Resurgence of Hinduism in Indonesia

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
ServantofTheOne said:
how do you explain the fast growing hispanic muslim community? was there any muslim conquerers in USA? South america? please cite something to support your argument rather than posting baseless conjecture..

Buddism and Hindusim are growing at a faster rate than Islam in America. High Birth rates is the major cause of this growing problem. Inter-Marriages where non-muslim have no choice but to convert inorder to marry. You don't see this in other faiths.

"Current figures approximate the number of Latino Muslims in the United States to be as low as 25,000 and as high as 75,000. While the growth of Latino Muslims is a steadily increasing phenomenon, little to no information exists in an analytic fashion that helps to explain the new religious community. However, the dozens of journalists that have covered the phenomenon in their local communities has enabled its increased visibility, which has now reached national and international news outlets. This article introduces the growing Latino Muslim community of the United States by outlining different trends and concerns taking place within the group. The article provides an introduction to Islam as a faith and ends with commentary concerning the possible future study of the subject. "

The article itself is by a Muslim what to expect then ? If he says anything which goes against islam than you'll brand him as a Outcaste. Muslims will do whatever to make islam look superior through in reality they are not.

"Islam’s visible presence in the black community dates back to the early years of the 20th century and has grown exponentially since. Today the African American Muslim community is extremely diverse in its makeup, which has produced multiple layers of cultural contribution to American society by way of religious orientation"

Yeah most blacks then were converted in prison. high Birth rates is again the major contributing factor.

your theory falls flat

Hee ok can i say the same thing to you. You are being brainwashed by the islamic propaganda machine the machine which says islam is a peaceful religion.

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
again, i support my statements with references, you respond with heresay and opinion.

ok thats fine. lets move on.

you still haven't responding to the glaring fact that there were no muslim conquerers of indonesia, how do you explain the 280 million muslims there today? did they suddenly appear through magic? there were no wars fought against indonesia by any foriegn muslim army, how do you suppose almost the entire population became muslims.

I go to a mosque that is administered by indonesian muslims. whenever i go to mosque i see all types of people, arab, indian, pakistani, white, black, african, hispanic. from all backgrounds. there is no one holding a sword under their necks, if they as you say are descendants of forced conversian, then what is inducing them today to practice islam?

your prejudice is blaringly obvious to all.

Upvote 0

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
ServantofTheOne said:
again, i support my statements with references, you respond with heresay and opinion..

I did posted a conversion rate on all religion in America, please do a search on it in this forum thanks. Islam was way below. This is based on conversion not by birth-rates.

ok thats fine. lets move on.

you still haven't responding to the glaring fact that there were no muslim conquerers of indonesia, how do you explain the 280 million muslims there today? did they suddenly appear through magic? there were no wars fought against indonesia by any foriegn muslim army, how do you suppose almost the entire population became muslims.

During the Last great Hindu empire, the Last king converted to Islam and the Arabs brought Islam to them married arabs girls to rich hindu sultans only to gain convert by marriage.(No free will here) Because the Sultans have converted to Islam, his followers are expected to do so, Many refused at that time, laws were given to protect muslims and alienate the hindus, benefits were given to muslims, Hindus were treated like animals, many fled to bali. The Surviving Hindus were converted under duress. Not by free will at all. In a islamic country if you are a pagan you are treated differently and unfairly...Do you deny this?? answer me this ???

Another theory is Islamic army marching through indonesia and defeated the last standing Majapahit Empire who were weak at that time. The Kingdom could have fallen without even fighting a war. So as a result no army was seen. The Hindus were then could have been converted by the sword, you convert or die.

its not possible to change the mind of 200millions people at one go or over a course of 100years by free-will and tolerance or being nice to them, thats not possible the human brain is very complex, some might agree some might disagree. In Islam as long as one becomes a muslim its diffcult for him to come out of it because he will be jailed, branded as a outcaste or even put him to death. There manybe 200++ muslims in indonesia, but some are muslims by paper but still hold hindu practice.

Let me ask you a question, if a muslim man wants to leave islam in a islamic country because he thinks the quran don't make sense, can he leave islam ?? and yet still being treated equally ????? Can you answer this ?

