alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SACRIFICE OF JESUS AND ITS MEANING

Traditional view of the church and of Christians in general is this that Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross gives salvation to all without exception, and we are all surely saved.

Such assumption based on the General Terminology of the Bible, describing Sacrifice of Christ as an ultimate Sacrifice for all times and for all generations to come, which is complete truth, but it is not true that His Sacrifice saves everyone on Earth automatically.

But, as everything in the Bible is conditional and based on a certain requirements, regulations, statutes, commandments, principals, and ideals, and so is the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ as well also relates to a certain conditions and requirements that must be fulfilled, other wise His Sacrifice on the cross will not extend to those who do not observing and do not following those important commandments and regulation concerning His Sacrifice in order to be saved.

James, one of the four brothers of Christ, perfectly explained such condition when people believe in Christ but do not follow His Commandments, and because of it their salvation is not reached them yet.

James 2.19-20

19.You believe that GOD is One, you do well, the demons also believe and shudder.

(Demons know the Christ too: (Mark 1.34) (Luke 4.41) (James 2.19)

20.But are you willing to recognize you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

This means that believing in Christ but not following His Commandments and Statutes, will not bring to anyone expected forgiveness of sins and subsequently salvation of the soul.

But in order to be saved by the Blood of Christ, Faith in His Commandments which is resulting in good and godly deeds according to His principals and teachings, is the must requirement for the salvation of the souls by the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Those who claimed to be saved by the Sacrifice of Christ on the cross, but do not fulfilled the Requirements and Commandments attached to it, cannot be saved by His Sacrifice alone.

Such misconception as saved by the Sacrifice of Christ and by nothing else, very popular among Christians of all sorts of denominations, and it is also very misleading.

Basically such point of view derives from the misunderstanding, and mostly of the lack of knowledge about sacrifices of the animals during pre-Christian era performed for forgiveness of sins, for sanctification, and for purification of the people before GOD by the blood of the animals.

Sacrifice of Christ directly relates to these rituals of animal sacrifices, and they became as forerunners of Him Who was prepared to be the ultimate Sacrifice, once and for all.

If a person who brought a sacrificial animal, and if such animals is not perfect, with blemish, or a wrong kind, and if it was still offered to the Lord for forgiveness of sin and ultimately for salvation of the soul, such sacrifice would not be accepted by GOD.

And if a sacrificial animal was perfect, but a person who brought it did not repented for his sins, and still doing wrong and evil, and do not followed Statutes and Commandments of the Lord, his sacrifice would do nothing for his well-being or for forgiveness of his sins and for salvation of his soul, but would do actually absolutely opposite of it, will condemn him and reckoned to him as a sin.

1Samuel 15.22
22.And Samuel said, "Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Surely to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams."

Proverbs 21.3.27
3.To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

27.The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination, how much more when brought with evil intent.

Hosea 6.6
6."I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of GOD rather than burnt offerings.”

Isaiah 1.11.16-17

11."What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices?"Says the Lord, "I have enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed beasts, I do not delight in the blood of bulls or lambs or of goats.

16.Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean, remove the evil of your deeds from My sight, cease do evil.

17.Learn to do good, seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow."

Matthew 9.13

13."Go and learn what this means 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.”

Matthew 12.7

7."But if you had known what this means, 'I desire compassion and not a sacrifice', you would not have condemned the innocent."

And here something for the church traditions and entertainment.

Amos 5.21.23-24

21."I hate, I reject your festivals, nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies.

23.Take away from Me the noise of your songs, I will not even listen to the sound of your harps.

24.But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."

And there is much more written in the Bible concerning this issue, but I took the most bright examples to show, that by Sacrifice of Jesus Christ alone, no one can be forgiven and saved

You have to be righteous, merciful, loving, compassioned, and just, according to the Statutes of the Lord, and obey His Commandments, and only then the Blood of the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ will wash you sins and will save your soul.

It is a false church doctrine that preaches, “We saved by the Sacrifice of Christ,” but church hardly ever mentions what else is required in order to be saved with such Sacrifice as of Jesus Christ, and I mean His Commandments, His Conditions, and His regulations. Without observing them, there is no salvation for anyone.

