Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do u feel about the doctrine that no other church but the Catholic Church (in Union with Rome ) and with the exception of the Orthodox Church has a valid Eucharist we alone have the body , blood soul and divinity of the resurrected Christ and that all other communions do not have the true precense of Christ our savior at there mass in the communion

JJM

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
Northern Indiana
✟14,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do u feel about the doctrine that no other church but the Catholic Church (in Union with Rome ) and with the exception of the Orthodox Church has a valid Eucharist we alone have the body , blood soul and divinity of the resurrected Christ and that all other communions do not have the true precense of Christ our savior at there mass in the communion

In so far as this si true is saddens me, but the Catholic Church officially reconginizes the sacraments of the Oriental Orthodox and the Assyrian Church of the East and also Old Catholics, who haven't lost their orders due to attempting to ordain women most notably the PNCC. I find the position about Anglican orders difficult to accept, perhaps I'll muse on it more later in this thread, but wanted to offer this slight correction.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the title of this thread is offensive to our friends in the Protestant denominations

I am sure that there are more mature ways to talk about this....

and JJM, I thought the Old Catholic churches that had women priests lost their recognition?
hmmm sorry if I am mistaken

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Aiui, there is a school of thought which suggests that Rome no longer has valid communion.

This is not coming from outside the church, but from inside.

Needless to say, I do not share that view.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
the title of this thread is offensive to our friends in the Protestant denominations

and JJM, I thought the Old Catholic churches that had women priests lost their recognition?

Thank you for your gracious answer. : )

Upvote 0

RaylightI

Jun 29, 2014
✟3,622.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Fake Eucharist" Wow!! So, you have the authority now to say what God can and can't do ? You now have the authority to tell me that the Eucharist I take from every Sunday is "fake" ? You love your Catholicism, and I respect that. But you don't need to be arrogant and offensive about it. Lord have mercy on your soul.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would not use such inflammatory language as "fake Eucharist". It may not be the body, blood, soul, and divinity of our Lord, but that doesn't mean it is of no spiritual benefit to those who in faith receive it.

Be careful that, in your zeal, you do not cause your brother to stumble. St. Paul warns us that we will be judged for the damage our words and actions cause to our weaker brothers. (not saying anyone in particular is a weaker brother, but you get what I'm saying).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JJM

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
Northern Indiana
✟14,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'd have to look up documents, but I think the "official position" is that if the male priests have a male line of succession back to before they started ordaining women to the episcopate, then their orders should be considered valid. This is more often than not the case I think with male priests in these sects in Europe, so approach with caution. The PNCC thought rejects female orders so it remains entirely valid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Fake Eucharist" Wow!! So, you have the authority now to say what God can and can't do ? You now have the authority to tell me that the Eucharist I take from every Sunday is "fake" ? You love your Catholicism, and I respect that. But you don't need to be arrogant and offensive about it. Lord have mercy on your soul.
Its not t me its God the Holy See has officially said that Protestants don't have a valid Eucharist

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I've now changed the title

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would not use such inflammatory language as "fake Eucharist". It may not be the body, blood, soul, and divinity of our Lord, but that doesn't mean it is of no spiritual benefit to those who in faith receive it.

Be careful that, in your zeal, you do not cause your brother to stumble. St. Paul warns us that we will be judged for the damage our words and actions cause to our weaker brothers. (not saying anyone in particular is a weaker brother, but you get what I'm saying).
Il change the title

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Theatreguy,

Please understand , you are now exploring Catholicism and so far are enraptured by everything you have encountered.

However not everyone agrees with you and your strongly held beliefs.

It is charitable to be careful to respect other people's strongly held beliefs even if you don't agree with them. Hitting them over the head repeatedly with a heavy object does not prove conducive to changing their beliefs. Honey attracts , vinegar repels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's a big improvement [ if you were asking a question ] but I can't help feeling that I would have thought very very carefully as to how I would have approached this subject - and I suspect I would have not posted such a topic on its own but as part of another more general topic

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

But if it's not the body blood soul and divinity of Christ how can it save them

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a big improvement [ if you were asking a question ] but I can't help feeling that I would have thought very very carefully as to how I would have approached this subject - and I suspect I would have not posted such a topic on its own but as part of another more general topic
Well it's in a catholic page so if Protestant debate is there the ones at fault

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But if it's not the body blood soul and divinity of Christ how can it save them
I never said it saves them. Only faith and repentance can save anyone. And God chooses whom to give those graces to, it is not for us to say someone is not saved or doesn't have grace. Even a Catholic receiving a Catholic Eucharist can eat and drink himself unto condemnation if he does so with I'll intent.

Upvote 0