Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Really?
Though i am posting what they teach - i presume?

Yah ok.

Prove me wrong if you do not agree.

You're some piece of work.

You'd rather mis-use your Bible to ensure children never expereince the love of parents in order to re-inforce your own prejudices. How very Christian of you...

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're some piece of work.

You'd rather mis-use your Bible to ensure children never expereince the love of parents in order to re-inforce your own prejudices. How very Christian of you...

Actually, the "prejudices" you speak of are "very Christian"; all you have to do is study the Scriptures, the Apostolic Fathers, and myriad Church documents throughout the centuries. They all boil down to the same thing you find in the Catechism: homosexual unions can in no way be approved, and every child has the right to be raised by a mother and a father.

I know that homosexual perversion is at the present time really trendy and all, and a lot of people in Western society have bought into the idea that it's all about "civil rights", but that doesn't change the truth of the matter.

And if that makes me a hate-filled bigot and a dinosaur and all the other loving soubriquets that are bestowed upon Those Of Us Who Dare To Deviate From The Current Zeitgeist, well, then so be it. :)

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the "prejudices" you speak of are "very Christian"; all you have to do is study the Scriptures, the Apostolic Fathers, and myriad Church documents throughout the centuries. They all boil down to the same thing you find in the Catechism: homosexual unions can in no way be approved, and every child has the right to be raised by a mother and a father.

I know that homosexual perversion is at the present time really trendy and all, and a lot of people in Western society have bought into the idea that it's all about "civil rights", but that doesn't change the truth of the matter.

And if that makes me a hate-filled bigot and a dinosaur and all the other loving soubriquets that are bestowed upon Those Of Us Who Dare To Deviate From The Current Zeitgeist, well, then so be it. :)

But there is a difference - a rather huge difference - between being a homosexual, having homosexual sex in the bedroom...and raising kids.

In a more perfect world, mothers and fathers wouldn't divorce, they wouldn't have deadly accidents, kids would have so many potential legal guardians that they would go around a city block, and foster homes almost be completely empty; a small fraction of what it is today.

Sadly, that's not how it is.

You already have couples adopting kids who aren't wed (Both homosexual and heterosexual). You have singles adopting kids. This criteria of there having to be a mother and father has long been dead.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know quite a few LGBT people, and none of them were raised by gay parents. Not even closeted gay parents.

I know a number of younger people who are married to people of the opposite sex, even though one of their parents "came out", divorced a spouse, and started adopting a gay lifestyle.

I know one girl who became lesbian after growing up in a household with a dad with PTSD and drug addiction, with very unhappily married parents.

I agree that there is all sorts of dysfunctioin in families, and many families that break up. I think gayness is more a matter of nature than nurture.

I also think that adoptive children coming into heavily screened families are less likely to grow up in families that will damage them emotionally.

To me, that means that some gay families will fail the screening and some will pass. The dysfunctional ones will fail.

As long as there are children in foster care needing permanent homes, I think we should consider everyone who applies----and, if after careful home studies, an adoptive parent or parents qualifies, we should place them.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not acceptable?
Sarcastically agreeing with you, or voicing objection to your words?
Both are well within the rules of this site and acceptable methods to use when someone is talking of how they feel others should be dead.

The "truth" needn't be worded with your wish for gay people with children to be dead.
I don't expect you to change your point of view or even be sorry.
I just feel wording my view of your post was the right thing to do, rather than staying silent and letting it lie.

Your POV is moot because you do not comprehend scriptures
- as you are saying it totally out of context and continue to think you understand something you completely do not understand.
Which is likely why you are atheist.

Jesus saying it is better to have a millstone around a neck and thrown into the sea is a comparable analogy to how bad it will be in hell for those who do these things - that RATHER THAN DO THEM - one should tie the millstone around the neck...etc

Does that seem to help the comprehension?

Its not about wishing anyone was dead. Its an analogy.
I doubt you understand better... but reread what i highlighted.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

:thumbsup:
I am a dinosaur too and proud of it.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But there is a difference - a rather huge difference - between being a homosexual, having homosexual sex in the bedroom...and raising kids.

In a more perfect world, mothers and fathers wouldn't divorce, they wouldn't have deadly accidents, kids would have so many potential legal guardians that they would go around a city block, and foster homes almost be completely empty; a small fraction of what it is today.

Sadly, that's not how it is.

You already have couples adopting kids who aren't wed (Both homosexual and heterosexual). You have singles adopting kids. This criteria of there having to be a mother and father has long been dead.

Not for the Church. WE fight for the Church not against it.

Its like i am fighting Catholics to understand their own faith. Dang.

:o

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Warrior, we've had this discussion before and I presented you with this question before as well: What's the guarantee that a heterosexual couple or single parent WILL BE a good parent?

What, they aren't guilty of abuse? They aren't guilty of neglect? Everyone knows how to be a proper parent?