The point of this thread is this, that just like GOD rejected sacrifices of those Israelites who do not followed His Commandments and His Statutes, even if their sacrifices were appropriate and according to the Law, the same rejection will come and from Jesus Christ to those who worship Him and praise Him in the church, but do not follow His Commandments and His Statutes, and so, they hope on Him for salvation, because of His Sacrifice for them, will be in vain.

Matthew 7.21

21.”Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in Heaven.”

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think baptists in general know that faith without works is dead. Cos we read James and its in the bible.
I dont think thats a problematic doctrine taught in baptist churches. I dont know about other churches. There may be individuals who go to a church who might mistakenly believe that faith means you dont do any good works at all and just live like a heathen while going to church as well and nobody can even tell your fruits but then these people obviously arent saved and we need to pray for them.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
SACRIFICE OF JESUS AND ITS MEANING

Traditional view of the church and of Christians in general is this that Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross gives salvation to all without exception, and we are all surely saved.

Such assumption based on the General Terminology of the Bible, describing Sacrifice of Christ as an ultimate Sacrifice for all times and for all generations to come, which is complete truth, but it is not true that His Sacrifice saves everyone on Earth automatically.

But, as everything in the Bible is conditional and based on a certain requirements, regulations, statutes, commandments, principals, and ideals, and so is the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ as well also relates to a certain conditions and requirements that must be fulfilled, other wise His Sacrifice on the cross will not extend to those who do not observing and do not following those important commandments and regulation concerning His Sacrifice in order to be saved.

James, one of the four brothers of Christ, perfectly explained such condition when people believe in Christ but do not follow His Commandments, and because of it their salvation is not reached them yet.

James 2.19-20

19.You believe that GOD is One, you do well, the demons also believe and shudder.

(Demons know the Christ too: (Mark 1.34) (Luke 4.41) (James 2.19)

20.But are you willing to recognize you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

This means that believing in Christ but not following His Commandments and Statutes, will not bring to anyone expected forgiveness of sins and subsequently salvation of the soul.

But in order to be saved by the Blood of Christ, Faith in His Commandments which is resulting in good and godly deeds according to His principals and teachings, is the must requirement for the salvation of the souls by the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Those who claimed to be saved by the Sacrifice of Christ on the cross, but do not fulfilled the Requirements and Commandments attached to it, cannot be saved by His Sacrifice alone.

Such misconception as saved by the Sacrifice of Christ and by nothing else, very popular among Christians of all sorts of denominations, and it is also very misleading.

Basically such point of view derives from the misunderstanding, and mostly of the lack of knowledge about sacrifices of the animals during pre-Christian era performed for forgiveness of sins, for sanctification, and for purification of the people before GOD by the blood of the animals.

Sacrifice of Christ directly relates to these rituals of animal sacrifices, and they became as forerunners of Him Who was prepared to be the ultimate Sacrifice, once and for all.

If a person who brought a sacrificial animal, and if such animals is not perfect, with blemish, or a wrong kind, and if it was still offered to the Lord for forgiveness of sin and ultimately for salvation of the soul, such sacrifice would not be accepted by GOD.

And if a sacrificial animal was perfect, but a person who brought it did not repented for his sins, and still doing wrong and evil, and do not followed Statutes and Commandments of the Lord, his sacrifice would do nothing for his well-being or for forgiveness of his sins and for salvation of his soul, but would do actually absolutely opposite of it, will condemn him and reckoned to him as a sin.

1Samuel 15.22
22.And Samuel said, "Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Surely to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams."

Proverbs 21.3.27
3.To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

27.The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination, how much more when brought with evil intent.

Hosea 6.6
6."I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of GOD rather than burnt offerings.”

Isaiah 1.11.16-17

11."What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices?"Says the Lord, "I have enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed beasts, I do not delight in the blood of bulls or lambs or of goats.

16.Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean, remove the evil of your deeds from My sight, cease do evil.

17.Learn to do good, seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow."

Matthew 9.13

13."Go and learn what this means 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.”

Matthew 12.7

7."But if you had known what this means, 'I desire compassion and not a sacrifice', you would not have condemned the innocent."

