benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Rhamiel, Christian freedom is the freedom from the slavery of sin and the disordered passions of the flesh. It is the freedom to rise from our fallen state and to be restored to our full humanity. Part of being fully human is the proper use and expression of our sexuality as God has intended it. Such practices are harmful whether both parties gain pleasure from it or not as they debase and distort the authentic expression of married love and therefore wound our humanity.

:amen: the freedom to do what is right and in line with your dignity as a child of God.

Upvote 0

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
no one here is saying that it necessitates any type of fetish.
for an act to be good it has to have good means and a good goal. The goal is mutual enjoyment for husband and wife, the question is can S&M be healthy, no one is saying it is needed
I don't think there is anything healthy about feigning abuse....and that's what it is consentual or not.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟64,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Marriage isn't a license for lust and perversion.

Just as with any sacrament, it has to be treated with the proper respect and dignity and not be sacrilegiously profaned or perverted. The desire to do such things is a symptom of a deeper wound and spiritual disorder that one should seek to heal with authentic divine love and probably some solid spiritual direction.
One man's lust in another's passion.

One man's perversion is another's loving touch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have to question why anyone would want to do this?

Pain and violence, dom/subm,issive type stuff? I have no idea.

As far as tying up and such, perhaps because it's easier to hold a position when bound, or perhaps because it adds to the feeling of relinquishing all control to your spouse, a display of trust and vulnerability. Just two guesses.

Also - while I certainly agree that pain on purpose is a strange idea, I think it's pretty normal to enjoy some minor pain in and out of the bedroom. Just as atheletes enjoy the pain that acompanies a good workout, I think many people probably enjoy some sort of light spanking, hair-pulling, nibbling or whatever in their bedroom. I think that that's fairly normal and not at all illicit.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have to question why anyone would want to do this?
because they are yet to discover who they are in Christ.. yet to discover the purpose they were made for. Dignity as God's children.

IOW, because they are walking in the flesh and not in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Pain and violence, dom/subm,issive type stuff? I have no idea.

As far as tying up and such, perhaps because it's easier to hold a position when bound, or perhaps because it adds to the feeling of relinquishing all control to your spouse, a display of trust and vulnerability. Just two guesses.

Also - while I certainly agree that pain on purpose is a strange idea, I think it's pretty normal to enjoy some minor pain in and out of the bedroom. Just as atheletes enjoy the pain that acompanies a good workout, I think many people probably enjoy some sort of light spanking, hair-pulling, nibbling or whatever in their bedroom. I think that that's fairly normal and not at all illicit.

hey let's not get too graphic here brother..just sayin..might cause some people to stumble..

:wave:

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟64,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
says who?

got to love that relativism.
These are relative terms.

Is a soul kiss a perversion ?

I know those who say yes,

Personally I can't envision foreplay without.

This is relativism, it personal preference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟64,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I don't make it a habit to keep up with such things. Thanks for informing us on it though. :D
well, I just thought, you know, I know that "Do a good turn daily" is the slogan of the Boy Scouts of America.

But I've been a member for 15 years.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.