I've already explain to you
I go to a mosque that is administered by indonesian muslims. whenever i go to mosque i see all types of people, arab, indian, pakistani, white, black, african, hispanic. from all backgrounds. there is no one holding a sword under their necks, if they as you say are descendants of forced conversian, then what is inducing them today to practice islam?

Now they are not force upon. Their forefathers were force upon, as generation and generation came about, many forget that their great-grandfathers were forced to become muslims either by sword or circumstances, its very clear in the quran. Allah treats muslims and non-muslims very differenty you deny this ???

Now there you see muslims from indian,pakistani black because their great great grandparents were made muslims by force, or some converted to get material benefits, because of islamic rulers. Its a fact man,not because they see islam as a religion which make sense. Only when the quran is read and understood with a open mind muslims will start to leave islam.

your prejudice is blaringly obvious to all.

Oh is it thanks

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ServantofTheOne said:
again, i support my statements with references, you respond with heresay and opinion.

He's right, Sefroth. I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism rather than an insulting remark. But if you continue presenting your opinions as if they were factual, people won't take you very seriously.

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Hindu dominated India - Largest Democracy on Earth
Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
arunma said:
He's right, Sefroth. I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism rather than an insulting remark. But if you continue presenting your opinions as if they were factual, people won't take you very seriously.

Arunma , I don't understand why every reply of your reflects frustration against Hinduism and Hindus. It's better if you reply using some logics rather than spreading anti-hindu and anti-hinduism propaganda in most of your posts. No hindu takes you seriously, noone will take you seriously if you continue like this.

I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism rather than an insulting remark.

Upvote 0

MahaSudarshanChakra

Sep 3, 2005
✟8,460.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How does it matter if Islam is the fastest growing religion? As kali yuga advances it has been prophecised that more and more people will get wicked and follow wrong religions. The growing power of Islam just fulfils this prophecy. Peaceful religions like hinduism, buddhism, christianity etc will all disappear one day - it is inevitable.

Upvote 0

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
arunma said:

here is the reference he gave me. http://www.pluralism.org/research/p...p?profile=72671...

who is the author of this article ? Muslim. I can a trust a christian but i just cannot trust a muslim because they are all mostly full of lies, to decieved people with zero knowleage. Those mainstream muslims are kept informed by these type of fanatics with a sole purpose to make islam stand out great, they will do anything and will resort to even lying to make islam looks great. All the bad things they wil do but call it un-islamic but if they do good things they'll say this is real islam, i've heard enough of this propaganda.

Yeah he gave source on one link which shows a western man praising islam etc. I've read about a guy who was in saudi on a trip have no choice but to praise islam, if not he'll be dead man, The thing is if anybody were to criticized islam he will recieved a backlash or even put to death in islamic countries.

Some western scholars are being paid by rich Arabs to praised islam to boost converts. At Least Christians don't lie.....but the muslims are lying, they are lying to everyone, the biggest lie is Islam being a peaceful religion which in reality its not. Europe should know this threat, Islam is never a peaceful religion.

Muslims everywhere are having a lot of babies and are growing a very fast rate, to populate the world, to increase the population in various countries than once a sizable population is there, they demand a islamic nation and waged war against the infidels (us)

I've read a article that Europe will be Eurabia thus becoming Islamic states and over the course of years under Islamic rule, Europe will be more like Middle-East and africa, many will be poor, India, China, Israel and United States, Japan, Korea wil be rich and powerful these will be infidels. they will provide help to the Jews in defending Islamic onslaughts. where is christianiy here ??........Islam is a threat to Christianity first you should know that arunma.

I was raise up as a Muslim so i know what they talk, many muslims forsee a islamic world in the future and they will do all they can to make it happen.

HOW TO REMOVE ISLAM ?

Only the Quran can remove islam, hows that The Quran should be widely read and people should see what it says thats the only way. when people are aware of it, than comes knowleage, Many Europeans are not aware of the quran they think it as a peaceful scripture.

Only the Quran can save humanity:) and restore peace in this earth, It should be widely read.

