• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

rules and DID

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Whats the rules for us are we all ( me and my alters ) allowed to post here
or is there a rule that dont allow people with DID/MPD to post here
we dont want to make anyone feel uncomfortable because we are here
there are many of us all having different beliefs some very young and some broken by the past
So are we welcomed here ?

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
People just like you have previously posted here. I have corresponded with some subsequently as I have some experience with that condition.

Feel free to post here, as abuse lies at the heart of your 'dividedness'.

Bless you all.
John
NZ

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
home is where the heart is <3
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People just like you have previously posted here. I have corresponded with some subsequently as I have some experience with that condition.

Feel free to post here, as abuse lies at the heart of your 'dividedness'.

Bless you all.
John
NZ

Hi John.... what is your experience with those with DID/MPD? Are you a counselor or minister?

I myself am DID... this looks like an old post.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have dealt with several such people as part of my pastoral ministry and have become familiar with their common etiology (severe trauma, often ritualistically based) and dynamics (e.g. internal conflict, self harm, 'parts' with similar roles). I insist on concurrent professional support, but remain active as my Christian faith allows insights and practical intervention as spiritual factors are usually involved.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Members with DID may post here and are welcomed here. All parts are expected to post within the same rules as the creator of the account. Under 16 may not post, as the general forum no longer allows member under 16 (except those who were already members).

It may help to prevent confusion if inside parts identify they are an inside part so members understand why there may be a different type of post or writing.

Please note regarding professionals: As far as our ministers and counselors that are participating on CF, no professional services are allowed to be provided per the guidelines. They may not give any professional advice, so please don't ask them for professional advice to eliminate any concerns for them on how to respond. Their participation here is as support persons/survivors themselves, as they may share in their posts.

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Members with DID may post here and are welcomed here. All parts are expected to post within the same rules as the creator of the account. Under 16 may not post, as the general forum no longer allows member under 16 (except those who were already members).

It may help to prevent confusion if inside parts identify they are an inside part so members understand why there may be a different type of post or writing.

Please note regarding professionals: As far as our ministers and counselors that are participating on CF, no professional services are allowed to be provided per the guidelines. They may not give any professional advice, so please don't ask them for professional advice to eliminate any concerns for them on how to respond. Their participation here is as support persons/survivors themselves, as they may share in their posts.

Thank you for explaining... it is very rare that any of my alters would post separately due to safety and other issues, so it's not an issue for me, for the most part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I don't have DID but I have something called BPD (Borderline PD) which is similar -this causes self harm internal conflicts extreme anger and the symptoms John mentioned.

I'm often accused of being full of pride or self pity or being manipulative or evil. I try to explain that its BPD that causes this.

I'm worried that if I show my true Borderline PD colours then I won't be welcome on here.

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I don't have DID but I have something called BPD (Borderline PD) which is similar -this causes self harm internal conflicts extreme anger and the symptoms John mentioned.

I'm often accused of being full of pride or self pity or being manipulative or evil. I try to explain that its BPD that causes this.

I'm worried that if I show my true Borderline PD colours then I won't be welcome on here.
Hi, I'm sorry you've been labeled. It's hard not being understood. I think this is a safe place, though.

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm sorry you've been labeled. It's hard not being understood. I think this is a safe place, though.

Thanks but my illness isn't just a label.

My illness is as valid as DID and also needs as much intensive support. Please believe that my issues are as serious and extreme as those suffered by you multiples.

I don't think you'd like it if I labelled your DID as just a label. I want equal support and help as those with DID please. I've been in groups for abuse where people with DID get all the support and I am left with none or just told to repent my sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry...you misunderstood me. I meant, being labeled as being manipulative and evil, full of pride and self , pity.

I was trying to say, I don't think others here will be unkind toward you in that way. I'm sorry it looked like I was being mean.....

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry...you misunderstood me. I meant, being labeled as being manipulative and evil, full of pride and self , pity.

I was trying to say, I don't think others here will be unkind toward you in that way. I'm sorry it looked like I was being mean.....

No you're not being mean. I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying BPD was just a label. I get that from christians a lot. Am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. My head reads things a different way from most people reading them.
My perceptions are usually distorted when I speak to people. I'm so afraid I will end up alone and my pain not taken seriously.

I was ministered to by someone who used to minister to people with PDs. She was lovely and kind with the DIDS but if I was acting out due to being triggered she would call it a spirit of Self Pity or of Jezebel. She basically told me that my dad didn't abuse me and that it was a spirit telling me he had. I tried to explain my sister had proof it had happened and remembers it all. But this lady insisted I was just trying to grab all the attention for myself.
My dad used to say "I didn't really abuse you. I didn't actually hit you”. So I feel I'm overreacting. And that's why what this woman says cut deep. She says the Holy Spirit was telling her I was just being manipulative and wasn't really suffering self harm even though my last episode prior to talking to hger had been recent and I was fighting thoughts of doing it again.

So yeah I hate this woman`s God. And my dad`s God.

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's okay about the misunderstanding. Thank you for apologizing.

I think if you found someone trained to minister to people with DID and BPD, you'd have better results. I've been misunderstood in churches, too. So now, I try to keep church separate and don't confide a lot if I can help it.

It isn't God's fault...it's just people who are fallible like we are. I was hurt so deeply when I asked for help in 2009, after my children and I were assaulted. The women's ministry leader said I was seeking attention, and needed professional help and she couldn't help me. She basically called me a liar. I stayed out of church for a long time after that.

Four years later, she apologized and said my testimony was more valuable than she realized.

Just recently, I began attending a new, smaller church. I feel panicky inside when I go, but so far, it's been okay.

Reactions: Tanya2015
Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's okay about the misunderstanding. Thank you for apologizing.

I think if you found someone trained to minister to people with DID and BPD, you'd have better results. I've been misunderstood in churches, too. So now, I try to keep church separate and don't confide a lot if I can help it.

It isn't God's fault...it's just people who are fallible like we are. I was hurt so deeply when I asked for help in 2009, after my children and I were assaulted. The women's ministry leader said I was seeking attention, and needed professional help and she couldn't help me. She basically called me a liar. I stayed out of church for a long time after that.

Four years later, she apologized and said my testimony was more valuable than she realized.

Just recently, I began attending a new, smaller church. I feel panicky inside when I go, but so far, it's been okay.

Am so sorry you went through that. I relate to what you said about panicking in church. I get that not just with church but with Bible reading and prayer etc.
I hope you realise that God really has compassion on YOU. And in your case the person who “ministered” to you was wrong.
That isn't the case with me. The Holy Spirit told this woman these thingsa bout me so I guess she wasn't wrong. Somehow I still find it hurtful though. Silly of me really.

Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand now that it wasn't God's doings that I was rejected. But it took quite a process of Him ministering and working healing, and also forgiveness, and giving me some understanding about their actions. It is the reason that I was eventually able to go back almost 2 years later. I didn't stay long though, due to moving. And I had to set some major boundaries.

It breaks my heart though, that you have been made to believe that just because a Christian claims to have heard from God, that it is 100% true. I recently had someone I trusted say some very painful things to me that caused me struggle for several days.... until one person (another friend) said.... "Who do you believe... them, or God?" Hmmm..... I had so much trust in that one person due to past kindness, that I believed she couldn't miss God. The question posed to me, "Who do you believe?" really opened up some space for me to get God's truth.... people can miss it... we are all human.

Upvote 0