And here something for the church traditions and entertainment.

Amos 5.21.23-24

21."I hate, I reject your festivals, nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies.

23.Take away from Me the noise of your songs, I will not even listen to the sound of your harps.

24.But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."

And there is much more written in the Bible concerning this issue, but I took the most bright examples to show, that by Sacrifice of Jesus Christ alone, no one can be forgiven and saved

You have to be righteous, merciful, loving, compassioned, and just, according to the Statutes of the Lord, and obey His Commandments, and only then the Blood of the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ will wash you sins and will save your soul.

It is a false church doctrine that preaches, “We saved by the Sacrifice of Christ,” but church hardly ever mentions what else is required in order to be saved with such Sacrifice as of Jesus Christ, and I mean His Commandments, His Conditions, and His regulations. Without observing them, there is no salvation for anyone.

The point of this thread is this, that just like GOD rejected sacrifices of those Israelites who do not followed His Commandments and His Statutes, even if their sacrifices were appropriate and according to the Law, the same rejection will come and from Jesus Christ to those who worship Him and praise Him in the church, but do not follow His Commandments and His Statutes, and so, they hope on Him for salvation, because of His Sacrifice for them, will be in vain.

Matthew 7.21

21.”Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in Heaven.”
I am afraid that you are the one who does not know or understand the nature of the sacrifice of Christ. You need to do a thorough study of the book of Hebrews. In it we find that all that blood which flowed daily in the Temple could never take away sin. It simply pointed to the One who would put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. One of the first things the writer teaches us in chapter one verse three is that the Lord Jesus purged the sin of believers and sat down because the work was finished. We add nothing to the finished work of Christ especially our obedience. We are accepted of God because of Christ alone not anything that we do. Everything that we would add to the work of the Lord Jesus would be corrupt and impure. Our righteousness is the perfect righteousness of Christ and we need nothing more. Our holiness is the pure holiness of Christ and we need nothing more. We are accepted in the Beloved and can come boldly to the throne of grace crying Abba Father.

Now that doesn't mean that we can make a profession of faith and then live like hell. All who truly look to Christ alone and see in Him all and enough live according to love for Him. We obey Him because we love Him not in order to gain something from Him. We already have all the blessings of God in Christ and we can never earn anything for He has already earned it for us. We rest in Christ, that is we do nothing in order to be saved, and are then free to work by love not by compulsion.

I am afraid that you would do exactly what the Apostle Paul spoke so vehemently against in Galatians. You would again put believers under the yoke of bondage to the law which none but Christ could bear. You would strip all joy and peace from the heart of the believer because we can never live up to the standard. Or you would make men so self righteous that they wouldn't need Christ just like the Pharisees. The Lord Jesus warned us against the leaven of the Pharisees which leaven your teaching is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear alex2165. Yes, Jesus died for all of us, but only if we follow Jesus back to God again, become followers of Jesus our Saviour. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us what to do: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself."
In verse 40 we are told: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. What do we do? In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive,"
we ask for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We keep doing this and show our Love to God and to our neighbour. (all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start Loving and Caring.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on Loving and Caring.
Jesus died that we might live, all we have to do now is to become the loving and caring men and women of our great God and Father in Heaven. Let us all follow Jesus and become the loving sons and daughters of our great God.
To Love and Obey is the greatest gift we can give to our Heavenly Father, to Jesus who died that we might live, and our neighbour, treat all as we would love to be treated. I say this with love, alex. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This expresses the false teaching of Universalism. But that is not what the Bible teaches. Salvation (the gift of eternal life) is offered to all without exception, but only those who repent and believe the Gospel as saved. Salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done (obedience to God's commandments) but according to His mercy and grace.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is why baptists emphasise somethng no other churches seem to emphasise, the improtance of repentence and being baptised into the body of Christ, and then the sanctification that is the continual washing of his Word.

Justification has always been by grace by which we are saved TO do good works that God has prepared for us to do. Its not the other way round.

