Right-Wing Patriot allegedly kills another Right-Wing Patriot.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
...And they're all coming to take back 'Murica.

On Monday evening, two members of the American militia movement, Charles Carter and Vincent Smith, got into an argument at Smith’s house, in the small Texas town of Pottsboro, just across the border from Oklahoma. The argument turned violent: Smith shot Carter in the head, killing him.

I don't know who has America now, but they should hold on to it real tight so these guys don't get it.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There seems to be this belief among NRA types that only those with good sense, judgement, and training have guns. Similarly, that "training" on gun usage automatically gives you the proper temperament to handle argumentative situations.

The reality is, people are people. There are smart people, dumb people, and every other type in between. And whenever you have an "argument" in which both sides have guns, you increase the probability of serious harm being done to all involved including bystanders.

Point of my rant isn't so much to bash "Right Wingers" per say. People are people. My point is really to just highlight the reality of the bell curve of human behavior and point out that guns and gun training are not magical elements that bequeath special abilities onto the gun holder. This situation illustrates what can go wrong when guns are involved. Had these two men not been armed, odds are favorable the argument would have just ended with some bumps, bruises, and hurt egos. instead, since guns were involved, someone is dead.

I don't really see charges being issued, self defense is the mantra of these sorts of things.

Upvote 0