Russia threatens Denmark with nukes if they join NATO defense shield

A

aChildOfMary

Well, installing a weapon shield that defends Western Europe against any potential nuclear attacks from the East is a provoking thing to do and of course it will affect the relationship between The west and Kreml.

The balance of power is broken.
The west including the US has then the possibility to attack Russia without being afraid of an Russian vendetta.

Why is Europe and US so afraid of Russia?
The US is the only nation that has been ruthless enough in the past to attack civil targets with Nuclear force.
If anything the world should be afraid of America.

No wonder the Russians think like they do...
As soon as the west holds of any further provokations the newly created cold war will be over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, installing a weapon shield that defends Western Europe against any potential nuclear attacks from the East is a provoking thing do to and of course it will affect the relationship between The west and Kreml.

The west including the US has then the possibility to attack Russia without being afraid of an Russian vendetta.

The US is the only nation that has been ruthless enough in the past to attack civil targets with Nuclear force.

As soon as the west holds of any further provokations the newly created cold war will be over.

You Romans are all just a bunch of Russian apologists.

We Orthodox tend to view Russia with sober equanimity.

Wait...what?

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
S

SeventhValley

Well, installing a weapon shield that defends Western Europe against any potential nuclear attacks from the East is a provoking thing do to and of course it will affect the relationship between The west and Kreml.

WW2 was a war of all against all. Thus all was allowed. The US was attacked before it even entered the war.

Also even the worst behavior of the US is peanuts compared to what other countries do. We just have the balls to self criticize and get our warts published for all to see.

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

Also even the worst behavior of the US is peanuts compared to what other countries do. We just have the balls to self criticize and get our warts published for all to see.

Camp X-Ray alone is far from peanuts!
To go around and police other nations in the scale which the US has and still does while still running Guatanamo Bay themselves is so so utterly hypocritical and abnoushes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The move to target Danish warships seems like a strategic & tactical assessment of hostile military units on the part of the Russians if a war would erupt. The propaganda of the threats added seems like a logical move to intimidate & neutralize a potential hostile foe.

Whatever Russia will do to survive will almost always be murderous, harsh, & brutal. What they are reacting to though, I believe, are hostile intentions by the USA 1 party Democrapublican state to isolate & possibly destroy Russia as guinea pig nations like Iraq (destroyed by the Bush/Cheney/McCain syndicate of the Crapublican party) & Syria (destroyed by the Democrap Clinton/Obama/Al Sharpton syndicate) were destroyed. Of course, the current USA slumlord has a nobel peace prize to brag about.

Forgive me a sinner. I will be held accountable at the judgment for my tone here but sometimes I just get so frustrated & usually avoid politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hasn't Denmark been through enough recently with the terrorist attacks and whatnot? Sheesh. I'm not saying Russia has nothing to worry about, either, but this whole devolution of Europe into...whatever all this threatening and posturing is all about, I just don't get it. At a time when the West could really use some strong leadership in general to stand up to the threats of the Islamist nutcases, none can be found, but Russia can threaten Denmark over something that sounds like a revived Reagan-era defense project.

Radicals from Libya through the Middle East are threatening the West, Russia is threatening Western Europe, the world economy is in the toilet...alright, who set the wayback machine to 1985? Knock it off already.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hasn't Denmark been through enough recently with the terrorist attacks and whatnot? Sheesh. I'm not saying Russia has nothing to worry about, either, but this whole devolution of Europe into...whatever all this threatening and posturing is all about, I just don't get it. At a time when the West could really use some strong leadership in general to stand up to the threats of the Islamist nutcases, none can be found, but Russia can threaten Denmark over something that sounds like a revived Reagan-era defense project.

Radicals from Libya through the Middle East are threatening the West, Russia is threatening Western Europe, the world economy is in the toilet...alright, who set the wayback machine to 1985? Knock it off already.
After having been called 'a partner in the fight against terrorism' by the British Prime Minister, Colonel Khaddafi suddenly became the enemy and was attacked when oil companies thought they could get better deals from the Libyan opposition, (which turned out to be religiously radical in composition).

Mr Putin is likely to take moralizing from the British Prime Minister with a pinch of salt.

Upvote 0
S

SeventhValley

The move to target Danish warships seems like a strategic & tactical assessment of hostile military units on the part of the Russians if a war would erupt. The propaganda of the threats added seems like a logical move to intimidate & neutralize a potential hostile foe.

Whatever Russia will do to survive will almost always be murderous, harsh, & brutal. What they are reacting to though, I believe, are hostile intentions by the USA 1 party Democrapublican state to isolate & possibly destroy Russia as guinea pig nations like Iraq (destroyed by the Bush/Cheney/McCain syndicate of the Crapublican party) & Syria (destroyed by the Democrap Clinton/Obama/Al Sharpton syndicate) were destroyed. Of course, the current USA slumlord has a nobel peace prize to brag about.

Forgive me a sinner. I will be held accountable at the judgment for my tone here but sometimes I just get so frustrated & usually avoid politics.

Wow, most racist post I have seen on TWA so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The west including the US has then the possibility
to attack Russia without being afraid of
an Russian vendetta.

The U.S. and Russia currently have a total of 900 missiles
and 2581 strategic nuclear warheads on high-alert, launch-ready
status. The total explosive power of these weapons is about
1185 Mt (megatons, or 1.185 billion tons of TNT equivalent
explosive power)

Russia’s army, navy as well as air force still have the capability
to deal with any challenge. Moscow’s Topol-M missiles are its major
strategic nuclear deterrent and the project to deploy them is the
most important part of its national armament planning. Russia has
a reliable protection system, which also consists of multi-range
anti-aircraft missiles to defend against air attacks from even
high-precision non-nuclear weapons.

The Russian army has a multi-level firepower system, comprising
C-400 and C-400M anti-aircraft missiles, and Thor and Amor
anti-aircraft missile launchers, which is regarded as the best
anti-aircraft power combination targeting PGS.

The US doesn't have first-strike (preemptive-strike) capability
today - and the ongoing upgrading of the Russian ICBM's,
as well as the hurried production of modern ICBM's
will result in a balance that is comparable to the Soviet-US
balance - decades ago...

Although people nowadays seem to have forgotten about MAD
(Mutual Assured Destruction) - the policy is still very much
the official position of the US, The Russian Federation - and
now also China...

If you want to worry about the US - do so. But the 'Joker' in this
'game' is China. China is the third super power as we speak, and
is producing ICBM's faster than the other two superpowers.

Because the Russian Federation is (like the US) trying
to achieve First Strike Capability. (...and do not forget China)

Yes. They think exactly like the US
and like China.

As soon as the west holds of any further provokations the newly
created cold war will be over.

Hopefully... But I doubt it.

Upvote 0
S

SeventhValley

what? he didn't say anything about any races ...

Usa Slumlord is what he said:

Implying that all black people are natuarly ignorant(a form of atheistic social Darwinism) and live in ghettos. Obama is hightly educated and actually has more in common with a Stepford Connecticut family with his background background and lifestyle.

Upvote 0