There may be some churches that subscribe to easy believism, but as far as I know baptist churches dont. Not to say that some members who attend church arent mistakenly believing they are saved just cos they go to church, I think inidivuals know in themselves whether they are truly following God or not. If they arent, they are going to be convicted esp if they go to a baptist church cos I dont know how many times my pastor has preached about this.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I very much agree with everyone who posted their response to my post, and added certain details and necessities concerning sacrifice of Christ and the salvation that He had brought to us. So in summary we are all agree that by the Sacrifice and the Blood of Christ alone no one can be saved, because we need to be worthy of His Blood, so it would cleanse us from our iniquities and give us forgiveness of sins and subsequently salvation of soul.

And the good point was made in our discussion that we shall be driven not only by the fear of GOD alone to deserve the Blood of Christ, but also and by love for Him, and both, fear and love derive from the obedience to His Commandments and Statutes by those who seek the Lord from their heart, and by the knowledge of GOD and His will.

I only disagree with Twin, because he expressed very traditional and completely false point of view which is a major doctrine of the churches today. He completely missed the point when he wrote that “In it we find that all that blood which flowed daily in the Temple could never take away sin.”

Actually the blood of animals took away many sins of those who truly repented and offered to the Lord appropriate sacrifice according to the Law of GOD. But it cannot be continued forever, and this is that the Book of Hebrews also specified.

40 years after death of Christ the Temple was destroyed completely and service stopped. And immediately after this event the Sacrifice of Christ took effect as everlasting, once for all, Sacrifice for all generation and for all times to come, One Universal Sacrifice.

As Paul mentioned, priests did not last forever, and the Temple was ransack and destroyed number of times, and sacrifice themselves not always been right and appropriately presented to the Lord.

So it was essential for the Lord to substitute this imperfect system with one which is completely perfect and last forever, because time for it has come. And Jesus came at the right time and at the right moment in the history of Israel and entire humanity to be that perfect Sacrifice, and at the same to be also and everlasting Priest Who can forgive sins and save souls according to His worshipers’ heart and intentions.

Twin jumped ahead with traditional assumption that we already blessed and received our forgiveness of sins and salvation without any effort on our part, and he promoted this false doctrine throughout his post, giving all the clichés and dogmas of the church.

I would definitely recommend him not to jump on the New Testament but to read and study the Old Testament first, particularly the ritual of sacrifices that reflect Jesus Christ as one great and everlasting Sin Sacrifice, the most important Sacrifice of them all.

I know for the fact that many churches and particularly some of the Baptist churches as “Goodbook” mentioned, teach that the Old Testament is no longer important and have no practical application for today’s Christians, which is another false doctrine of the church.

While in the same time those hypocrites who saying that “the Law was nailed to the cross and no longer important,” took certain things and regulations from the Old Testament which benefit them financially and in other ways.

So I see the post of Trwin as typical indoctrinated point of view which is far away from the true matter and the meaning of the Sacrifice of Christ.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont think baptist churches ignore the old testament but there is more emphaisis on the new and a lot of baptist churches are made up of gentiles so that could be why.

Eg baptist churches dont really celebrate or explore the jewish feasts. Also a few may be seventh day, as you have seventh day baptists, but wont go the way of a seventh adventist church in regards to kosher food etc.

And i think there is more reliance on the spirit of the law to teach us rather than, as in OT having laws and traditions laid down. In my church anyway our pastor isnt a stickler for tradition for the sake of it, esp the danger of becoming pharisee about it.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I very much agree with everyone who posted their response to my post, and added certain details and necessities concerning sacrifice of Christ and the salvation that He had brought to us. So in summary we are all agree that by the Sacrifice and the Blood of Christ alone no one can be saved, because we need to be worthy of His Blood, so it would cleanse us from our iniquities and give us forgiveness of sins and subsequently salvation of soul.

And the good point was made in our discussion that we shall be driven not only by the fear of GOD alone to deserve the Blood of Christ, but also and by love for Him, and both, fear and love derive from the obedience to His Commandments and Statutes by those who seek the Lord from their heart, and by the knowledge of GOD and His will.

I only disagree with Twin, because he expressed very traditional and completely false point of view which is a major doctrine of the churches today. He completely missed the point when he wrote that “In it we find that all that blood which flowed daily in the Temple could never take away sin.”

