NNEye

May 22, 2014
United States
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I am a new member and this is my first thread.

What would happen to those who never heard of Christ's death and resurrection after he died and rose to reconcile us to God the Father? :confused:

Would they be sentenced to hell, since Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 14:6)? If so, how is that a fair judgement to make? Under what basis would they be sentenced to hell?

If not, would Jesus' command to preach the Gospel to every nation be detrimental, since they would be given an option of accepting and rejecting Jesus Christ rather than going to heaven automatically out of ignorance? Under what basis would they go to heaven?

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What would happen to those who never heard of Christ's death and resurrection after he died and rose to reconcile us to God the Father? :confused:

Would they be sentenced to hell, since Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 14:6)? If so, how is that a fair judgement to make? Under what basis would they be sentenced to hell?

If not, would Jesus' command to preach the Gospel to every nation be detrimental, since they would be given an option of accepting and rejecting Jesus Christ rather than going to heaven automatically out of ignorance? Under what basis would they go to heaven?

God has already given to everyone the seed of faith.
he has already given them this life and with it comes conscience of what is good and evil.
then he has declared himself through out the entire creation,by creation he shows that "he is" and that he is glorious.

so it is written:
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.

and again:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.… so....seeing there is an abundance of evidence which God has shouted at us... we will be held responsible if we refused to seek him ...for he said"if you seek me i will be found of you"... which means when you open your heart to seek him he will jump up and say here..I AM.

thus..only judgment awaits those who refused to seek.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 12:41-48
41Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?” 42And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? 43Blessed is that servanti whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 45But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful. 47And that servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. 48But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

I think that God will exact perfect justice. I think if they really didn't know, then they won't be punished as harshly as someone who knew but did wrong.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 12:41-48
41Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?” 42And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? 43Blessed is that servanti whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 45But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful. 47And that servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. 48But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

I think that God will exact perfect justice. I think if they really didn't know, then they won't be punished as harshly as someone who knew but did wrong.
level of hell and rewards of heaven.
but the Op speaks/asks of them getting to heaven at all.
if any dont..the op can be assured that is what the person chose and god is,as you point out-Just .:)

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Under what basis would they be sentenced to hell?

Under the basis of guilt. All humans are guilty of sin and cannot create their own salvation, so all deserve hell. Fortunately, God has his mysteries. We are fortunate to live in countries where the gospel can be preached openly and Christians can live in freedom. God has a plan for those who are not so fortunate, and that plan may include the fact that he put them there for a reason. Tornadoes blow down churches. Children die from cancer. And some people just never get to hear the gospel. The world seems unfair, but we have to trust that God is both just and merciful.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There are things we do not see, we do not know, and do not understand. But God knows, sees and understands all things. Therein comes our faith, hope and trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Under what basis would they go to heaven?

In my humble opinion, Jesus answers this question:

"Jesus answered and said unto him, verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".

John 3:3
KJV

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; that which is born of the Spirit is spirit".

John 3:6
KJV

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello friend. Note in your Bible that we are all born in sin (the malady of death), so we will all surely perish because we are outside the holiness of God; but the grace of God came down in Jesus -the Christ of God, to redeem lost souls through the Cross. Receiving the Savior brings life.

Now as to not hearing of Him, let us note that election helps to explain that --God in His "forknowledge" knows the end from the beginning, and He knows who will receive Him in time and who would not. The elect will hear of the Saviour. It is not about "fairness" --we all deserve condemnation for loving " the wages of sin".

Yes, we should all preach Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord to all around us, but no one's salvation is dependent on our works or failures --its all about our faithfulness to serve and honor our God. Look up!

Upvote 0