Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So someone who gives a prophecy of an earthquake has to say when it will happen and where?
He has be to more exact than he did. There are earthquakes on a daily basis so saying that there is an earthquake is an easy prediction. He did say that the earthquake would be a 9.+ quake but with 9.2 quake occurring in Indonesia a few years earlier, that was a detail which would pointed to it being from God.

Most of his predictions are pretty generic and most he takes credit for after the occur, like most self proclaimed prophets these days.
I'm not sure God tells all of the details.
No one says that God gives all of the details but the ones which he gives would give no doubt that the event was given by God.

He made a prediction of a terror attack on New York, which he didn't publicize until years after the terror attack on 9/11. He keeps adding to it so that he now claims that he saw the planes and he saw the towers but that isn't what he said at first.

At first he said he saw a vision that there would be an explosion in New York and Washington and he saw people running in the streets. This isn't that impressive of a prediction since New York had already been hit by a bomb and Al Qaeda had bombed several embassies using car bombs which also send people in a panic.

Bakker supposedly predicted that Tokyo would be flattened first nd then LA would be flattened. That was from his 31 prophesies which he spoke of at a Morning Star Conference, which he claims was given in 1999.

He made the prediction, I can't remember, but it was very close to the time when the earthquake happened.
He said that a 9.+ earthquake would occur at some time in the future. He said this in January of 2010 and the Japan quake occurred in March. Some at the Conference said they thought he gave the Canary Islands as the site which is half a world away from Japan. They said that he saw a tsunami which would hit the east coast of the US and also hit Europe and Africa.

The Canaries are off the coast of Morocco. Bakker said that the tsunami wave would be several hundred feet high when it hit the US. Now, that would be improbable. It could be very high when it hit Morocco and the other Island but by the time the wave traveled clear across the Atlantic, the wave would most likely would only be a few feet high.

It happened didn't it?
An earthquake occurred but there is no way that it can be tied to Bakker's prediction.

It's still not good enough for you?
I have no doubt that God speaks, audibly, to people because I have heard his voice and he has given me prophesies which came true but those only applied to my life. I believe that he can give prophesies about global events but someone is going to have to give a lot better prophesy than Bakker's and they need to do it prior to the event and give a location.

If Bakker had said, "the lord spoke to me and said that there is going to be a 9.+ earthquake off the coast of Japan in March", then I would have been impressed.
When God told Noah to build the ark I don't think he told him exactly when the flood would take place.
And? Noah built the largest boat that had ever been built. He went out herded all the different animals which God told him to put on the boat. Now that is impressive.

Did you see the show? I saw a video later and I thought he said it was coming soon. I could be wrong, but I remember saying, "Wow" after I saw the video.
I saw the videos of several of the predictions.
I had a terrible toothache for days and I didn't have money to go to the dentist. While watching Jim Bakker, and believe me, I disagree with a lot of what he says Scripturally concerning Revelation, but he said, "There is someone watching who has an infection in a tooth and it is very painful. God is going to heal that but not right away. It will take a few days because the infection is really bad." It took a little more like a week and the pain was completely gone without seeing a dentist or taking antibiotics or anything. It slowly decreased until it was gone.
I was on my way to Mass when the Holy Spirit came upon me and revealed that I would receive a healing. The Spirit was really moving within me all through Mass and I was silently praise God.

Nothing happened that day but the next morning a place on my left which had been injured over 10 years before began to get sore and feverish. This continued for about 3 days and then the pain and fever went away and the injured area returned to normal.

I had had the area examined by doctors on several occasion, after the injury, and had at least ultra sounds done looking for blood clots.

I had been hit by a line drive while pitching in a slow pitch softball game in the early '90s. An area the size of the ball remained on my calf muscle but had started to turn black and get hard to the touch. There had been significant damage to the tissue and blood vessels but doctors didn't think that it had been bad enough to operate until things got worse but now, there is almost no evidence that anything had ever been wrong.

For me, that is impressive and I give all credit to our Father in heaven especially since the Holy Spirit came upon me and revealed a healing.

I have also been immediately healed of the flu after partaking of the Eucharist and my son was almost completely healed of deafness due to a premature birth.

I know what God can do in his children's lives.

God Bless

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't have to defend this to you. Nothing will convince you because you don't want to believe.

Here is the prediction if my link works, though my links have been known to fail on occasion.
It is about 4 minutes and 50 seconds into the video.

If it doesn't work, I'll try again but it is Jim Bakker's prediction of Japan earthquake 2011.

Just trying to understand what you wrote.

