Salt of the Earth - Traditional Catholics

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The poll closed yesterday and; "Salt of the Earth - Traditional Catholics" won by a landslide.

Congratulations to all those who voted for the winner and better luck next time to those who didn't :)

Do you know more about how long it will take to have our new forum up and running @Tallguy88 ?

Btw thanks for organising the election and for all of your contributions Tallguy it's highly appreciated :)

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I like the name! Thank God it was not preservative Catholics! ;) @ LWU.
^_^
Somehow a jar of jam came to mind.

Salt of the earth is ok. :)

I just need directions - like where will it be placed?

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wait a second - the Traditional forum is in here - but not the liberals?
:eek: lol
Just a miscommunication is all. I'm working on getting it moved.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
but since it is traditional it should be housed in here.
That would make it impossible to discuss SSPX and Sede beliefs, and that was one of the prime reasons given for why the forum was needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
but their re-unification with Rome is a possibility, and Rome is working towards that.
Surely our similarities outweigh our differences.
So who do we have to talk to on staff in order to stay attached to OBOB?
You need to work it out amongst yourselves first. The original requestors of the forum wanted it to be separate. So get a broad consensus to keep it here, and I'll ask that it stay.

But it will limit what you can post about since OBOB SoP will apply to it. So no arguing against Vatican 2, no arguing against the Novus Ordo, no suggesting Pope Francis is not the real pope or questions about his teachings, etc. My understanding was that that kind of freedom was desired by the members wanting the Trad forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ok. But just a heads up, this is supposed to be the "dissenting to the right of Rome" forum to give equal footing to that group as the "dissenting to the left" group has with TLT. If you have it stay in OBOB, dissent won't be allowed because it will be under OBOB rules and so it won't be a Trad equivalent of TLT.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think TLT would be interested in being a subform here but if the Traditional Catholics are I'd be more than happy for them to have their own forum here. The community is fragmenting too much imo.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The agreement for having the new forum involved it being in a separate location to allow disagreement with Vatican II and the Statement was written for that. Kind of moving the goal posts now to make it a subforum of OBOB. It will not be allowed under the rules to have the kind of conversations desired that were expressed in the thread that created it.

The is the Pope valid stuff, Prophecy of two Popes with Pope Francis being invalid...that has been tolerated in OBOB because the new forum was on its way. But technically it should not have been allowed even in speculation. That can be allowed and discussed if it is not part of OBOB as long as it does not directly attack the Pope. But just be aware that if it is part of OBOB it is under OBOB's statement to some extent and the kind of conversations that were proposed that resulted in the writing of the statement would be reportable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
For example...all the Pope forced to resign and Francis Mafia stuff and the kind of things the Remnent site advocates as well as 1Peter5...that would be a very big problem for something that was part of OBOB given the rules.

Upvote 0