Actually your ignorance of both the Old and New Testaments is very clear. All of the Old Testament sacrifices simply pointed to the one sacrifice of Christ that put away sin. Mine is not the traditional view but the Biblical view.

What you espouse is nothing but works salvation which flies in the face of what the Bible clearly teaches.
Actually the blood of animals took away many sins of those who truly repented and offered to the Lord appropriate sacrifice according to the Law of GOD. But it cannot be continued forever, and this is that the Book of Hebrews also specified.

40 years after death of Christ the Temple was destroyed completely and service stopped. And immediately after this event the Sacrifice of Christ took effect as everlasting, once for all, Sacrifice for all generation and for all times to come, One Universal Sacrifice.

As Paul mentioned, priests did not last forever, and the Temple was ransack and destroyed number of times, and sacrifice themselves not always been right and appropriately presented to the Lord.

So it was essential for the Lord to substitute this imperfect system with one which is completely perfect and last forever, because time for it has come. And Jesus came at the right time and at the right moment in the history of Israel and entire humanity to be that perfect Sacrifice, and at the same to be also and everlasting Priest Who can forgive sins and save souls according to His worshipers’ heart and intentions.

Twin jumped ahead with traditional assumption that we already blessed and received our forgiveness of sins and salvation without any effort on our part, and he promoted this false doctrine throughout his post, giving all the clichés and dogmas of the church.

I would definitely recommend him not to jump on the New Testament but to read and study the Old Testament first, particularly the ritual of sacrifices that reflect Jesus Christ as one great and everlasting Sin Sacrifice, the most important Sacrifice of them all.

I know for the fact that many churches and particularly some of the Baptist churches as “Goodbook” mentioned, teach that the Old Testament is no longer important and have no practical application for today’s Christians, which is another false doctrine of the church.

While in the same time those hypocrites who saying that “the Law was nailed to the cross and no longer important,” took certain things and regulations from the Old Testament which benefit them financially and in other ways.

So I see the post of Trwin as typical indoctrinated point of view which is far away from the true matter and the meaning of the Sacrifice of Christ.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Baptists believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. So while all could be saved because of His sacrifice, only those who accept the gift and follow Him are saved. However, once you add 'regulations', it is no longer by grace.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To FreeinChrist.

Let me point out that the Regulations of GOD are all His Grace.

GOD’S Grace revealed itself in His Love, Compassion, Mercy, Understanding, Forgiveness, and Salvation, which is all, derived themselves from His Spiritual Regulations, Commandments, and Statutes. That is the Personality of GOD and His true Grace.

There is no any other grace exist, the only Grace that GOD has is exist in His Own Character and Personality which is a combination of all those Spiritual of qualities of his Soul mentioned above.

And because of His faithful and true nature of His personal Principals and Ideals which He never breaks and forsakes, all of those Principals and Ideals have been revealed also and in His Son Jesus Christ, and not only in teachings, but in His Sacrifice.

Many Christians assume that the Grace of GOD and His Spiritual Laws are two different things, they are not, and it is the same thing and cannot be separated. And this is why by reading the Bible many have been confused and came to a wrong conclusion that only by Grace of GOD alone we saved and not by the Spiritual Laws of GOD.

But when GOD’S people and particularly Peter and Paul wrote about the Law and the Grace of GOD and the Sacrifice of Christ, they put the Grace of GOD (Spiritual Commandments of the Law) above the Law (the physical rituals and customs of the Law), and not above of the Spiritual Commandments of the Law and its 10 Commandments in which the true Grace of GOD is revealed itself.

Only The Law of the physical rituals has been separated from the Spiritual Grace of GOD’S Commandments and Statutes and nothing else.

And this is why so many passages in the Bible declared that only by obeying the Commandments of the Lord the mankind can be forgiven and saved, and here there is no contradiction here, because only in those Commandments and Statutes of GOD which are His true nature and Grace, and by them GOD performed His actions and the Sacrifice of His Son.

Another misconception concerning the Sacrifice of Christ persists in thinking that we saved by the “free Gift of GOD,” meaning the Jesus Christ, and not by the obedience to the Spiritual Laws of GOD, which is also wrong in its root.