Upvote 0

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
MahaSudarshanChakra said:
How does it matter if Islam is the fastest growing religion? As kali yuga advances it has been prophecised that more and more people will get wicked and follow wrong religions. The growing power of Islam just fulfils this prophecy. Peaceful religions like hinduism, buddhism, christianity etc will all disappear one day - it is inevitable.

hmmm almost agreed but Hindusim will withstand the time but few in numbers, Buddism will also survive but Europe is the key to Christianity, it may fall if it consider islam as a peaceful religion.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Wow, a Hindu who actually says that Christianity is peaceful! This is something that isn't found regularly on CF. Excuse me while I give you 100 blessings.

Granted, you probably don't approve of proselytizing, which is an inseparable part of Christianity. But this is better than nothing.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
urnotme said:
Was hinduism in pre islamic arabia? I was gong to search for it but I might get a load of ++++. What religion were the pagans?

The Arabic religion before Islam was a standard Semitic form of Paganism. The Kaaba was a holy site. There was a belief in Gins (spirits), the word Genie (magic beings in bottles or lamps) came from this root.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Let us not pretend that Christianity is a peaceful religion. The Crusades, The War of the Roses, george bushe's invasion of Iraq, Pat Robertson, Northern Ireland, Salem Witch trials, Conquest of the Americas, Colonization of Africa, African Slave Trade, and much more are vivid evidence that Christianity is NOT a peaceful religion.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I didn't bring up the destruction of the temple of the Tooth in Kandy. An atrocity against Buddhism. Nazi-isms appropriation of Eurpean Christianity to perpetrate it's atrocities. The wars in the disintigrating Jugoslavia, the attempted genocide of the two Muslim peoples of the Western Balkans.

Upvote 0

MahaSudarshanChakra

Sep 3, 2005
✟8,460.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kit said:
Let us not pretend that Christianity is a peaceful religion. The Crusades, The War of the Roses, george bushe's invasion of Iraq, Pat Robertson, Northern Ireland, Salem Witch trials, Conquest of the Americas, Colonization of Africa, African Slave Trade, and much more are vivid evidence that Christianity is NOT a peaceful religion.

Well!

I still maintain Christianity is a peaceful religion. Because there is nothing in its scripture that preaches hate. Christians may be evil, but Christianity is not. Anyway I consider Christianity only as a superstition, but a harmless one.:)

On the other hand, many muslims may be good, but Islam is plain evil. qoran is full of hatred for non-believers. Islam is not only a superstition, but an evil one. Its founder himself did not set an example, unlike Jesus. Jesus was a noble personality from the biblical accounts while Mohamed is dangerous from the accounts in qoran and hadiths. Islam is evil at its very core. They know only language - the language of the sword. Look at what they did to the world in the past and in the present. God save the world from them in future.

Upvote 0

Rusticus

Jul 2, 2005
✟8,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Getting back to the OP, which was about resurgence of Hinduism in Indonesia:

In the light of the recent bombings in Bali, according to some analysts this is part of an emerging effort by fundamentalist Moslems to try to get the current secular regime to implode in order to establish an Islamic State.
If they were to be successful in that, resurgence of Hinduism (as well as any flourishing of any other religion other than Islam) would be almost impossible.

There is an article by Phillip Adams in "The Australian" Newspaper that grasps the issue well. I'll quote three paragraphs from it and will try to post a link to the whole article.
"...... The problem isn't as simple and elemental as the Muslim (them) hating the Christian (us). Most of the terrorist attacks around the world are internecine, involving Muslims killing Muslims. Shades of Northern Island, with Catholics killing Protestants, the perpetrators and the victims share the same faith, with minor variations.

In Bali, Australians in particular and foreigners in general are certainly targeted, but they're tactical, tangential targets. The bombings are aimed at Jakarta, at Sukarno's achievement in creating a secular Indonesia.

The second largest Islamic population does not live in a Muslim state. What the Indonesians achieved after their victory over the Dutch was as remarkable as Attaturk's triumph in Turkey, what Christians would call the separation of church and state. And that is what Indonesia's terrorists hate, not so much Australia and Australians or our values and way of life. It's their own nation's values and way of life they're out to destroy, so that an Islamic government can be established. ......"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16801984%5E12272,00.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums