Reverend Jeffress preaching at Trump's Inauguration service.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
No, after they were caught faking news as far back as the Gulf War... google it if you're interested.

k, so I did Google it. Found some nutty right wing sites & a Reddit thread but not real sources saying that they faked news during the Gulf War. That war was nearly 30 years ago, so if they faked news during it then it's strange they were able to survive for so long.
Stranger too that the Trumps would award them with exclusive scoops if they are so well known for being fake.

So what in the OP's link is fake or incorrect?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, after they were caught faking news as far back as the Gulf War... google it if you're interested.

Why don't you Google it and post the link here instead of telling others to do your homework for you?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
While Evangelicals do tend to be somewhat hostile toward Catholicism, that in particular is a bit more extreme than the mainstream among evangelicals. Usually they will accept that there could be Catholics who really are Christians if we don't believe a lot of the Catholic-specific stuff.

I hope it's more than "a bit" more extreme than what's mainstream for evangelicals.

As far as Christianity declining, it's mainline Christianity, such as Methodists, Episcopals, Presbyterians, and some kinds of Lutherans that are in decline in the USA. Evangelicalism is growing, as is Catholicism and Mormonism. Basically, the more conservative branches are growing or holding steady, while the more middle of the road or left leaning denominations are in decline. It's not necessarily a result of conservative vs liberal theology, however.

Mainline Protestant - Wikipedia

I wouldn't be surprised if fundamentalism is growing in some areas but on a whole Christianity has been declining for some time. It's had it's sharpest declines with young people. I think your generation is probably the last that still has a fair amount of Christians in it, but even then it's way smaller in comparison to the over-60s. I think hateful rhetoric & actions are a major repellant. I know it has been for people I know irl.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hope it's more than "a bit" more extreme than what's mainstream for evangelicals.

I wouldn't be surprised if fundamentalism is growing in some areas but on a whole Christianity has been declining for some time. It's had it's sharpest declines with young people. I think your generation is probably the last that still has a fair amount of Christians in it, but even then it's way smaller in comparison to the over-60s. I think hateful rhetoric & actions are a major repellant. I know it has been for people I know irl.
I'm a Millenial. Aren't you?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you Google it and post the link here instead of telling others to do your homework for you?
My homework...hahaha... since when is it my responsibility to spoon feed you truth... unless thats how you're used to getting your truth.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/fashion/move-over-millennials-here-comes-generation-z.html

There's probably a lot of differing time frames for it but most consistently I'm in Z. I know my friend who interned for a campaign was put on a team working on encouraging Gen Z voters to vote & that they defined that as people born after 95 voting for the 1st time.
That's a bit odd. Millenials are almost always considered those born up to 2000. Sometimes the cut off is those born before 9/11/01 since that was such a defining moment.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My homework...hahaha... since when is it my responsibility to spoon feed you truth... unless thats how you're used to getting your truth.

You make the assertion and it's your job to provide your own support. You don't get to make an assertion and then expect others to provide support for you (hence the homework assignment analogy).

It's quite telling that you have chosen to respond by attacking me instead of.... simply providing a link to support your assertion.

it will be another attack on me and an evasion rather than support for the assertion

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I will give you a start on your journey as I realized I typed to google it... I meant to do a search for it. Since Google has started censoring search results, you might wanna try Bing or another search engine like DuckDuckGo.

CNN FAKES THE NEWS: Network runs news banner implying Jews are not real people to stir up HATE, then apologizes

Oh my that screed from nutball Natural News is all over the place, but here's something that you never see when Breitbart or Sean Hannity lies or inflames - Tapper and Sciutto apologized for the Chyron.
Controversial CNN Chyron: 'Alt-Right Founder Questions If Jews Are People'
Jake Tapper on Twitter
Jim Sciutto on Twitter

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You make the assertion and it's your job to provide your own support. You don't get to make an assertion and then expect others to provide support for you (hence the homework assignment analogy).

It's quite telling that you have chosen to respond by attacking me instead of.... simply providing a link to support your assertion.

it will be another attack on me and an evasion rather than support for the assertion
Not so good at the spoiler thing I see.

Here's another one...

CNN Journalist ‘Governments Pay Us To Fake News’, Shocking Exposé

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not believe your statement here.

My knowledge and experience indicates the Catholic Church does not teach anything that would support such a conclusion. The left-wing proponents in the United States does; no doubt some of those are in the Catholic Church, they're everywhere else.

In any event, your initial comment is political, not Christian.
So your understanding is that the Catholic church doesn't teach that calling the Church a false Church created by Satan is somewhat disunifying.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Did he recant & apologize? If Trump will be representing all of you, then having some basic respect for all of you would be a really good thing

If one does not accept Rome's claims of authority - her claims to spiritual supremacy over the universal church, the implications of that are quite significant. It is not disrespectful in the least to address those implications honestly.

Either Rome's claims to authority are true or they are false. If they are true, then Christians willfully outside of Rome are guilty of rebellion against God's ordained ministers of the church. If they are false, then Rome is guilty of blasphemy.

Support Rome's claims or oppose them, but to treat them as if they were adiaphora, a trifle of no real consequence, is patronizing to Catholics, and worse, trivializes spiritual matters generally. I think it actually more respectful to the Catholic Church to earnestly oppose its teaching earnestly than to not to even take it seriously.

Clearly not...after all, calling Catholicism the genius of Satan isn't really a big deal.

It doesn't put any obstacles in the way of any Roman Catholic who wants to practice his faith. That's more than can be said for many supporters of Trump's opponent.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married