Sabbatical Year

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Although it is true according to Lev 25 that the trumpets were to be blown on yom kippur. In no way do I nor scores of other Jewish scholars agree that Ez 40 indicates that yom teruah was moved to yom kippur on yovel's.

This assumes the shifting or cancellation of yom teruah on yovel years no? When the text is silent on a matter do we infer what we desire, or rest on what was already instituted? There is no mention of yom teruah 'not' occuring when it usually does. There is only a mention to do something additional on yom kippur during a yovel year.

When I read Ez 40:1 I see it stating it was the beginning of the year on the tenth day of the month. Not that rosh hashanah had been moved to yom kippur on that year.

This is only eluded to in one 'newly' published translation (OJB), and has never been translated this way in the past, nor by any other translation.
Yet that is what yovel means, the time of trumpets.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
well my guess is that when Jesus died it was a Jubilee and that the Father knew when it really was and sent Jesus at just that right time. Since the jews didn't celebrate it at all except when under captivity of some kind hoping to bribe God into getting themselves free , thus who knows why they picked a date. the rest of "his people " christians didn't do it at all either after Jesus It seems they thought pink bunnies and fat guys in red suits was way more fun than giving the land back to the original inhabitants and setting their slaves free and forgiving all old debts ......:p

so probably the best way to find his truth is to go back to our caves, set all of our slaves free, forgive all old debts , not much we can do about land issues now ...and then wait for man to destroy the world and then for the trumpets to start :p.. now maybe that is the best way to know for sure.. :p
That would work with Michael Rood's one year ministry starting with Yeshua's announcement of Jubilee by reading Isaiah 61.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
As I read your post when I read about him revealing his will this popped in my head "a righteous man falls seven times"...Yeshua said we forgive seventy times seven...righteous man would be one who has stopped his own work and come to YHWH's rest...so seven times seven...I believe there is a connection and parable here.
wouldn't that work with the idea that the Jubilee is the 50th but also the first of the next year's count. Because if there was a 50 count instead of 49, you can not get 70 in the cycles of 7 because the Jubilee 50th year would mess up the count..

Jeremiah had a rest of 70 years according to
2 Chronicles 36:20 He [Nebuchadnezzar] carried into exile to Babylon the remnant, who escaped from the sword, and they became servants to him and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power. The land enjoyed its sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested, until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah. In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah, the Lord moved the heart of Cyrus king of Persia to make a proclamation throughout his realm and to put it in writing: "This is what Cyrus king of Persia says: 'The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah. Anyone of his people among you--may the Lord his God be with him, and let him go up.'"
. .. a Jubilee rest for the Land of Israel.
Jeremiah 25:9 I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon," declares the Lord, "and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin. I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years. "But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt," declares the Lord, "and will make it desolate forever.
and this verse is what caused Daniel to pray...
Jeremiah 29:10 This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfil my gracious promise to bring you back to this place."

This makes the Jubilee more in line with prophetic fulfillments than sabbath counts to the next Shemita. It is like the Wave sheaf found in the midst of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. IT is there and in the count but not instrumental in changing the days in which the Feasts of Unleavened Bread is counted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The word Shmetah is translated in the hebrew as "a shaking" or as "to remove, cancel or forgive". God said that it would be a time to forgive debt, transgressions and to allow the land to rest and allow it to regenerate. Shmita literally translates as "dropping" or "release."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The biblical name of the year is Yovel, whose meaning is obscure and has been variously translated. The Greek translation of the Bible, called Septuagint, renders it “a trumpet-blast of liberty” because the year was announced on the tenth day of the seventh month by means of a blast of a shofar, a ram’s horn. The name Jubilee is a Latin corruption of Yovel. The next Jubilee year begins September 23, 2015 and ends October 12, 2016.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There are those who think that we are currently in the 70th Jubilee cycle since the very first Jubilee, which occurred when Joshua led the children of Israel into the promised land and liberated it from the Canaanites. Reese Chronological Bible complied by Frank R. Klassen (Bethany House Publishers, 1977) indicates that the Israelites entered the Promised Land in 1422 B.C. and they also tie the seventh trumpet with Jericho's walls coming down as the start of the Jubilee. The beginning of that liberation was heralded with the blowing of the Yobel rams horns.

1422 + 2015 = 3437/7 = 490 +1 [Jubilee]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
After the seventh millennium, Elohim shall renew His creation. Rav Kattina said: "The world will exist for 6000 years and one (thousand) of destruction" ... We have a teaching which is in agreement with Rav Kattina, as the seventh is the sabbatical year - one in seven years. Likewise the 3 world will rest 1,000 in 7000 ... a thousand years in Your eyes are like yesterday which has passed ... [Psalms 90:4]. (Sanhedrin 97a)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Coincidence or what... Consider Daniel 9:25 and the 7 weeks (49 years). If you take 49 Hebrew years (17460 days) and add it to the date Israel captured Jerusalem on June 7, 1967…you end up at September 23, 2015 which is the Feast of Atonement/Yom Kippur, and next Jubilee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
“hashgachat Hashem,” God’s divine watchfulness, is manifest in specific ways. As a reward for this testimony of a philosophic law, God states, “I will ordain my blessing for you in the 6th year and it will yield crop sufficient for the 3 year period. You will sow in the 8th year but you will eat from the old crop; until the 9th year, until the arrival of its crop, you will eat the old.” http://posnackschool.org/philosophic-testimony-the-sabbatical-and-jubilee-years/

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Visionary, do you happen to have on hand the scripture reference which states the Yovel year is the same as the first year?
I'm thinking about Shavuot, and it isn't the 50th day and the 1st day in one. It's 49 days and then Shavuot - the 50th day. Correct?
No scriptural reference. The 49 cycle works in the count, when it comes to those already held, the prophecy count, and the blood moons of yester years.

There are those who would argue the 50 year cycle but from what I have read so far, they can not pile on connections that would make it work in multiply applications.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Although it is true according to Lev 25 that the trumpets were to be blown on yom kippur. In no way do I nor scores of other Jewish scholars agree that Ez 40 indicates that yom teruah was moved to yom kippur on yovel's.

This assumes the shifting or cancellation of yom teruah on yovel years no? When the text is silent on a matter do we infer what we desire, or rest on what was already instituted? There is no mention of yom teruah 'not' occuring when it usually does. There is only a mention to do something additional on yom kippur during a yovel year.

When I read Ez 40:1 I see it stating it was the beginning of the year on the tenth day of the month. Not that rosh hashanah had been moved to yom kippur on that year.

This is only eluded to in one 'newly' published translation (OJB), and has never been translated this way in the past, nor by any other translation.
I have done much study on the matter and now agree with this statement.

Upvote 0