Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The head of the Russian Orthodox Church has condemned the use of force in eastern Ukraine, where the Ukrainian government is battling pro-Russian separatists.

“Responsibility for these events now rests primarily with those who use violence instead of dialogue,” said Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, according to an Interfax news agency report..
“We are especially concerned about the use of heavy military equipment in the civil conflict,” he added. “The reason for the use of force is often political radicalism and denial of citizens’ right to express their convictions.”
Patriarch Kirill blames those who use violence instead of dialogue for events in southeastern Ukraine (Interfax)

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The linked article clearly twists what appear to be his actual quotes.

I'm skeptical about accepting any claims at face value. You have to sift through all the sources, carefully, before you can actually be sure that so-and-so really said such-and-such.

Upvote 0
R

russianorth

I dont know a whole lot on the crisis in the Ukrain but my Dad does watch Russian news on satalite and I have co-workers who research these things. As I understand it was the CIA that started the insurection and diliberatly obfuscated any fruitful dialouge that could have led to a peaceful resolution.

What was Russia suppose to do just let their bread basket and only year round port go away? I beleive Russia was defending itself.

Also my limited understanding of revelations leads me to believe that the USA will not exist in its current form duing the end times but Russia will. The USA is going the way of ancient rome with mass extortions of the US people, homosexuality, abortion, break down of the family (family law courts), political correctness and a gross lack of intellectual credibiliity (other than specific universties and specific departments).

It will be interesting to see how things develop in the Ukrain. I dont know why anyone in the Ukrain would be pro west. Much of europe has the same blight as the USA. Sanctioned extortion in the family law courts, easy divorce, etc etc etc. Russia is the only non 3rd world nation that is preventing a one world order.

Sorry this got a little off topic but alot of these events are intertwined.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

Nik0s

Also my limited understanding of revelations leads me to believe that the USA will not exist in its current form duing the end times but Russia will. The USA is going the way of ancient rome with mass extortions of the US people, homosexuality, abortion, break down of the family (family law courts), political correctness and a gross lack of intellectual credibiliity (other than specific universties and specific departments).
This is not Orthodox theology. Be careful with private interpretations of scripture outside the Church.

Upvote 0