Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sabbath millenium Does anyone want to defend the concept of a Sabbath millenium in light of the "Sabbath" proclaimed by the letter of Hebrews? I just read the expression in a post by Yeshua as another facet of futurism that I had not heard of. It is quite astounding, given the fact that the letter is an appeal to "rest" because the "Sabbath" has arrived, with pretty pointed warnings about their land being burnt if they don't. I know what that means, and hate to go there.

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it to be true, as the sabbaths were given for a sign (symbolism) of prophecy.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you believe that the millenium is a "Sabbath" for believers or believing Jews? What do you think the first 5 chapters of Hebrews is about, then?

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Hebrews 4:9 There remains therefore a rest to the people of God.

That's a forward looking statement, and promise.:thumbsup:

And I could write a book about the first 5 chapters of Hebrews, but I'll spare you the details.:)

Upvote 0
To "Rest" is to be balanced in law, and it's a parallel to the Yoke of Christ. The Sabbath is a day of observation, as it is described to precede the first day of the week, in spite of what many people do to oppose it, and say that Sunday is the Sabbath day. They argue between what is the Lord's day and the Sabbath day, and only to separate the two as if they are different.

Matthew 28:1
King James Version (KJV)
28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

The Sabbath is recognition of the Covenant made in the Beginning, which was of God and for all generations to follow. His Seed originated in the Beginning, not afterwards. The Sabbath was established as a day of recognition, albeit it is a perpetual ongoing Covenant that never seizes with God if man remains obedient. It's only man that breaks the covenant.

Today's, Sabbath worship is merely a weekly occasion when it should be a continual Resting in Christ's Covenant. We are not to break it off when we leave Church and then re-establish it on Saturday when we go to Church.

The number 7 is as a Covenant of two others made in it. There are many parallel's to a Sabbath, and the Rest in it. Land is to be given a rest every seven years but man has made ways around this with share cropping, or alternate crops between different plants.

This is a form of cheating God and working without His given Sabbath rest's. We humans will experience a Sabbath rest during the Millennium because we will be resting in Him and without man's inventions when He takes it away from us, as it all belongs to Him. The earth will rest for the seventh-thousand year period as a Sabbath Rest. This coincides with the fact that the Creation on Earth is only 6000 yrs thus, plus or minus a few years to date.

The earth itself may be much older but the human population is dated as man lives in "time" and apart from Eternity. When "time" is seized by God, we will then see the beginning of the Eighth day, or better said, Eternity, and without time as man has created.

The Sabbath will someday be kept as it should, and with full understanding of it.

Upvote 0