• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frater Chad

I'll probably forget to log in for another year
Sep 5, 2010
Austin, TX
✟16,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but another incredibly useful link is RAINN.org (I would post a link, but my noobness disallows it).

First, if the link takes you to a "Pepsi Refresh Project" site, just ignore that and click the "Continue to RAINN" link. They're trying to amass enough votes to win the project; being a government funded organization, it can use all the funding it can get.

Second, while the other links and resources found on the website are absolutely invaluable for survivors of sexual assault, I highly recommend their Online Hotline. It's a 24/7, completely confidential hotline that you can log onto from any computer (both myself and RAINN suggest doing so from a secure, private computer) and chat with a trained hotline worker. They're not professional counselors, but they do go through lots of training for that sort of thing. I would know--I worked there for a few months before switching to my current position (a hospital advocate).

Anyway, to get to the hotline, click the "Get Help" drop-down menu and click the "Online Hotline" tab. From there, you'll be briefed on how the hotline works, but if you're in a hurry, you can just skip to the link that transfers you tot he hotline itself. You'll be signed in as "Anonymous" and within a short period of time (it varies; there are only so many volunteers on at once) you'll be chatting with someone. They won't know who you are and you won't know who they are. Whenever your conversation ends and you log out, the conversation will automatically be deleted. It's extremely confidential and anonymous.

Hopefully this helps!

EDIT: Well dang. Evidently, there's already a link to RAINN's hotline in the "hotline" sticky (who woulda thunk?), but I highly recommend RAINN's website regardless :D

Upvote 0

633woman

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness
Jun 18, 2011
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting resources. These will be helpful for myself and others as I am collaborating on a new FREE devotional for survivors. Though I like the term ... overcomers.

If we are still kicking, still striving, and moving forward ... we didn't just survive! We have overcome - and we continue to overcome through Christ.

Upvote 0

Frater Chad

I'll probably forget to log in for another year
Sep 5, 2010
Austin, TX
✟16,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting resources. These will be helpful for myself and others as I am collaborating on a new FREE devotional for survivors. Though I like the term ... overcomers.

If we are still kicking, still striving, and moving forward ... we didn't just survive! We have overcome - and we continue to overcome through Christ.

Interesting point about the terminology. I've never considered using that before. The rape crisis center that I'm with has been debating on using the terms "victim" and "survivor," so I've never thought about figuring out different term. Definitely a good point!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.