Ron Paul called Anti-semite for being against Yemen bombardment

pariah112

Jan 5, 2009
✟1,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Responding to Rep. Paul's argument that Americans should mind their own business and not become the policeman of the world, Stein argued: “No, we're not occupiers. That's the same anti-Semitic argument we've heard over and over again. That's the same anti-Semitic argument we've heard over and over again.”
Ben Stein Says Ron Paul Uses “Anti-Semitic Arguments”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whats wrong with those sick people, part 2!!! ^_^^_^ Part 1 is here.

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was like watching a satire. All three of them including Ron Paul, came off as hysterical.

"Why, why why are they doing this to us?!!"

"They're terrorists and murderers because they're psychos! They're psychos!"

That aside, Ben Stein's antisemitism accusation was completely tactical and had no relation at all to anything Ron Paul said. He came off as far nuttier than the other two and that's saying something. Still, the entire episode was disturbing to witness.

Upvote 0

the sad clown

I laugh, yet the joke is on me
Dec 28, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
✟7,738.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't seem to make sense, although I would like to see his argument for how it is anti-semetic. I think he would have a hard time of making such a direct and strong link has his statement suggests. It is reported that the bombing was by the Yemen state, but it is too coincidental to just pretend that the US was uninvolved.

Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2009
✟15,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Wow, nothing Ben Stein says can shock me after this. While I disagree with most of Ron Paul's politics, he does have guts, a rare thing these days. This is one of the few times I agree with Ron Paul though, the more we are in the Middle East, the more citizens there will see the U.S. as threatening.

It's funny how she thinks two Republicans arguing is unique. Didn't she see any of the Republican debates in the primaries? Ron Paul was always arguing with people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EveryDayIsChristmas

Humble Servant
Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
✟16,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, nothing Ben Stein says can shock me after this. While I disagree with most of Ron Paul's politics, he does have guts, a rare thing these days. This is one of the few times I agree with Ron Paul though, the more we are in the Middle East, the more citizens there will see the U.S. as threatening.

It was interesting to see how Stein responded to Paul's question about what motivated the terrorists. He simply denounced them as "psychos" before he charged Paul with making an anti-semitic argument.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When did Arabs stop being a Semitic people? Is is strangely funny that someone not wanting toe bomb semites is called anti semitic.

Great. First shoe bombs, now underwear bombs. Toe bombs are next?

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the new America: disagree and you're some sort of racist. I'm not entirely surprised that mainline Republicans are buying into that same rhetoric; they're probably as gung-ho about a new invasion as the Demohawks like Lieberman and Spector.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
It is weird how not obeying Israel's every whim is morally equivalent to advocating concentration camps and gas chambers.

I think it is more along the lines if you question their every move, then you are almost on line with being a Nazi.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit>

Okay, then what is the term "anti-semitic" intended to bring to mind in your opinion?

In particular how is being against bombing Yemen "anti-semitic"?

That's like me saying you hate black people (or white people, if you are black) if you wont go over to your neighbor's house and punch him in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is more along the lines if you question their every move, then you are almost on line with being a Nazi.

If it were a matter of questioning every move, then I'd agree that there'd be a point.

Too often it looks like it comes down to questioning any move.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
<staff edit>

I was responding to this preposterous statement:

It is weird how not obeying Israel's every whim is morally equivalent to advocating concentration camps and gas chambers.

I didn't dispute, support or comment in any way on this:

Okay, then what is the term "anti-semitic" intended to bring to mind in your opinion?

In particular how is being against bombing Yemen "anti-semitic"?

That's like me saying you hate black people (or white people, if you are black) if you wont go over to your neighbor's house and punch him in the face.
[/quote]

So why include it?

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ben Stein had some creditability back in the day; then--

Ferris Bueller, Win Ben Stein's Money.....

Then some whackjob creationist movie; now he is blanketing people who don't agree with him anti-semitic.........

Why does this guy have a place on Larry King anymore?

Upvote 0