Salvation and the coming prophecy

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that this prophecy is a future eschatological view of what Christ (God)warns will happen.

Did you know you can believe in Jesus Christ (God) and not be saved?

Did you know that you can call yourself a Christian and defend the Bible and not be saved?

You can even prophesy in Christs name (God), and yep, he can still deny you..

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In the future, many "Christians" are going to wonder why Christ (God) denied them.

It is written.

Many Church going, bible toting Christians are going to be denied by Christ (God)..

How can this be?

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

As you can see, God (Jesus Christ) clearly demonstrates in Isaiah how he can be honored by lips and with the mouth while the heart is far from God.

Have you ever thought about whether you believe in Christ(God)? Or KNOW Christ? (God)

Now is the time to evaluate this, there is no point in waiting for yourself to be desperate when you have the truth of Christ in this very moment.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Mat_6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Find your treasure in Christ.

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are YOU "Christian"?
Do you TRY to be a follower of Jesus Christ or do you just like to run your mouth?
Are you liberal like Jesus Christ or just a conservative who pretends to be Christian?
Do you own or use weapons when Jesus Christ never did?
Do you fight back when people slap you in the face or do you allow them to slap you on the other cheek?
Do you CHOOSE to walk a second mile when someone forces you to walk a first mile?
Do you offer a person your shirt when they want to take your coat?
Do you treat the physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, women who have had abortions, homosexuals, etc., with the utmost respect, or do you treat them with disdain?

THAT is what is known as being "Christian".
THAT is what as known as being a follower of Jesus Christ.
NOT conservative Christian nonsense that MANY so-called Christians believe in and FALSELY attribute to the words, teachings, and examples of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are YOU "Christian"?
Do you TRY to be a follower of Jesus Christ or do you just like to run your mouth?

I try my best..

Are you liberal like Jesus Christ or just a conservative who pretends to be Christian?

I think this forum would attest to my liberal posts..

Do you own or use weapons when Jesus Christ never did?

I don't own any weapons, nor have I "used" them.

I do have some butter and steak knives, does that count?

Do you fight back when people slap you in the face or do you allow them to slap you on the other cheek?

I don't get into fisticuffs.

Do you CHOOSE to walk a second mile when someone forces you to walk a first mile?

I usually get the blunt end of the stick, if that answers your question.

Do you offer a person your shirt when they want to take your coat?

I give alms in secret, lest I become a hypocrite.

Do you treat the physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, women who have had abortions, homosexuals, etc., with the utmost respect, or do you treat them with disdain?

Disdain?

Homosexuality is a sin, Abortion is murder.

Do I condemn them? Nope, but I don't promote it either.

Who would mistreat a handicapped person?????

THAT is what is known as being "Christian".
THAT is what as known as being a follower of Jesus Christ.
NOT conservative Christian nonsense that MANY so-called Christians believe in and FALSELY attribute to the words, teachings, and examples of Jesus Christ.

So I don't need faith in Christ for salvation?? I just have to do those good works mentioned above and Im saved??

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I try my best..

I don't own any weapons, nor have I "used" them.

I do have some butter and steak knives, does that count?

I don't get into fisticuffs.

I usually get the blunt end of the stick, if that answers your question.

I give alms in secret, lest I become a hypocrite.

Disdain?

Homosexuality is a sin, Abortion is murder.

Do I condemn them? Nope, but I don't promote it either.

Who would mistreat a handicapped person?????

So I don't need faith in Christ for salvation?? I just have to do those good works mentioned above and Im saved??
The definition of the word "Christianity" is being "Christ-like".
A "Christian" TRIES to behave in the way that Jesus Christ told us to behave. He gave us some instructions in the behavior that He prefers.
Having faith in Jesus Christ but NOT accepting His words is NOT Christian.
Unfortunately, the VAST number of people who CLAIM to be Christian HATE the words of Jesus Christ and do everything in their power to ignore them or even refute them. So they make up their own words - CLAIM that they are the words of Jesus Christ, and then have the gall to call themselves Christian.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The definition of the word "Christianity" is being "Christ-like".
A "Christian" TRIES to behave in the way that Jesus Christ told us to behave. He gave us some instructions in the behavior that He prefers.
Having faith in Jesus Christ but NOT accepting His words is NOT Christian.
Unfortunately, the VAST number of people who CLAIM to be Christian HATE the words of Jesus Christ and do everything in their power to ignore them or even refute them. So they make up their own words - CLAIM that they are the words of Jesus Christ, and then have the gall to call themselves Christian.

