Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you, war is a silly thing, I wont do it, doubt I could actually kill someone even

Russians want the oil, lord know what the Chechnyans want, but theyll fight it out, until I think inevitably Russia wins, I think we're killing them faster than they are reproducing, they have resorted to using child soldiers because of this, and they were horrid scenarios at first, because the Russian soldiers would not kill children, but the children had AKs (I wonder how they even managed to hold one) and were more than willing to shoot the Russian soldiers

what would happen to Russia if it just withdrew? and what would be so wrong for Chechnya if they just accepted Russian control? i am not familiar with the situation... but nothing could be worth the cost of so many lives.

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
what would happen to Russia if it just withdrew? and what would be so wrong for Chechnya if they just accepted Russian control? i am not familiar with the situation... but nothing could be worth the cost of so many lives.
Chechnya has always been an unstable region with strong autonomous tendencies - Russia has been suppressing rebellions and secessionist movements since the beginning of the 19th century. It's highly unlikely that the Chechens will ever fully accept Russian rule over their country - and given the record of what they had to endure, it's understandable.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
How is that feasible and how is that even fair? The eventual result is that they will kill the prisoner purely on the basis for non converting to Islam.

Would it be more fair if they had just killed him without giving him the chance to convert? It's not "purely" on the basis of rejecting Islam when the guy is an invader.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Russians want the oil, lord know what the Chechnyans want, but theyll fight it out, until I think inevitably Russia wins, I think we're killing them faster than they are reproducing, they have resorted to using child soldiers because of this, and they were horrid scenarios at first, because the Russian soldiers would not kill children, but the children had AKs (I wonder how they even managed to hold one) and were more than willing to shoot the Russian soldiers

Well, I once saw some pictures of child soldiers in a Somalian militia alongside their adult comrades. The assault rifles of the kids were significantly smaller, I guess they were using carbine variants? Yep, child soldiery may be an outrage, but it's not as dorky a thing as people think.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Futuwwa said:
Would it be more fair if they had just killed him without giving him the chance to convert?
Well, no.

He has the chance of life if he pretends to convert to Islam. I say 'pretends' because I see it as extremely likely that prisoners in such positions would simply pretend to convert in order to save their skin.

Hence how I don't see it is feasible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.