Salvation Army supports Planned Parenthood & defys Catholic morality.

A

Antisock

So, the bottom line here argument for you here is;

Mother life is not worth more than the previable fetus, which is going to die if she dies.

No, there are always exceptions. Willfully killing a baby is a value judgment.

If the pregnancy is going to kill the mother, too bad for the mother, she'll just have to die along with the fetus.

I'm really having a hard time accepting this way of belief and I'm almost willing to bet, if any of you find your wife in such a situation, you'll opt for terminating the pregnancy to save her life.

Yea, its not easy to trust God sometimes. It is however is an insult to God to doubt in His mercy. Both mother and child's lives are in Gods hands. Everyones is. We do not play God by choosing who gets to live or die. No one is less than human.

Its one thing to talk about it, its another to live through it.
Maybe I have, how do you know?

My wife was recommended to terminate twice and we have known many others who have been or recommend to sterilize as well and went on to have healthy babies and full lives. The Dr.'s were liars. This happens every day somewhere.

In our case, faith was put in God and though one child was lost, both times, mom was OK and one child was born, who was not not considered worth it by the decievers trying to get her terminated, but sure was wanted by God and what a gift she is. She is a living saint.

Your completely mixed up if you think you get to choose who lives or dies by placing a value on who is worth more. Thats a false compassion bro. Everyone is worth living.

Oh, and Happy New Year. :D

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Antisock;

Yea, its not easy to trust God sometimes. It is however is an insult to God to doubt in His mercy. Both mother and child's lives are in Gods hands. Everyones is. We do not play God by choosing who gets to live or die. No one is less than human.

I know about trusting in God's mercy, believe me. When my son was born permaturely at 27 weeks, and his entire system shut down and they were ready to pull all the tubes and monitors off him so we could go into a room and hold him until he died, my wife and I placed it all in God's hands. He turned around and is 30 years old today, but does have cerebral palsy. There is much more we went through where we had to rely on God's mercy, so I'm well experienced in it.

But there are times God's mercy is in the people he sends us, i.e. doctors. We can't just blow them off like a Jehovah's Witnesses and wait for God to act when he already did.

My wife was recommended to terminate twice and we have known many others who have been or recommend to sterilize as well and went on to have healthy babies and full lives. The Dr.'s were liars. This happens every day somewhere.

Was your wife in a hospital at the point of death?

My wife was told not to get pregnant, because she would miscarry. We chose to follow Church teaching and she did get pregnant and the story above is what we went through.

Don't get me wrong, my son is God's blessing. But medically, the doctors were right. If my wife got pregnant and got to three months, we risked having a premature birth. They were right.

In our case, faith was put in God and though one child was lost, both times, mom was OK and one child was born, who was not not considered worth it by the decievers trying to get her terminated, but sure was wanted by God and what a gift she is. She is a living saint.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Now put yourself and your wife's in the place of the mother in Arizona. She's not being told she might die, she's told she is dying. She has four children and a husband. The fetus is 11 weeks. I don't know what her level of faith was, but I know she wanted to live. Perhaps the answer to her prayers were the doctors that saved her life and gave her the only advice they could give her?

Your completely mixed up if you think you get to choose who lives or dies by placing a value on who is worth more. Thats a false compassion bro. Everyone is worth living.

Its not a choce of either or, but both will die if nothing is done. Only one life can possibly be saved and that was the mother's.

Anyway, as I said on the other thread. I know the Church's teaching on this. I can wrap my mind around it, but not my heart.

I'm going to give it a break and pray on this.

But for now, I side on the life of the mother in this situation.

Jim

Upvote 0
A

Antisock

But for now, I side on the life of the mother in this situation.

Jim

Thats the value judgment that is your mistake. I know folks have "Dr.s" working to convince them. Don't be a fool. This is a spiritual situation as much as a physical one. Dr.s have lost their ethics. Thats all there is to it.

My first child was when I was way to young. Many said he shouldn't have been brought into the world because we were just kids ourselves.

My second wasn't supposed to able to physically be born and is this day built like a brick house more healthy than I ever was.

My 3rd was supposed to kill his mom. The Dr. actually fought for sterilization on that one. NOT Gods will.

My 4th had a defect and we both know whats pushed in that case. Discard and destroy.

Well hate to tell you, she is a living angel and saint and the most blessed of them all.

My 5th didn't make it and caused sterilization for mom. She is our intercessor in heaven.

NEVER and I mean NEVER, not once did we accept anyones VALUE judgments or this hogwash that God speaks through anyone trying to play God.

If we had, NONE of my kids would have been born.

No one and I mean no one, has the right to choose who gets to live and die except for God. I understand that sometimes there are grave tests and people fall into doing that by no fault of their own. Its still a fall.

You pray, and pray hard, because you need to know what trusting in God is. And thanks for making me relive these moments. My gratitude to God just increased.

Upvote 0