RIP: The $5 Foot-Long

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
$6 is still an incredible deal. I use almost $6 worth of spinach in my footlong before adding any other vegetables!

Their chopped salads are very good too. I too load up on the spinach and jalapenos.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
$6 is still an incredible deal. I use almost $6 worth of spinach in my footlong before adding any other vegetables!

Where the heck are you buying spinach? Up here, the big plastic boxes of spinach are $6/lb.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In grocery stores here, a very small amount of spinach starts at $6. Fresh vegetables are very expensive.

Yikes. If I buy the smaller box of spinach, it's about $9/lb, but that's still a far cry from $6 for one sandwich worth.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yikes. If I buy the smaller box of spinach, it's about $9/lb, but that's still a far cry from $6 for one sandwich worth.

I don't go to Subway anymore because of the iffy hygiene practices of the employees here, but that is why I preferred eating there for a long time. I could save a lot of money with each sandwich or salad. I would get them packed full of vegetables (which didn't carry an extra charge like meat) and have plenty for two meals.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Kind is Dead. Long Live the King!

4bba9d9ef43e6c901237973db5948d62.jpg

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't go to Subway anymore because of the iffy hygiene practices of the employees here, but that is why I preferred eating there for a long time. I could save a lot of money with each sandwich or salad. I would get them packed full of vegetables (which didn't carry an extra charge like meat) and have plenty for two meals.

I've done something similar with the salad bars in grocery stores. Sometimes the per-pound price of the salad is less than that of some of the same cheeses and produce sold elsewhere in the store.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you live in Puerto Rico?

I once went to a Subway restaurant while on a cruise there. The bathrooms were atrocious with puddles of dirty water everywhere, leaking pipes, filthy toilets and sinks and it stunk badly. It looked like something from a third world country.

We left to a different restaurant to eat. If they can't keep the bathrooms clean then I do not trust their food.

No, Texas.

The bathrooms at Subway here are average. Not something terrible but not really what I want to go inside. However, the hand washing sinks are in full view of everyone, and either no one uses them, or they think turning the tap on and swiping their hand under the water for less than a second constitutes hand washing.

I've seen people come in from taking out trash with their bare hands, and skip washing their hands all together to make a sandwich (they used gloves, but they grabbed the gloves all over with dirty hands before putting them on). Cashiers without gloves who have been handling money have also turned from the cashier to wrap sandwiches, which grates on my every little germophobic nerve.

Cashiers with bare, unwashed hands will also go up and down the line and pick up vegetables or pieces of meat that have landed on the cutting board and put them back into the containers. I left for good after that one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you live in Puerto Rico?

I once went to a Subway restaurant while on a cruise there. The bathrooms were atrocious with puddles of dirty water everywhere, leaking pipes, filthy toilets and sinks and it stunk badly. It looked like something from a third world country.

We left to a different restaurant to eat. If they can't keep the bathrooms clean then I do not trust their food.

Outside of the US, Canada, Australia, most Western European nations and some developed Asian countries, bathrooms and plumbing in general is horrible.

The exceptions in poor countries is of course tourist 5 star hotels and resorts.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Texas.

The bathrooms at Subway here are average. Not something terrible but not really what I want to go inside. However, the hand washing sinks are in full view of everyone, and either no one uses them, or they think turning the tap on and swiping their hand under the water for less than a second constitutes hand washing.

I've seen people come in from taking out trash with their bare hands, and skip washing their hands all together to make a sandwich (they used gloves, but they grabbed the gloves all over with dirty hands before putting them on). Cashiers without gloves who have been handling money have also turned from the cashier to wrap sandwiches, which grates on my every little germophobic nerve.

Cashiers with bare, unwashed hands will also go up and down the line and pick up vegetables or pieces of meat that have landed on the cutting board and put them back into the containers. I left for good after that one.

Yeah call the health dept. That is unacceptable.

Upvote 0