Ronnie James Dio passed away

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
I can't stand heavy metal but I've seen Dio in many interviews and he always seemed like a really decent guy. Pretty funny, too.

Sorry to see him go. I can only hope that he repented and trusted Christ before he died.

Ironically, while some were decrying him as a Satanist back in the 80's, he appeared on several Christian rock albums, most notably those by Kerry Livgren and AD and other albums produced by Livgren.

Upvote 0

BarrySoetoro

May 14, 2010
✟432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
American heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath, has died at the age of 67, his wife and manager have said. Dio had been suffering from stomach cancer.

Before joining Black Sabbath he sang in Rainbow - formed when Ritchie Blackmore left Deep Purple - and later in Heaven and Hell and the self-titled band Dio. Rated one of rock's most powerful vocalists, he rose to fame in the mid-70’s before replacing Osbourne in Black Sabbath in 1980.

'He possessed one of the greatest voices in all of heavy metal, and had a heart to match it,' said Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French, whose band toured with Dio since 1983.

Dio organized an all-star charity collaboration in 1986 called 'Hear N' Aid' to raise money for famine relief in Africa, styled on the successful 'We Are The World' campaign of a few years earlier.

Dio's wife Wendy paid a loving tribute to her husband on his website, saying: 'Today my heart is broken.' She said her husband had passed away on Sunday morning.

'Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away,' she wrote. 'Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.'
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8685851.stm youtube.com/watch?v=PQ7cX2Cnusg

Last edited:
Upvote 0