Jesus Christ called as a “Free Gift,” because we not have to pay to bring Him up to GOD as a Sacrifice from us for our sins, like it had been done with the animals before Him. When people sacrificed animals to GOD for their sins, they have to lose something from their property, and no one was allowed to appear before GOD empty-handed. Everyone must lose something from their own possession in order to redeem themselves from their sins, which is not free redemption.

But today we do not pay anything for the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and this is why He called in the Bible as a “Free Gift,” because He was offered not from us, but from GOD. And it does not mean at all that by His Sacrifice we have been saved without obedience to His Commandments and Statutes.

Those who do not obey Spiritual Commandments of GOD Father and His Son Jesus Christ, the Blood of Jesus Christ has no effect, and such people still remain in their sins and die in them, because of misunderstanding of Grace of GOD and His Free Gift Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

prophetic774

Aug 31, 2014
✟15,733.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think baptists in general know that faith without works is dead. Cos we read James and its in the bible.
I dont think thats a problematic doctrine taught in baptist churches. I dont know about other churches. There may be individuals who go to a church who might mistakenly believe that faith means you dont do any good works at all and just live like a heathen while going to church as well and nobody can even tell your fruits but then these people obviously arent saved and we need to pray for them.

Upvote 0

prophetic774

Aug 31, 2014
✟15,733.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
SALVATION IS 100% FREE BUT HEAVENLY REWARDS ARE 100% EARNED!!:

Ephesians 2:8,9: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the *GIFT of God—not by works. So that no one can boast. For we are **GOD'S WORKMANSHIP**, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!

John 6:37,39,44: Jesus says, "All that the Father gives to Me **WILL** come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will **NEVER** drive away...And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose **NONE** of all that He has given to Me, but raise them up at the last Day....No one can come to Me **UNLESS** the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the Last Day!!"

Hebrews 11:1,6: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He **REWARDS those who earnestly seek Him!!

Ephesians 6:8: Serve wholeheartedly , as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will **REWARD everyone for what ever good he does!.

Revelation 22:12 Jesus says, “Behold I am coming soon! My **REWARD is with Me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done!”

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, “The Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels and THEN He will **REWARD each person according to what he has done!”

2 Corinthians 5:9,10: We make it our goal to please Him... for we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15: His work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives , he will receive his **REWARD. If it is burned up he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Colossians 3:23-25: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, siince you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a **REWARD. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.

How to Win Heavenly CROWNS:

I Corinthians 9:24-27: Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes in to strict training. They do it to get a **CROWN that will not last; but we do it to get a **CROWN THAT WILL LAST FOREVER! Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly. I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize!

2 John 1:8: Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be **REWARDED fully!. Revelation 3:11: Jesus says, “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your **CROWN!”

2 Timothy 4:7,8: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the **CROWN of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge,will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing!

The **CROWN of Life for those who persevere under trials and persecution:

James 1:12: Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the **CROWN OF LIFE that God has promised to those who love Him!

Revelation 2:10 Jesus says, “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer... Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the **CROWN OF LIFE!”

Matthew 5:11,12: Jesus says, “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, beacuase great is your **REWARD in heaven!”

Hebrews 10:32-36: Remember those earlier days after you had received the Light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publicaly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly **REWARDED. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you receive what He has promised!

heart.gif
rose.gif
angel.gif
heart.gif
rose.gif
angel.gif
heart.gif
rose.gif
angel.gif
heart.gif
rose.gif
angel.gif

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If we are saved by works, then it is no longer of grace. Romans 11:6, 2 Timothy 1:9

Therefore, God's rewards are further manifestations of His grace. Not to mention, even our attempts a righteous deeds are filthy in God's sight. Isaiah 64:6

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes but faith without works is dead, see letter of James.

Lol the age old argument. There is an order to things, and the faith we have with the grace given us prepares us to do good works God has in mind for us to do. We just need to be following his instructions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The requirement of the Christian is not in looking to literal commandments, but following after the Holy Spirit, for He will not lead you into conflict with any good and Holy laws of God He desires you to keep:

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.(law) Rom 7:6

Upvote 0