Not open for further replies.

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
I buy use metal crucifix :). Can buy them cheep. Just keep tying you will get it. Also you should use special twine. If you go to Rosaryarmy.com they will guide you to what twine you need. Just keep at it you will get it!!!

Brother Justin <><

Yeah, it says nylon twine...so I have that...so I'm good to try again! ;)

Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Have you checked out Rio Grande?

Peace

I am having a hard time being able to check out their items...they keep asking me for my name and password...but I don't have one, so they wont let me in!?! What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
About the nylon twine, yes I know that it can unravel a lot. (The person in the Rosarymakers group who taught me was a stickler for just the right distance between knots and would have me untying and redoing them until I got it right--unraveling was the result.) I found that fishing twine that is braided doesn't. And although the fishing line comes in white, it does take a dye.

Upvote 0

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
About the nylon twine, yes I know that it can unravel a lot. (The person in the Rosarymakers group who taught me was a stickler for just the right distance between knots and would have me untying and redoing them until I got it right--unraveling was the result.) I found that fishing twine that is braided doesn't. And although the fishing line comes in white, it does take a dye.
Im more interested in making sure that the Rosary overall lined up and is basicly correct. I have to tie them and pass them on so Im not entirely concerned with 100% accuracy on knot distance.

Although the Rosaries I make for our Lady do come out looking really nice :)

Brother Justin <><

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am having a hard time being able to check out their items...they keep asking me for my name and password...but I don't have one, so they wont let me in!?! What am I doing wrong?

They ask you to call their 800 number. Rio Grande does sell to the trade but used to accept small orders. Their print catalogs are wonderful. Used to be three: Jewelry supplies (chains, findings, metals, diamonds, rubies, synthetics, beads, casting grain etc), tools (everything from $4 pliers to $45,000 casting machines) and display supplies. Their quality and assortment is tops.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.