Ron Paul To Keep White Supremacist Donation

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Could one of the Paul-Browne-Libertarian haters please give me the direct quote and page number from Browne's book where he advocates letting "relatives starve"?

Libertarians don't advocate letting people starve. What they prefer is to place it in the hands of the private sector rather than the government, which tends to muck things up. They don't claim such a solution as a panacea, only a better solution than the current one.
Sorry, I'm not really against Paul, I was just making fun. I know where he stands and it makes sense to me.

Upvote 0

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Civil Rights Act was an attempt to legislate morality. It forced many businesses into situations they didn't want to be in for compliance. For example, I have a friend who runs a larger family business, but had to hire outside of his family to be compliant. It is sad, because many in his family could use the jobs.

Some parts of the CRA are truely about rights. No one argues with that. Other parts are about force; forcing private entities to do things. This is what people take objection to. Title I and III, no one batted and eyelash at them. Title VII has made many a lawyers rich, broken many businesses, and done little for race relations.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,582.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lynden1000 in post #39:
"Libertarians don't advocate letting people starve."

Ayn Rand is the original Libertarian, so they tell us. In her novel The Fountainhead, her Libertarian hero is Howard Roark. Roark is so much against charity that he will not take one dollar from another person even when he is starving for lack of work.

That is Ayn Rand's ideal: No charity.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,582.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
wpiman2 in post #42:
"For example, I have a friend who runs a larger family business, but had to hire outside of his family to be compliant. It is sad, because many in his family could use the jobs."

It sounds like you have the Civil Rights Act of 1964 mixed up with Affirmative Action, which didn't get started until the early 1970's.

Upvote 0

brea

Nov 13, 2006
USA
✟7,845.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
YES, somebody elses money WOULD be refunded! The monies were received at DIFFERENT times.

And I've noted that you completely failed to respond to the well-documented fact that liberal Democrats have made tens of millions of dollars in campaign donations (as well as giving him their votes election after election) to "former" Ku Klux Klansman Robert Byrd.

I firmly believe that people can change. A Byrd quote from Wiki:

"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Upvote 0

brea

Nov 13, 2006
USA
✟7,845.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Tenka:
"Why do the racist crazies want Ron Paul to win?"

Presumably they agree with his views on immigration. They probably also agree with his conservative/libertarian economic views.
Ron Paul has also been accused of being an isolationist, although he prefers "non-interventionist."

I'd assume too, that a very limited government would be favorable to those people, being that any even semi-moral government would be against what they promote.
Though I don't agree with Ron Paul, I definitely don't think that he wants limited government for reasons like that, but the crazies might see an opening there, whether real or not.

Upvote 0

brea

Nov 13, 2006
USA
✟7,845.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ron Paul is a Republican Representative from Texas who is running for President, in case anyone doesn't recognize the name.

A man who runs the Stormfront White Nationalist Community website, and uses the motto "White Pride World Wide," has donated $500 to Ron Paul's campaign. Paul is going to keep the donation, he has resisted the suggestion that he should return it.

Paul Keeps White Supremacist Donation

By BRIAN SKOLOFF,
Associated Press
Posted: 2007-12-19 19:54:57

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/paul-keeps-white-supremacist-donation/n20071219195409990043

I can understand why people were alarmed by discovering this donation, but I think that Paul answered their concerns eloquently. I don't think that it would only be liberals trying to find dirt who'd be interested in this issue, but also Libertarians who aren't racist who have supported Ron Paul. It's good that he was able to clarify his position.

Upvote 0

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
wpiman2 in post #42:
"For example, I have a friend who runs a larger family business, but had to hire outside of his family to be compliant. It is sad, because many in his family could use the jobs."

It sounds like you have the Civil Rights Act of 1964 mixed up with Affirmative Action, which didn't get started until the early 1970's.

No, the Civil Rights Act. I was taking a law class at the time for an advanced degree and we studied it in depth at that time.

One can be found to be in violation of this law if you discriminate in your hiring practice, even if not on purpose. This includes things such as hiring your family members, who in many cases bear the same race/religion as you.

There is a provision exempting small businesses- ie. family business- but that size is too small for his case.

http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/141977/index.php

Here is what Ron said about it.

Upvote 0

kathaksung

Jan 30, 2002
San Jose, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,266.00
Faith
Atheist
You are too innocent not to recognize it's another dirty trick of election. Feds used to plant negative contribution to candidate so they have an issue to attack these candidates.

The similar way they do to Clinton by Norman Hsu's contribution.

It seems GOP is skilled in those dirty tricks. You also saw Swift Boat Team attack on Kerry in 2004's election.

Ron Paul is a disfavor of GOP. So once again, GOP's tool - FBI plays trick to tarnish the most hopeful candidate. The two most fearsome rival for GOP are: Ron Paul (Repblican) and Hillary (Demo). So the attack concentrate on them.

Who control those organization: Communist Party; supermacist; peace movement; even ACLU and other groups? FBI.

Quote, "FBI Ran Aryan Nations After Butler's Death
Federal Informant Rick Spring, Close Associate Of NSM / Schoep, Admits He Was On Federal Payroll

9/19/2007 4:09:21 PM
Discuss this story in the forum <http://www.answp.com/forum>
Overthrow Staff

-- In a confessional emailed out to white nationalist leaders, federal informant and convicted bank robber Rick Spring admitted today that he operated the Aryan Nations as a false flag front group for the FBI after the death of Richard Butler.

"I have to bare my heart and soul to the good folks of the movement, although this is hard for me to say, I must tell the truth. I Rick Spring have been working for the FED's for some time now and I am sorry," Spring wrote in an email today.

http://www.overthrow.com/lsn/news.asp?articleID=10582

Now you know why supermacist donate Ron Paul's campaign? And why some one cooks this issue hot?

Upvote 0