often found listening to something really soft and sappy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.