Rob Zombie

F

flapjack122

hey guys ( and girls ), i love rock and some metal, and i recently discovered the music of rob zombie ( dragula got me interested in his music stlye and then i listen to more of " hellbilly deluxe " ). of course i know rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ". i saw a mtv cribs episode and they toured his house and i didnt see anything satanic or anything and he seemed to be cool and had a sense of humor. zombie loves the horror genre and the gory makeup and i have to admit, i love horror movies also, and the reason he dresses so " satanic " like is for the genre ( of horror and shock ) and if he's doing the whole " 666 ", satanic imagery thing just for shock value and nothing more, is it wrong to listen to his music as a christian? i feel troubled by this because i like his music stlye, but i feel guilty if i shouldn't be listening to it as a christian. i would appreciate it if some of you chrisitans would help me with my problem and give me some insight, thank you for your time

flap :cool:

Opethian

Big Member
Jan 2, 2006
Molenstede
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you solve the problem by dropping rob zomboring and finding some real metal without the whole satanic image gimmick?
And stop watching mtv, it brainwashes you into thinking that the music they play on there is actually good. Go find bands through the internet, don't let the media control your musical taste.

Upvote 0
F

flapjack122

dude i know i never watch mtv i was at a friends house and she had it on and i saw it so yeah and the media influnces so many people and individuals become followers of something they dont understand and dont really have a chance to have there own style and stuff. but i like zombie's music and i dont know what to do, if its right to listen to it or not ( for you guys just reading this read what i wrote orginally and tell me what ya think )

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes you can listen to him. The only problem I can see is that you're Catholic, and they seem to be more conservative so you may get flak from other people.

I listen to bands that have the satanic stuff and it's for real, but don't anyone DARE say I'm any farther from God because of it.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Arthyron said:
Why listen to Rob Zombie when you can just listen to Lordi instead? They're 10000x better in my opinion, and a lot more hilarious and entertaining.

http://www.lordi.fi/

Lol, Lordi's great. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Knowing

Jun 11, 2015
✟7,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
hey guys ( and girls ), i love rock and some metal, and i recently discovered the music of rob zombie ( dragula got me interested in his music stlye and then i listen to more of " hellbilly deluxe " ). of course i know rob's been accused and word of mouth of being a satanist. of course if you would look at one of his music videos or see a shirt of his you would say that too but zombie says, " its for entertainment value, nothing more ". i saw a mtv cribs episode and they toured his house and i didnt see anything satanic or anything and he seemed to be cool and had a sense of humor. zombie loves the horror genre and the gory makeup and i have to admit, i love horror movies also, and the reason he dresses so " satanic " like is for the genre ( of horror and shock ) and if he's doing the whole " 666 ", satanic imagery thing just for shock value and nothing more, is it wrong to listen to his music as a christian? i feel troubled by this because i like his music stlye, but i feel guilty if i shouldn't be listening to it as a christian. i would appreciate it if some of you chrisitans would help me with my problem and give me some insight, thank you for your time

The Verse of the Day when I saw your post: Verse of the Day - Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The simple test for anything we do is who or what does it glorify? Many here in this thread have disputed, diluted and debated Zombie's intentions. It is very clear his intentions are unclear. Who does that sound like spiritually? He is one helluva an entertainer, no doubt, but there are many great entertainers whose intentions are clear. Play with fire and you will get burned, that's a "not if but when." Hope this helps flap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0