How can you have faith in Christ, but not accept his words?

Is that even possible?

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How can you have faith in Christ, but not accept his words?

Is that even possible?
Apparently, to MANY so-called Christians - it is.
There have been people on this site who have mocked me when I state Matthew 6:5-6, when Jesus told us to pray in private. They would prefer to raise their arms so that they can be seen by all of the others how "holy" they are - EXACTLY what Jesus told us NOT to do.
As I stated before, Jesus NEVER owned or used a weapon, yet people HATE this fact and BELIEVE that He wants them to own them so that they can defend themselves - which is NOT what Jesus Christ wants us to do at all.
In other words, if Jesus told us to allow a person to punch our other cheek, I'm quite positive that He would want us to stand and face a gun man - whatever the consequences.

This is the Jesus Christ that I follow - the liberal Jesus Christ - and NOT the fake conservative Jesus Christ that the vast majority of so-called Christians follow.
Just because you are new to this site, and I have been away for awhile, I will tell you my main Christian philosophy - HATED by the vast majority of Christians. There is no such thing as a "Conservative Christian". That phrase is an oxymoron. A person is either a conservative or he is a Christian. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be both.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2013
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently, to MANY so-called Christians - it is.
There have been people on this site who have mocked me when I state Matthew 6:5-6, when Jesus told us to pray in private. They would prefer to raise their arms so that they can be seen by all of the others how "holy" they are - EXACTLY what Jesus told us NOT to do.
As I stated before, Jesus NEVER owned or used a weapon, yet people HATE this fact and BELIEVE that He wants them to own them so that they can defend themselves - which is NOT what Jesus Christ wants us to do at all.
In other words, if Jesus told us to allow a person to punch our other cheek, I'm quite positive that He would want us to stand and face a gun man - whatever the consequences.

This is the Jesus Christ that I follow - the liberal Jesus Christ - and NOT the fake conservative Jesus Christ that the vast majority of so-called Christians follow.
Just because you are new to this site, and I have been away for awhile, I will tell you my main Christian philosophy - HATED by the vast majority of Christians. There is no such thing as a "Conservative Christian". That phrase is an oxymoron. A person is either a conservative or he is a Christian. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be both.

Hello John S,

Can you expand on what you mean by the 'liberal Jesus Christ'?.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Like this one?:

I don't normally discuss scripture with women, unless instructing my wife in the ways of the Written Word, or I am witnessing to someone....

If that is what you call a "liberal" post, I'm on the edge of my seat with curiosity about what you think a "conservative" post is...

Homosexuality is a sin

The Act only, or is simply being gay a sin too?

Plenty of Celibate Homosexuals out there.

Speaking of Sinners, Did you ever end up removing that plank from your eye so you could see straight enough to cast that first stone at the Gays?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your Christ in post#2 does not line up with the biblical Jesus Christ of the KJV Bible. You could very easily replace your 'Christ' with the name John Lennon.
Of course MY Jesus Christ doesn't line up with YOUR Jesus Christ. I would expect nothing less from a conservative.

Are you also going to deny that Jesus Christ spoke the words - "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone"?
In other words, HIS followers aren't supposed to condemn the people that we consider to be sinners. We are NOT supposed to condemn homosexuals. We are supposed to treat them with respect and let God worry about the rest.
We are NOT supposed to condemn women who have had abortions. We are supposed to treat them with respect and let God worry about the rest.

As I said MOST so-called Christians actually HATE the words and examples of Jesus Christ and make up their own.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your Christ in post#2 does not line up with the biblical Jesus Christ of the KJV Bible. You could very easily replace your 'Christ' with the name John Lennon.

Exactly...

People believe in a works based faith..

Missing the simplicity of the Gospel..

Upvote 0