You said that somebody who prophecies earthquakes doesn't need to say when or where. I just did exactly that and you have a go at me?

I'm not saying there's no such thing as prophecy, quite the opposite, it's just the language you were using confused me.

How about if I support my prediction that 'There will be an earthquake in the future' by adding that I know this because God gave me the ability to learn about geography. Does that make it more of a prophecy?

Even him saying that there will be a 9 earthquake is generic and bound to come true. It's like claiming that hurricanes and other deadly storms will hit the USA and then spin it into being a punishment from God or whatever. Prediction can be a very easy thing to do!

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just trying to understand what you wrote.

You said that somebody who prophecies earthquakes doesn't need to say when or where. I just did exactly that and you have a go at me?

I'm not saying there's no such thing as prophecy, quite the opposite, it's just the language you were using confused me.

How about if I support my prediction that 'There will be an earthquake in the future' by adding that I know this because God gave me the ability to learn about geography. Does that make it more of a prophecy?

Even him saying that there will be a 9 earthquake is generic and bound to come true. It's like claiming that hurricanes and other deadly storms will hit the USA and then spin it into being a punishment from God or whatever. Prediction can be a very easy thing to do!

Did you watch the video I posted? He said there was going to be an earthquake in Japan, a 9.0. He said that on February 28th, 2011 and the earthquake was sometime in March of that year.

You and Yarddog just want to give me a hard time because it is Jim Bakker who made the prediction. He went to jail and he's a Pentecostal. So what? God is a forgiving God and just because someone attends a different denomination doesn't mean that God wouldn't speak to him.

I was saved watching Jim Bakker in the '70's. I eventually backslid because I'd been raised Catholic and didn't know what I was doing. It took five years to leave the Catholic Church and from then on, I was probably a nominal Christian. I came back to the Lord in 2004, but I still say that I was saved watching Jim Bakker because I believe that I was. People can make fun of him, even I get annoyed with all of the advertisement and sales pitches, but he made the prediction a few days before the actual earthquake. He had been saying it for about ten years and specified Japan. Anyway, I think he's a good man and I believe that God speaks to him. I also like his wife, Lori.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He has be to more exact than he did. There are earthquakes on a daily basis so saying that there is an earthquake is an easy prediction. He did say that the earthquake would be a 9.+ quake but with 9.2 quake occurring in Indonesia a few years earlier, that was a detail which would pointed to it being from God.

Most of his predictions are pretty generic and most he takes credit for after the occur, like most self proclaimed prophets these days.
No one says that God gives all of the details but the ones which he gives would give no doubt that the event was given by God.

He made a prediction of a terror attack on New York, which he didn't publicize until years after the terror attack on 9/11. He keeps adding to it so that he now claims that he saw the planes and he saw the towers but that isn't what he said at first.

At first he said he saw a vision that there would be an explosion in New York and Washington and he saw people running in the streets. This isn't that impressive of a prediction since New York had already been hit by a bomb and Al Qaeda had bombed several embassies using car bombs which also send people in a panic.

Bakker supposedly predicted that Tokyo would be flattened first nd then LA would be flattened. That was from his 31 prophesies which he spoke of at a Morning Star Conference, which he claims was given in 1999.

He said that a 9.+ earthquake would occur at some time in the future. He said this in January of 2010 and the Japan quake occurred in March. Some at the Conference said they thought he gave the Canary Islands as the site which is half a world away from Japan. They said that he saw a tsunami which would hit the east coast of the US and also hit Europe and Africa.

The Canaries are off the coast of Morocco. Bakker said that the tsunami wave would be several hundred feet high when it hit the US. Now, that would be improbable. It could be very high when it hit Morocco and the other Island but by the time the wave traveled clear across the Atlantic, the wave would most likely would only be a few feet high.

An earthquake occurred but there is no way that it can be tied to Bakker's prediction.

I have no doubt that God speaks, audibly, to people because I have heard his voice and he has given me prophesies which came true but those only applied to my life. I believe that he can give prophesies about global events but someone is going to have to give a lot better prophesy than Bakker's and they need to do it prior to the event and give a location.

If Bakker had said, "the lord spoke to me and said that there is going to be a 9.+ earthquake off the coast of Japan in March", then I would have been impressed.

And? Noah built the largest boat that had ever been built. He went out herded all the different animals which God told him to put on the boat. Now that is impressive.

I saw the videos of several of the predictions.

I was on my way to Mass when the Holy Spirit came upon me and revealed that I would receive a healing. The Spirit was really moving within me all through Mass and I was silently praise God.

Nothing happened that day but the next morning a place on my left which had been injured over 10 years before began to get sore and feverish. This continued for about 3 days and then the pain and fever went away and the injured area returned to normal.

I had had the area examined by doctors on several occasion, after the injury, and had at least ultra sounds done looking for blood clots.

I had been hit by a line drive while pitching in a slow pitch softball game in the early '90s. An area the size of the ball remained on my calf muscle but had started to turn black and get hard to the touch. There had been significant damage to the tissue and blood vessels but doctors didn't think that it had been bad enough to operate until things got worse but now, there is almost no evidence that anything had ever been wrong.

For me, that is impressive and I give all credit to our Father in heaven especially since the Holy Spirit came upon me and revealed a healing.

I have also been immediately healed of the flu after partaking of the Eucharist and my son was almost completely healed of deafness due to a premature birth.

I know what God can do in his children's lives.

God Bless

I think you missed the video with the clip where Jim Bakker was predicting a 9.0 earthquake in Japan. It's about 4mins. and 50seconds into the video and it took place on Feb. 28, 2011. The earthquake happened in March of 2011. Jim Bakker had been predicting a major earthquake in Japan for approx. 10yrs.

So you believe that the Holy Spirit spoke to you, but not to Jim Bakker. Why not? As my video showed, he received the prophecy before the 9.0 earthquake IN JAPAN. But that is not good enough?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think you missed the video with the clip where Jim Bakker was predicting a 9.0 earthquake in Japan.
No, I watched the video where he predicted a 9.+ earthquake but he said he didn't know when that would be. He didn't say anything about Japan until after the 9.2 quake off the east coast of Japan. He then claimed that was the quake was what he envisioned in his Dec. 31, 2010 broadcast but that show said nothing about an earthquake.

It's about 4mins. and 50seconds into the video and it took place on Feb. 28, 2011. The earthquake happened in March of 2011. Jim Bakker had been predicting a major earthquake in Japan for approx. 10yrs.
Provide those videos if you have them. I have seen the videos where he claims that the Japanese earthquake was the one he predicted but I have watched the videos he made leading up to March 2011 and he never mentions Japan.
So you believe that the Holy Spirit spoke to you, but not to Jim Bakker. Why not?
So, you really like reading things into what is written. Provide the line which you got that idea.

As my video showed, he received the prophecy before the 9.0 earthquake IN JAPAN. But that is not good enough?
And? He predicted a 9.+ earthquake "somewhere". The world is an awfully big place and I am not impressed by someone making that type of prediction. He has predicted plenty of things which did not occur and when he makes claims that past broadcast show his predictions, he cuts them off so that viewers cannot see the parts which may show him to be incorrect.

If he truly is a prophet from God then all of his predictions would come true which they haven't and he wouldn't be trying to manipulate his videos to try and show that they were correct.

His prediction of a 9.+ earthquake was somewhat impressive because there aren't many that big but that does not mean that his understanding actually comes from God. Jeane Dixon did the same things back in the 2nd half of the 20th century..

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did you watch the video I posted? He said there was going to be an earthquake in Japan, a 9.0. He said that on February 28th, 2011 and the earthquake was sometime in March of that year.

You and Yarddog just want to give me a hard time because it is Jim Bakker who made the prediction. He went to jail and he's a Pentecostal. So what? God is a forgiving God and just because someone attends a different denomination doesn't mean that God wouldn't speak to him.

I was saved watching Jim Bakker in the '70's. I eventually backslid because I'd been raised Catholic and didn't know what I was doing. It took five years to leave the Catholic Church and from then on, I was probably a nominal Christian. I came back to the Lord in 2004, but I still say that I was saved watching Jim Bakker because I believe that I was. People can make fun of him, even I get annoyed with all of the advertisement and sales pitches, but he made the prediction a few days before the actual earthquake. He had been saying it for about ten years and specified Japan. Anyway, I think he's a good man and I believe that God speaks to him. I also like his wife, Lori.

I haven't got a clue who Jim Bakker is - never heard of him before I saw you mention his name on this thread. The denomination and past deeds are of no interest to me.

My question was about you claiming that a prophet doesn't have to say when or where an earthquake was going to happen. I provided my own prediction based on those guidelines and asked if it was, therefore, a prophecy.

A lot of 'prophets' strike me like those people who pretend to be mediums - they make general, vague statements with little specific meaning but when they manage to hit on something accurate they can say 'There, I told you so!'

Upvote 0