If we are going to play this "Catholic" shtick, we might as well take away kids from people who are outside the Catholic/Christian faith. We might as well take away kids from parents who are divorced. We might as well take away kids who are only raised by a single parent. Oh, and we could take away kids from the Catholic/Christian family who practice sodomy, are liars, bigots, adulterers, haven't attended Church, etc.

And of course, let's deny people just because they're gay and let's let the kdis rot away in a foster home.

That's the Christian thing to do.

My God...seriously, if your kidneys failed, are you going to inquire if the donor is gay, or no, because maybe you'll just believe that your body will make it un-gay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
BK - being a sinner is one thing [and they are very stringent on picking couples and or singles] - but putting a child into the life of scandal is bad - so very bad.
SCANDAL - its one of the worst sins.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
WarriorAngel said:
BK - being a sinner is one thing [and they are very stringent on picking couples and or singles] - but putting a child into the life of scandal is bad - so very bad.

And if people consider the terrible effects of our foster system and orphanages to be the most scandalous element of the entire situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm not sure why you quoted me in this regard...

An apology in that regards, the agreement with her is what got my eye. But I still heavily dislike both quotes. They show a rather callous disregard. "Civil rights are important when it's convenient." is a rather terrible notion. I fixed the original post.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

They are stringent on couples/singles because they want to know if they have the resources to raise a child, if they can dedicate time for the child, and they will inquire through other agencies if there isn't any criminal history, inquire if - when possible - if there aren't any psychological problems that may put the child at risk in being such a household.

You don't have them pull out the Bible and go through a rundown with said couple/singles.

And throw away that supposed scandal card: Kids are raised by people of different faith, kids are raised by Catholics/Christians who aren't following their faith as should be...I guess we should now pluck their kids away.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
is the election going to be only about gay stuff? I'm going to get bored pretty soon then:)
Yep. And Obama was the first to come out with it. Romney would rather talk about what he can do about Obama's failed economy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep. And Obama was the first to come out with it. Romney would rather talk about what he can do about Obama's failed economy.

Judging by the words he chooses to speak, Romney is happy to talk about his support for gay adoption.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They are stringent on couples/singles because they want to know if they have the resources to raise a child, if they can dedicate time for the child, and they will inquire through other agencies if there isn't any criminal history, inquire if - when possible - if there aren't any psychological problems that may put the child at risk in being such a household.

You don't have them pull out the Bible and go through a rundown with said couple/singles.

And throw away that supposed scandal card: Kids are raised by people of different faith, kids are raised by Catholics/Christians who aren't following their faith as should be...I guess we should now pluck their kids away.[/quote]

i agree with the part i highlighted in red. i always thought it is completely hyprocritical for christians to try to ban gay adoptions.

all the BS about how child will not be raised in a Godly homes and parents will not be setting a Christ like enviroment.

scripture never said God forbid non believers to become parents, period.

if God did not forbid, what right do we have to?

and then there is whole garbage about putting gays under a microscope, micro analyse their ability to be parents. ignore 99.9% of literature that are for it. and pick out that 0.1 % literature that is not peer reviewed and build their entire case around it?

and claim it is ALL for the children.

if that is the case, then why not used the criterias based on someone actual ability to be a parent instead using ones sexuality as basis for it.

sometimes it is this kind rubbish that make me reluctant to throw in my lot with those christians on the gay marriage issue ( which i am against).

only because i dont want my cloth to get dirty, and i dont want my witness to the gay community get soiled by them.

personally i would have more concern with a child raised in a christian home where parents talk about God and His love all the time yet behave in a hateful and deceiving manners towards some people within our society. what is that going to do to a child Faith. that it is ok to use God word to justify ones one bigotry?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Not one thought for the children left parentless is institutions who would miss out on the opportunity of being raised by loving couples in your 'Christian Utopia'...

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Again, mis-using the Church you claim to belong to in order to descriminate against voiceless and in some cases defenceless children...:(

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Warrior, we've had this discussion before and I presented you with this question before as well: What's the guarantee that a heterosexual couple or single parent WILL BE a good parent?

What, they aren't guilty of abuse? They aren't guilty of neglect? Everyone knows how to be a proper parent?

If we are going to play this "Catholic" shtick, we might as well take away kids from people who are outside the Catholic/Christian faith. We might as well take away kids from parents who are divorced. We might as well take away kids who are only raised by a single parent. Oh, and we could take away kids from the Catholic/Christian family who practice sodomy, are liars, bigots, adulterers, haven't attended Church, etc.

And of course, let's deny people just because they're gay and let's let the kdis rot away in a foster home.

That's the Christian thing to do.

My God...seriously, if your kidneys failed, are you going to inquire if the donor is gay, or no, because maybe you'll just believe that your body will make it un-gay.

Great post...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0