✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To all the people who did not recieve their bacon cheese cupcake:

It is a USPS Conspiracy of Post 9/11 proportions. Please write your congressman:

Dear Dirty Politician,

Where be mah bacon cheese cupcake

Sincerely
Concerned Citizen

:cool1:

;) :p

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
honestly... I was only gone for about 2-3 weeks but this place feels a lot more toxic than I remembered. :|

It's because you weren't here to strut your coolness around. We need your posts about pie to bring this place back!

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lets admit it, lots of regular posters here troll/spam threads. But as they are already accepted into the community, we don't raise hell about it

Yeah, the family analogy fits well here too. There is always a crazy uncle or aunt at those family functions...you know they're a little off and but you love them or at least tolerate them anyways.

Old threads are fun. What we really need is a CF Old Thread Revival week. No threads but old ones are allowed. Who's with me?!?!

:thumbsup:

Is there a way to do that? I think it would be refreshing to see only old posts for a week. Is there a way to do that for the singles group?

Yes to old threads!

CF pancake party! I'm sure Andrew will make a fresh batch of cupcakes. :p

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My Policy is simple:

I simply accept and try to help the new people. The fruit that they bear tells me alot about them. If they turn out to be a troll I know that it will be taken care of.

if they are a new or struggling Christian, then i will help&pray for them as much as humanly possible. :hug:

If they are a crazy jackwagon like the rest of us, I'll give 'em a cheese & bacon cupcake and invite them to join in the fun. :p

:thumbsup: I like this! I try to keep an open mind to everyone, but the newbies who post their very first post/thread about their sex life gets an automatic troll label from me. That's just too much too fast. There are regular posters on here that I also consider trolls, but I try to be careful of what threads I read and I pray for them.

I like people in relationships posting, it makes my heart warm and fuzzy when not overdone/overmushy. Too much mush and i'm prone to feeling queasy.

:thumbsup:

honestly... I was only gone for about 2-3 weeks but this place feels a lot more toxic than I remembered. :|

I've noticed that many of the people who made me smile are rarely on here anymore. I'm hoping that it's just a summer-time thing and that they will come back, because this place is quickly going to hell in a handbasket.

It is a USPS Conspiracy of Post 9/11 proportions. Please write your congressman:

Dear Dirty Politician,

Sincerely
Concerned Citizen

:ahah:

Reactions: Andrew12
Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Dear Dirty Politician,

Sincerely
Concerned Citizen

I'm sensing a conspiracy, a pass-the-buck type situation, to not fulfill the earlier stated promise of the 'newbie status' cupcake...hmmm...I think this is going to have be investigated by a committee of which I will give the code name 'Where Dem Cupcakes'.

:thumbsup: I like this! I try to keep an open mind to everyone, but the newbies who post their very first post/thread about their sex life gets an automatic troll label from me. That's just too much too fast. There are regular posters on here that I also consider trolls, but I try to be careful of what threads I read and I pray for them.

Awwww...Heather...thanks for praying for me! ;)

Reactions: HazelWings
Upvote 0

Starnchrist

Queen_E Formerly Soldier <3
Jul 7, 2010
New York
✟12,690.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm done with the Fat Vs. Skinny Debate. Lol I'm done. I only did a feel good thread for me and I got debated and upset and just rammed myself down the hole. I wanna Happy Happy moment. Like now. YAY!!! lol I'm not usually upset or angry or ticked, but when ya just get me you get me. Sowwy.

Reactions: HazelWings
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For every troll or troublemaker we also have a lot of great new members popping up too. I guess it's all about perspective but I choose to focus on the positive members and ignore the ugly ones. :)

Hey hey hey now! Us troublemakers need love too :234:

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol I feel the same way. I think a lot of people tend to treat the newbies like they're trolls until they do something that somehow in another members eyes makes them okay and non trollish.
I just take them for what they are - a new person. if they turn out to be a troll - fine. If they're in fact an actual human, I haven't already placed judgement on them. lol

When I first started posting here, which was around last September/October but I doubt anyone remembers, I sort of got this vibe from people. I never noticed the welcome thread and figured that because I was new no one cared enough for me to bother making a face the board thread, so I just started posting in topics and jumping into conversations. I was very shy and I'm naturally reserved so I offered zero information about myself except for my opinions. For the longest time I felt like people totally ignored me and my posts on here. I still felt like this until only very recently. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but to be honest, it did hurt a little bit. It finally occurred to me that maybe the people here thought I was a troll because I never properly introduced myself in the Singles forum (though I did in the newbie forum for the entire CF). I don't know if they actually did, but it kind of felt like it lol! And for all I know, you all might still think I'm a troll lol!

So I guess because I sort of know how it feels, with some of these newer people lately I've been trying to view them always as normal new people first, until they prove me wrong. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
When I first started posting here, which was around last September/October but I doubt anyone remembers, I sort of got this vibe from people. I never noticed the welcome thread and figured that because I was new no one cared enough for me to bother making a face the board thread, so I just started posting in topics and jumping into conversations. I was very shy and I'm naturally reserved so I offered zero information about myself except for my opinions. For the longest time I felt like people totally ignored me and my posts on here. I still felt like this until only very recently. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but to be honest, it did hurt a little bit. It finally occurred to me that maybe the people here thought I was troll because I never properly introduced myself in the Singles forum (though I did in the newbie forum for the entire CF). I don't know if they actually did, but it kind of felt like it lol! And for all I know, you all might still think I'm a troll lol!

So I guess because I sort of know how it feels, with some of these newer people lately I've been trying to view them always as normal new people first, until they prove me wrong. :)

I tend to think that I'm good at spotting trolls. I'll also admit to being generally suspicious of some newbies (or new to the Singles part of CF anyway) based on their posting style. I never thought you were a troll. Was I welcoming to you? I imagine not. :sorry: I like to get a feel for a person (here on CF that means reading a decent amount of their posts) before I interact with them much. I don't know anything about someone initially, so it's harder to know anything about their personality and how they make take certain things (especially here where you don't have body language and tone of voice....emoticons can be a poor substitute). Of course, people tend to feel ignored even after making a ton of posts sometimes, like me. (I don't feel ignored now, but I have felt that way recently enough.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rose of Eden
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
When I first started posting here, which was around last September/October but I doubt anyone remembers, I sort of got this vibe from people. I never noticed the welcome thread and figured that because I was new no one cared enough for me to bother making a face the board thread, so I just started posting in topics and jumping into conversations. I was very shy and I'm naturally reserved so I offered zero information about myself except for my opinions. For the longest time I felt like people totally ignored me and my posts on here. I still felt like this until only very recently. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but to be honest, it did hurt a little bit. It finally occurred to me that maybe the people here thought I was a troll because I never properly introduced myself in the Singles forum (though I did in the newbie forum for the entire CF). I don't know if they actually did, but it kind of felt like it lol! And for all I know, you all might still think I'm a troll lol!

I feel this way right now Rosalie...but it's ok for me. I understand people being reluctant to hesitant to engage the newbie. I'm just gonna keep posting and joining in chats and watching Firefly and some people notice me a bit already! :)

Reactions: Rose of Eden
Upvote 0