nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Just a little background. My soon-to-be ex-wife (divorcing in June) and I are both lapsed baptized Catholics. Both rebelled in our teens and left the church. Both attended other churches, was not married in a Catholic church nor by a Catholic priest.

Due to a schedule change at work, the only option for me it seems for church is to return to the Catholic church because of the Saturday evening mass. No other church in my area has a Saturday evening service.

Went to confession yesterday morning and talked with the priest regarding the issues that I mentioned here. I have been given forgiveness, given penance and am able to return to taking communion even with the impending divorce (that was a huge concern of mine before returning to the church).

The only thing he warned me against was that if I decide in the future to get involved with another woman to be sure that I have already done the lack of form. Otherwise, I will no longer be able to take communion until I do the lack of form.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So wait...

You actually told the priest that you're only returning out of convenience, and he said that you're good for communion? Not that you're returning because you want to because you realized that it's the true church, or because you realized the error of your ways for leaving, or because you were pulled back by Christ... But because they hold service at a convenient time for you... Sorry, but that sounds bad. You didn't take time to come to the conclusion that it was true and yet you plan to take the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
So wait...

You actually told the priest that you're only returning out of convenience, and he said that you're good for communion? Not that you're returning because you want to because you realized that it's the true church, or because you realized the error of your ways for leaving, or because you were pulled back by Christ... But because they hold service at a convenient time for you... Sorry, but that sounds bad. You didn't take time to come to the conclusion that it was true and yet you plan to take the Eucharist.

I'm sorry that it sounds bad to you, but perhaps what concretecamper said is exactly what is happening. God working. The schedule change being His way of drawing me back to the church.

The priest did say that it seems God is drawing you back to the Catholic church and that I am in a for a wonderful journey. That I am clear to take communion because I made a good confession.

I attended mass this afternoon for the Sunday vigil and it felt like home. Felt like I was supposed to be there.

This fall I may attend RCIA just to learn about the Faith again. It's been a long time since my confirmation and CCD classes.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Give him some credit will you?
He went to his priest and rightly so and may I suggest that said priest is in a better position to offer spiritual guidance than we are based on the information shared between the two of them.

I'm so happy you didn't just went for the eucharist as so many people would do, but instead went through the proper chanals.

If your priest said you may receive then do so.

Welcome back brother we're blessed to have you home with us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
it is what it is
no use being glum about the past

do you mind me asking, what kind of churches did you go to after you stopped attending the Catholic Church?

For a while. No where. Then mostly non-denominational and lastly Lutheran.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums