Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.

Question: Do you think that the acceptance of "alternate" lifestyles by many that call themselves Christians could be the same thing as above?

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.

Question: Do you think that the acceptance of "alternate" lifestyles by many that call themselves Christians could be the same thing as above?
What do you mean by "alternate" lifestyles?

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's look at the verse before it for some context:
Revelation 2:13 [Amp]: I know where you live—a place where Satan sits enthroned. [Yet] you are clinging to and holding fast My name, and you did not deny My faith, even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed (martyred) in your midst—where Satan dwells.

So no, I don't think that they are even that far along. I think that those wishing to legitimize alternate sexual lifestyles are still in the world, yet demanding God's approval for what He has already declared His disapproval.
Now, where I live there is major time period festival where people spend a week living out a gone era, and for the week that is their lifestyle, sort of. I think that something like that isn't necessarily a problem, but easily could be, but I don't think that's what you are asking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Ones that go against orthodox belief. Can be rather broad of course. Let's use the example of swingers. I am making a distinction between struggles in areas and embracing of the lifestyle.

Nice to see you SP. :)
Nice to see you too BenAdam :) It's been awhile.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's look at the verse before it for some context:
Revelation 2:13 [Amp]: I know where you live—a place where Satan sits enthroned. [Yet] you are clinging to and holding fast My name, and you did not deny My faith, even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed (martyred) in your midst—where Satan dwells.

So no, I don't think that they are even that far along. I think that those wishing to legitimize alternate sexual lifestyles are still in the world, yet demanding God's approval for what He has already declared His disapproval.
Now, where I live there is major time period festival where people spend a week living out a gone era, and for the week that is their lifestyle, sort of. I think that something like that isn't necessarily a problem, but easily could be, but I don't think that's what you are asking.

I am in particular referring to ministers that say we should be fine with these alternate lifestyles, not the people engaged in them.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I am in particular referring to ministers that say we should be fine with these alternate lifestyles, not the people engaged in them.
I think any minister who teaches that things the Bible, God's word, says is sin, are false teachers and people should leave their churches and find ones that will teach them correctly. Not long ago I saw an article of "christian swingers" who wife swapped and they were saying it was all ok by God. :puke: I say rubbish. Personally, I don't think they even believe that. I think they are purposely making sport of the scriptures.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think any minister who teaches that things the Bible, God's word, says is sin, are false teachers and people should leave their churches and find ones that will teach them correctly. Not long ago I saw an article of "christian swingers" who wife swapped and they were saying it was all ok by God. :puke: I say rubbish. Personally, I don't think they even believe that. I think they are purposely making sport of the scriptures.
Well Balaam knew that he couldn't curse Israel, yet he taught Balak how to have Israel curse itself. Church leaders could easily do the same thing by saying we should accept those that swing, that is between them and God...

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Well Balaam knew that he couldn't curse Israel, yet he taught Balak how to have Israel curse itself. Church leaders could easily do the same thing by saying we should accept those that swing, that is between them and God...
I agree.

Where the gospel is being preached though, they will learn what the proper way to live is...much like after Peters vision the Sanhedren decided that only a few instructions would be given immediately to the new Gentile believers and the rest they would learn in the Synagogue when they attended on Sabbath.

Acts 15:18-21 NKJ said:
18 “Known to God from eternity are all His works. 19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums