✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello All,

Will believers be rewarded in heaven based on their life on earth? I posted some relevant verses below:

I know we may earn crowns and cast them before the Lord, But if one brother is closer to the Lord and does more for the kingdom, and another brother is saved but isn't as close to the Lord, and doesn't do much for the kingdom, would we have different rewards in heaven?

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:12

Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. Revelation 22:12

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 1 Peter 5:4

I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. Revelation 3:11

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I found this information online, it appears there are 5 crowns, but I wondered if everyone would have the same amount of possessions in heaven, or different amounts. The talent parables does seem to indicate we would all receive the same.

1) The Imperishable Crown – (1 Corinthians 9:24-25) “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate [disciplined] in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown” - This crown is given to believers who faithfully run the race, who crucify every selfish desire in the flesh and point men to Jesus.

2) The Crown of Rejoicing – (1 Thessalonians 2:19) “For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?” To those who faithfully are witnesses to the saving grace of God and leads souls to Jesus. This crown has also been named the soul winner's crown.

3) The Crown of Righteousness – (2 Timothy 4:8) “Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.” We inherit this crown through the righteousness of Christ which is what gives us a right to it, and without which it cannot be obtained.

4) The Crown of Glory – (1 Peter 5:4) “And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.”

5) The Crown of Life – (Revelation 2:10) “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” This crown is for all believers, but is especially dear to those who endure sufferings, who bravely confront persecution for Jesus, even to the point of death.

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Andy, we all get exactly what the Lord Jesus has earned for us as our Substitute and Surety. Heaven is not a reward for our works but for His. We are united to Him by faith and are said to be "in Him". That means that whatever He did we did in Him just as when Adam sinned we sinned in him.

All the crowns spoken of in the Scriptures are just metaphors for the gloriousness of our eternal state.

The idea of differing rewards is nothing but a contrivance of religion to coerce rebels into doing something to earn their way into Heaven. It is nothing more than a carrot on a string before a mule in order to get it to move.

A true believer's motivation to work is not in order to gain but because we love Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In light of the fact that it is the Holy Spirit which came in in great power at Pentacost Acts of the Apostles 2:2-4, and in the early church gave extraordinary gifts of healing, prophesy, and speaking in tongues 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; and that He is the one that evidences all the fruits of redemption in a believers life Galatians 5:22, Galatians 5:25; I am confounded at His statement (yes, He is speaking in John's vision) in Revelation 14:13!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we are all equal in the eyes of God, how can God show more favor to one more than the other? I think the only "reward" is eternal life [crown] in heaven.
There is a huge difference between being "equal" as sinners in need of a Saviour, and being unequal as saints who have either served faithfully or not. There are several parables to confirm this truth, which is a matter of stewardship. So yes there will be rewards in Heaven (including crowns) but ETERNAL LIFE IS A FREE GIFT to all who repent and believe the Gospel.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Remember the parable of the talents...the two good ones did not receive more than the other. "Enter into the joy of your master."
As a result of their careful stewardship, they were rewarded with greater opportunities to serve.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Read 1Co3:1-15. See what you think.

He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labour. 1 Corinthians 3:8

Each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

These passage does seem to indicate reward for those according to their labour, and only salvation those those who don't labour. - This could be giving of a crown to some and not giving of a crown to others?

Since heaven will be perfect, wouldn't giving a crown to some and not giving a crown to others bring bitterness, jealous or envy? Unless we are glorified and can't have those emotions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labour. 1 Corinthians 3:8

Each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

These passage does seem to indicate reward for those according to their labour, and only salvation those those who don't labour. - This could be giving of a crown to some and not giving of a crown to others?

Since heaven will be perfect, wouldn't giving a crown to some and not giving a crown to others bring bitterness, jealous or envy? Unless we are glorified and can't have those emotions.
Look at the context of the passage. It is talking about preachers and what they preach.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There will be no bitterness, jealousy, envy, pain, or tears in Heaven. It will be only joy and happiness.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to bring this thread back for some more discussion on the topic regarding rewards.

Would a more faithful believer have more of a reward in heaven then another non faithful believer?
There is no such thing as a more faithful believer. We fall and fail on a daily basis so no one is more spiritual, more faithful or more deserving of the blessing of God. We get what we get because of Christ not because of what we do. He has earned all that the Father has for us which is everything.

The nonsense of differing rewards is nothing but a man made teaching used to drive goats not lead sheep. You cannot lead goats they are too independent and go off their own way. Sheep follow the Shepherd because it is their nature to do so. They do not need a carrot in front of them to entice them.

Upvote 0